Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
If I was PQ price out wheels from Tirerack with tires, balanced and shipped and then sell the Savanies for that amount.
Good idea actually.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
If it was me, I would have them refinished and keep them. Then just buy a new set of rims/tires for the track.

Which is what my plan is already, minus having to pay again to have my rims finished again. But eventually I will probably change the rims up a bit, but just have them finished another way for a different look later on.

J
Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #17
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
What a shame.... painted right over chrome.... that is high quality.
I will do you a favor and take em for free. just getting rid of those headaches should be payment enough.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
If it was me, I would have them refinished and keep them. Then just buy a new set of rims/tires for the track.

Which is what my plan is already, minus having to pay again to have my rims finished again. But eventually I will probably change the rims up a bit, but just have them finished another way for a different look later on.

J
Problem, too, is the vibration. It's slight, but it's there. It's not ass bad as it was, and aa few shops have even told me it's normal and the wheels are withing normal spec. Admitedly, they are within, "300.00 per wheel brand new", type spec. But I can't stand the vibraton anymore. Even the little that's left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
What a shame.... painted right over chrome.... that is high quality.
I will do you a favor and take em for free. just getting rid of those headaches should be payment enough.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
JETG

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Guess I missed the vibration part, that would drive me nutz for sure. Can you not send them back to manufacture and see what the whole deal is why they vibrate like that and can it not be fixed at all ???? I have had all kinds of rims on different wheels and have never had that kind of issue, unless the tire was out of balance. Only issue I have had was it getting cold and hot and losing air. But that is a easy fix, air up and go...

J
Old 05-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
Guess I missed the vibration part, that would drive me nutz for sure. Can you not send them back to manufacture and see what the whole deal is why they vibrate like that and can it not be fixed at all ???? I have had all kinds of rims on different wheels and have never had that kind of issue, unless the tire was out of balance. Only issue I have had was it getting cold and hot and losing air. But that is a easy fix, air up and go...

J
They can not be fixed. They've tried. AND even completely replaced two of them. Savini has done what they can to help. They simply make a shitty wheel. But others have had good luck with theirs.

Thing to remember here is that a few shops told me they aren't perfect but they are acceptable as far as tolerance.

Other shops tell me they are still no good. Most just don't know.

They do NOT vibrate as bad as they once did. Before they replaced the two worst wheels. MUCH much better. But still a slight vibration. I've had people drive my car and say it wouldn't bother them at all. I've had people drive it and say it would drive them nuts. Guy at Firestone said it's bad enough to eventually mess something else up.

So, basically. Nobody knows. Only thing that remains constant is that ALL of them have said for the money they cost, they should be much better.

NineBall explained to me how you can't look at the lip, and I get it. But I look at the bead part and they all bounce. They just bounce 'within tolerance' but visibly.

Funny thing is that the 22 inch wheels at Rent&Roll didn't bounce AT ALL. He said he'd sell them to me for 1200.00 and that ALL FOUR.

But, again. Even Rent&Roll said they still should be ok after they balance them.

Bottom line, I want in to some that don't do this AT ALL. And I'm not gonna pay this kind of money on wheels EVER again. These wheel scompanies just don't do anything more than the cheapos do. Not noticeably anyway.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #21
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Let me think about it...

(turn about is fair play)
Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Let me think about it...

(turn about is fair play)
Old 05-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #23
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yeah ,they have a great racket going on there. Put a fancy name on cheaply made wheels and sell them for a ton of money, only in America...
+1 .... i've seen there shop. IMO they dont really give a c---
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
If only I had known a year ago what I know now. I would also have a set of 18 with DRs and more money in my pocket.

Good luck, PQ.

If you want to buy a set of stocker 20" wheels with tires and sensors, mine are for sale.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #25
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
I think they should go in the PQ wing of the Camaro5 museum, with the infamous video playing next to them

TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

It's been a learnign lesson for me.

I want to put a price on them but I can't find a cheap wheel I like.

It's the offsets I want to nail down.

Holy crap, you know you could sell a bunch of wheels if you made them to fit well.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
thanks PQ, for making me steer away from Savinis, let alone 22s..
Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #28
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I like my OEMs. ReseArched, and the wheels retail for 900 msrp. Now, you know I would not pay that, but no issues so far!

Sorry they got you PQ.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending

Closed Thread