Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
No stereo. Lol no dead bodies or bricks. My tires are now BFG comp 2's but have the same measurements close enough to the Perrelli's. I went with same size tires. I should have even saved some weight do to my bolt ons. I have no washer bottle and the only weight in the car are my users manuals right now.

By the way my springs are the 2" BMR springs all the way around. My car is a 2011 Camaro 2ss, not a V6. I was thinking of doing coil overs but have been reading that the 1LE struts and shocks might be just as good as an improvement. I don't track my car really, just a daily driver.

I miss the OE ride quality but love the lower stance. Makes the car look so much more killer!
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
No stereo. Lol no dead bodies or bricks. My tires are now BFG comp 2's but have the same measurements close enough to the Perrelli's. I went with same size tires. I should have even saved some weight do to my bolt ons. I have no washer bottle and the only weight in the car are my users manuals right now.

By the way my springs are the 2" BMR springs all the way around. My car is a 2011 Camaro 2ss, not a V6. I was thinking of doing coil overs but have been reading that the 1LE struts and shocks might be just as good as an improvement. I don't track my car really, just a daily driver.

I miss the OE ride quality but love the lower stance. Makes the car look so much more killer!
Sorry about the confusion on the motor.

Our position is that a 2" coil drop is too much. That does not make BMR wrong. It make Pedders and BMR different.

If you want a 2" drop, you want Pedders Xa coilovers. The way our coilovers adjust for height you have the same jounce travel (read as ride quality) regardless of height. Spring pre-compression is set by the lower spring perch. Ride height is set separately by screwing the entire monotube into or out of the lower mount.

The Cheap and Easy system should be smother than your current setup for two reasons. First there is an additional 12mm of jounce travel. That is a LOT. You only have about 70mm of jounce travel at OE height. Second, you'll have like new struts that function, well like new

If you have cut your bumpstops you'll need new OEM stops with the Cheap and Easy setup. The Xas come with Xa bumpstops.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Yeah, this is what I figured. I probably should have done coilovers from the start. I want a low stance but I also want a quality ride.

I did cut the bump stops so I'm guessing I will need to purchase new ones.

I will have to find the best deal possible on some XA's brand new in the box.

I think this is what I will just have to pull the trigger on.

The springs have been great but I am just a little pickier when it comes to my ride quality.
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote