Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Girl View Post
I just got back from a car show in Upland, CA. I actually got to see an IOM 2SS-no RS. Owner walked into dealership in Monrovia and paid 5k over sticker. Crazy. She said she didn't care about the 5k over sticker. If people wouldn't buy them over sticker the dealers would not be able to do this.
That's strange! I got mine at that Dealership for MSRP. Sierra Right?
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:53 PM   #16
Nova65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
That's one of the promo cars from the Houston events. Can tell by the Camaro windshield banner. Nice car, bad overprice.
Yeah, what is the milage? Kinda high for a "used" car...
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Parker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie Girl View Post
I just got back from a car show in Upland, CA. I actually got to see an IOM 2SS-no RS. Owner walked into dealership in Monrovia and paid 5k over sticker. Crazy. She said she didn't care about the 5k over sticker. If people wouldn't buy them over sticker the dealers would not be able to do this.
I ordered my car at the dealership in Monrovia and got no mark up and the yellow V6 is still there for promotion. Saw it at the street fair friday and was getting kettle corn fumes cleaned off the hood today.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #18
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenZ14X2 View Post
Ok, i'll be honest..NO i would not, it was not an M6 and was not a particular color i liked..
If your question is two part meaning "Could i buy it on the spot". Then the answer is YES!

I am a consumer.. It is the salesman's job to sell me that car, not for me to roll over simply so i can have a 5th Gen..

Your point is...?
No, no. I didn't mean that. I meant that these tactics by the salesmen were scaring away customers that GM dearly needs. However, in this case I guess you weren't going to buy it, but I meant that many people would be in the exact same situation of wanting it but not willing to pay that ridiculous price.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #19
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
That's strange! I got mine at that Dealership for MSRP. Sierra Right?
Hey funny sh!t you ordered your car from the same place as me.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Wow ya nearly got me there Soooch - my blood pressure started going up for a few secs ;-)

You are right on - wait and laugh at these folks who paid over the odds later

There will always be folks who can afford to pay to be 1st in line - simply a fact of life
Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
If they would concentrate on fixing the 7000 cars they already built and getting them delivered to the customers who already bought them....but aw crap....here I go kicking a dead horse again.
But what do I know...I'm only a frustrated and bitter lifetime GM customer who got chased to the competition by the way GM treated me and so many other customers on this whole Camaro launch. I'd probably be very happy if I had walked into a local dealership 6 weeks ago knowing nothing about the car, ordered it, and getting it delivered in another three weeks from now.
Lets hope their new marketing department after the bankruptcy figures out how to attract customers and retain their loyalty for the future. Its actually quite simple, all they have to do is log onto this site and read English. Customer service 101 for free...

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #22
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
If they would concentrate on fixing the 7000 cars they already built and getting them delivered to the customers who already bought them....
"Already Bought Them" I know that I am probably gonna get flamed for this one, but unless your car has been delivered and you or anyone signed their purchase agreement then the only thing that has been payed for is a deposit on a preorder, but in fact the car is still not yours until it gets in your driveway. I ordered on the 1st of November and my car is supposed to be produced tomorrow the 18th. That said I don't mind seeing people that just order within a month or two getting theirs cars already and I am not jealous, since that is just the way things go sometimes. And as people have already said on several threads, the dealer can still sell your car if someone else gives them more money than you would. This has already happened to a couple of the members on this site. Not trying to stir the pot, but like most are saying now, and I will jump on the same wagon, we just have to wait or if you can not then buy a different car. The great thing about this country is you are free to do what you want as long as its legal.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #23
Nova65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I ordered my car at the dealership in Monrovia and got no mark up and the yellow V6 is still there for promotion. Saw it at the street fair friday and was getting kettle corn fumes cleaned off the hood today.
Which options did you get? Did you work with Tammy or Sean?
Old 05-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #24
SDF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitboy View Post
If they would concentrate on fixing the 7000 cars they already built and getting them delivered to the customers who already bought them....but aw crap....here I go kicking a dead horse again.
But what do I know...I'm only a frustrated and bitter lifetime GM customer who got chased to the competition by the way GM treated me and so many other customers on this whole Camaro launch. I'd probably be very happy if I had walked into a local dealership 6 weeks ago knowing nothing about the car, ordered it, and getting it delivered in another three weeks from now.
Lets hope their new marketing department after the bankruptcy figures out how to attract customers and retain their loyalty for the future. Its actually quite simple, all they have to do is log onto this site and read English. Customer service 101 for free...
Amen to that!!! I would have told GM to kiss my a.. and canceled my order a month ago but thanks to all of you on this site I'm still hanging in there.
SDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
Which options did you get? Did you work with Tammy or Sean?
I did it with Sean. Got a black 2SS/RS A6 and a car cover. IBM was my original choice, but couldn't order it at the time. Never bothered to switch colors after I saw the Black concept in person.

This is way off topic too. Sorry other people
Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #26
rogue

Drives: 67 CAMARO
finally some one with some balls
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #27
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i think GM would crack down on dealers doing this. Sure your going to pocket some extra change on a few cars. But in the long run it doesnt promote good will and faith and will hurt image in the long run
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #28
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
i think GM would crack down on dealers doing this. Sure your going to pocket some extra change on a few cars. But in the long run it doesnt promote good will and faith and will hurt image in the long run
I have to agree.

Just ask the Harley dealers that went down the tubes after all the fanboy gouging ten years ago.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote