Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #15
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2000 View Post
That stinks. Yeah I am very appreciative of the note and even told her that about 10 times. She was so apologetic when I talked to her this morning. She kept asking me if I wanted to punch her lol. Of course I don't since she left a note haha. It will get all fixed up correctly and we will all move on.
This what my last Camaro looked like when it was hit while parked in front of my house.
Drunk lady hit it at 5 am coming home from the club. When I went outside after the boom she was in her car trying to start it to leave. Yes that is her tire and wheel sitting by my driver door. Needless to say she wasn't going anywhere but to jail.
Damn...cudos to your tenacity. I think I would've given up the Camaro business with this type of luck. One thing I do know: Camaros are magnets....sometimes for trouble. I can remember when I took delivery on my first Camaro; I took one look at it and said "No way can I leave this thing out". Just roll with the punches.

Its a good thing that the other driver is taking responsibility, but I shake my head at others....literally. People don't think when they get behind the wheel, of the consequences of mishandling a car.

Good luck with the fix. It should mend well with a good body person.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #16
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
That is very nice of her to leave the note. I am guessing she might be cute.
User name checks out.....Pimp.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #17
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
If OP has not seen the SINGLE factory steel stamping for that part of the Camaro I included a pic here ...
the one piece actually runs from the back bumper and trunk up past the front of the door.
Chevy bragged about it being the largest stamping at their factories and has complex contour for unique styling without any seams in the metal, unlike most other cars which do have seams in that part of the body. If I remember correctly, Chevy mentioned it was over 10 feet long.
The Canada factory special stamping press for that part was mamouth and very costly, Camaro designers wanted to give the car huge hips and no seams there.
A work of art/engineering.
Did she mention how fast she was going when she hit your car? A glancing hit or stopped dead when she hit?
Noticed wheel damage in the pic, may want to check the wheel bearing/hub.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 05-15-2017 at 02:21 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #18
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Camaro1ss View Post
That sucks. Atleast they left a note with hopefully insurance information.

Around Colorado, you wouldn't have gotten that.
+1 My Ridgeline looks like a Demolition Derby winner because asshats have hit it and driven off... Lived in Texas for almost 30 years, and never had a ding, let alone a hit and run... move here and have had my truck smashed in front of my house!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #19
Redrider2000

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Damn...cudos to your tenacity. I think I would've given up the Camaro business with this type of luck. One thing I do know: Camaros are magnets....sometimes for trouble. I can remember when I took delivery on my first Camaro; I took one look at it and said "No way can I leave this thing out". Just roll with the punches.

Its a good thing that the other driver is taking responsibility, but I shake my head at others....literally. People don't think when they get behind the wheel, of the consequences of mishandling a car.

Good luck with the fix. It should mend well with a good body person.
funny you should mention you would have given up the Camaro business with my luck. I actually had a 99 hugger orange SS totaled (no pics of this one) in front of my house when a kid bent down to pick up a water bottle and smashed into the back of the car. I then had the 2000 SS you see in the pictures nailed. So I did give up the Camaro business for 6 years. I got back into this one and haven't parked it on the street in front of my house at all. I park it at my mother in laws 1 time and the 2010 was hit. I thought to myself this is Gods ways of saying no more camaros
Old 05-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #20
Redrider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
If OP has not seen the SINGLE factory steel stamping for that part of the Camaro I included a pic here ...
the one piece actually runs from the back bumper and trunk up past the front of the door.
Chevy bragged about it being the largest stamping at their factories and has complex contour for unique styling without any seams in the metal, unlike most other cars which do have seams in that part of the body. If I remember correctly, Chevy mentioned it was over 10 feet long.
The Canada factory special stamping press for that part was mamouth and very costly, Camaro designers wanted to give the car huge hips and no seams there.
A work of art/engineering.
Did she mention how fast she was going when she hit your car? A glancing hit or stopped dead when she hit?
Noticed wheel damage in the pic, may want to check the wheel bearing/hub.
That's pretty interesting, I haven't seen that before.
she said she was backing out of her driveway in her sons long wheel base truck and backed into it. She said she didn't even realize she hit me. Her daughter in law called her and told her she hit a car and turned around and came back.
The wheel damage was from the previous owner. I haven't had a chance to get it fixed yet. I have only had the car for 3 months
Old 05-15-2017, 03:14 PM   #21
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
funny you should mention you would have given up the Camaro business with my luck. I actually had a 99 hugger orange SS totaled (no pics of this one) in front of my house when a kid bent down to pick up a water bottle and smashed into the back of the car. I then had the 2000 SS you see in the pictures nailed. So I did give up the Camaro business for 6 years. I got back into this one and haven't parked it on the street in front of my house at all. I park it at my mother in laws 1 time and the 2010 was hit. I thought to myself this is Gods ways of saying no more camaros
Life can do that to you. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you have a sugary day/month/year. While I consider my ownership of the Camaro(s) successful, I've had my share of hard luck with my daily drivers. It is not easy owning/caring for and driving an automobile. It takes a good amount of effort.

But then again, life is short. I say.....if Camaro is what you want, stick it out. Sometimes you have to dictate to cars what you want out of them....if that makes any sense. If you demand a type of car or performance or behavior from a car, sometimes you have to put your foot down....lol....but I've found this to be true!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Do the in-laws feel a little guilty that it happened at their place?

I wonder if insurance is gonna replace the whole quarter panel door aperature piece or just splice a new panel in?

I'm really grateful that I don't have to park on the street. If I did, I wouldn't have even bought my Camaro. I'd probably just get an old cheap 3rd gen or something. Or, get something I hate like an old Mustang II. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #23
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
That sucks to hear OP, at least she left a note! Apparently they dont do that in Ohio..
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #24
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Yes the note was legit. I just got a voicemail from her insurance company about 10 minutes ago and waiting on them to call me back again. If it was fake info I would have just knocked on the ladies door as it was obvious who hit me.
Wow. An honest person.

Hoping they get it fixed up good as or better than new!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #25
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Do your research and find a good shop. Makes all the difference in the world!

Turn that negative into a positive.

Maybe get that little costomization you been thinking about.

Old 05-16-2017, 12:08 AM   #26
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I had the same worry while having dinner at a restaurant yesterday...Two parking slots in the very front of the building, but one car was not centered, which caused me to be off center when I parked...As we were leaving I checked both sides and was blessed, no damage...Hope you find a shop that does you justice...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #27
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post

Maybe get that little customization you been thinking about.
Excellent advice! Priority #1 should be finding the best auto body shop! (...from someone who learned the hard way.)
Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #28
Redrider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Do the in-laws feel a little guilty that it happened at their place?

I wonder if insurance is gonna replace the whole quarter panel door aperature piece or just splice a new panel in?

I'm really grateful that I don't have to park on the street. If I did, I wouldn't have even bought my Camaro. I'd probably just get an old cheap 3rd gen or something. Or, get something I hate like an old Mustang II. lol!
my mother in law called after she found out and said she was sorry. I don't really blame them. I chose to park on the street as she was leaving before I was going to leave and I didn't want to have to get back out and move my car. Lesson learned on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post

Maybe get that little costomization you been thinking about.

I have a couple of really good body shops close to me so as soon as I get a second im swinging by one or both of those to get estimates. im still waiting to hear back from the adjuster, im not real sure why they told me to wait for him to call before I go get estimates, but that's not happening.