Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
Most people have no clue how to train or raise a dog. They shouldn't be allowed to own any dog let alone a pit. I have a Pit and he is a very smart and obedient dog. I've trained him over the years to no I am in charge. I have had other dogs and even cats walk through the yard and he never even growls. I know these dogs have a bad rep but I love mine as he is a great pet and my wife instantly grew to love him once we started dating.
It's funny you should say this because this is exactly what I think of someone
that I see with a pit. " I've trained him over the years to no I am in charge."
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
It's in a very loving but firm way. My parents hated pits until they met quake. They love him now and see the difference in my pit and pits living in a neglected and abusive environment. I'm no tree higher by any means but I do take extremely good care of my two dogs. The other is a jack Russell and him and the pit are best buddies. If you hate the breed that's fine. But if you ever actually get to meet a properly trained Pit you will have a better understanding of what I'm trying to explain. I know I'm fighting an uphill battle lol.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
That was supposed to say NO TREE HUGGER stupid iPhone and it's predicta text lol!
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #18
Transfusion

Drives: 1SS Summit White
You are fighting an uphill battle, and it will always be that way. Your pit may be different, but to you only. Your parents say they like it, but they are only saying that
they love and trust you and know that you wouldn't do anything to harm them. And the same goes for your girlfriend I'm sure. These are people that respect and love you and hopefully if you see trouble with the dog you won't put their lives in jeopardy the same way the moron in SF did.
"no tree higher" "I am in charge". This isn't a toy poodle that you are caring for. I probably sound like your parents now, but this is how I feel about this breed.have a good one
Transfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
It's not the breed, it's the upbringing. A lot of pits were inbred, taught (tortured) to fight, and used by some cultures as representations of their own 'toughness'. It's really sad and could have happened to a number of different breeds.

Folks saying these dogs are like natural born killers are talking from fear and ignorance. Don't preach fear and hate, education and compassion is needed for this breed.

ANY dog owner needs to understand their responsibilities and fulfill them whether it's a Pit Bull, Jack Russel terrier, or Labrador retriever.

Prayers to the family.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
It's not the breed, it's the upbringing. A lot of pits were inbred, taught (tortured) to fight, and used by some cultures as representations of their own 'toughness'. It's really sad and could have happened to a number of different breeds.

Folks saying these dogs are like natural born killers are talking from fear and ignorance. Don't preach fear and hate, education and compassion is needed for this breed.

ANY dog owner needs to understand their responsibilities and fulfill them whether it's a Pit Bull, Jack Russel terrier, or Labrador retriever.

Prayers to the family.
Do a little research. You will see that Pit bulls account for about 55 to 60 percent of the dog attacks in the US alone. If your right with what your saying is the cause, well then I would say most people that get a pit bull must not know how to train them vs owners of all other breeds of dogs combined. These are very dangerous dogs and people that don't see it are just in denial.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Do a little research. You will see that Pit bulls account for about 55 to 60 percent of the dog attacks in the US alone. If your right with what your saying is the cause, well then I would say most people that get a pit bull must not know how to train them vs owners of all other breeds of dogs combined. These are very dangerous dogs and people that don't see it are just in denial.
The voice of reason has spoken!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #22
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
You should do some resaerch yourself, because it's actually Rots that account for most dog attacks....
Old 08-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Any dog can go nuts like this, some breeds are more prone than others. My lab/basset hound kept trying to get at males to attack them because he was beaten by a guy before I got him out the animal rescue. Thankfully for my dog he was able to break the violent streak after living with people for all these years.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You should do some resaerch yourself, because it's actually Rots that account for most dog attacks....
There is research that shows that both of these dogs account for most of the attacks and pit bulls account for more deaths. Bottom line is they are both deadly and precautions should be taken at all times. You just never know.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #25
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Any dog can go nuts like this, some breeds are more prone than others. My lab/basset hound kept trying to get at males to attack them because he was beaten by a guy before I got him out the animal rescue. Thankfully for my dog he was able to break the violent streak after living with people for all these years.

Any dog huh, then find me an article where a toy poodle mauled an able bodied adult to death
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #26
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I read a lot about dogs and research would prove different.

This is just one of the hundreds of articles that says different.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dangerous-dogs.htm
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yeah.
buy a lab. they chase tennis balls and lick your hand.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #28
Silver ice SS

Drives: Silver ice Metallic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Having a pet pit bull is like having a loaded shotgun pointed at you at all times. Eventually, you will probably do the wrong thing and get killed. I am sad to read about this tragedy, and hopefully future pit bull owners are dissuaded from caring for a murderous beast instead of a genuine pet.
Silver ice SS is offline   Reply With Quote