Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2020, 08:45 AM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ray T View Post
Dare I ask what a new head unit cost? Cause in my world, It is always worst case scenario, I rarely get cut brakes....lol
I'm not sure what it did cost, my extended warranty covered it...Sorry.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #16
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Thumbs up

Quote:
So, last weekend, after my car sat for about a week, got in and cranked her up. Starter was a bit slow, and after I cranked it up, the craziest thing started happening. The radio would go completely off. Like no power off. Clock and everything. Then come back on. Go off for 5 seconds and come back on, and did this for about 3 minutes. Then went on and stayed on.

Been doing some reading that suggested a battery going bad could cause some strange things to happen, and I didn't know how old the battery was, but the guy I bought it from had it a bit over 3 years and never changed it. So, I figured, why not go ahead and replace the battery. So I did.

Fast forward to today. The car has sat since Saturday, it's Wednesday. Got in and cranked up to run an errand. First 3 to 5 minutes the car was cranked, the radio did that same on for 10 seconds off for 3-5 seconds. Then after that 3 to 5 minutes, came on and stayed on...

What the hell is happening? Any ideas. 2010 SS A/T, 57K miles. No mods other than resinator removed as far as I can tell.

it is the radio module oem i replaced and worked dont cut the white cable or anything you see on YT. its radio module
Sxren_Camaro'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #17
Cpt. Ray T

Drives: 2010 SS A/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxren_Camaro'13 View Post
it is the radio module oem i replaced and worked dont cut the white cable or anything you see on YT. its radio module

Thank you... Do you have the part number or best place to shop. Looked on Ebay and see so many different thing, figured I would ask before I tore into the dash to figure it out since clearly you have gone down that road.

"Thosewho would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."Benjamin Franklin
Cpt. Ray T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #18
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
Thank you... Do you have the part number or best place to shop. Looked on Ebay and see so many different thing, figured I would ask before I tore into the dash to figure it out since clearly you have gone down that road.
try this https://images.app.goo.gl/DXxHYCcen88NFc6r7
Old 02-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #19
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Quote:
they use this same module for the equinox and cruze
Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #20
Cpt. Ray T

Drives: 2010 SS A/T
Quote:
they use this same module for the equinox and cruze

Thank you so much...

"Thosewho would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."Benjamin Franklin
Cpt. Ray T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 08:00 PM   #21
malibupaul

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
My radio, screen, fan, blinker sound, climate control indicator lights all started to go in and out. I checked everything I could and finally took it to the dealer. After some diagnostic trial and error, they are saying it is the radio control head. As of today, I’m not sure if I’m going to approve the $1,000 repair because they don’t guarantee it and they said they can’t return the part if they’re wrong, or GM is wrong because they are utilizing GM support. I didn’t check those ground wires mentioned. By the way, I read that white wire to cut has something to do with the four way flashers. Anyway, if GM doesn’t kick in with some cost sharing, which I don’t have a lot of hope in, I have the option of buying a replacement head and doing the work myself. I saw a company sells a “PAC” replacement. Any thoughts on my dilemma?
malibupaul is offline   Reply With Quote