Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 12-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
That Kobalt stuff sucks from I have seen and used of it..
Yea, its not everyday mechanics use stuff, maybe a bit less quality than sears, but there seems to be more lowes than sears anymore, so returning a broken tool is not a big deal.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94ChevyCamaroV6 View Post
I have a 1994 Chevy Camaro V6 3.4L Car. I dont really have any tools at all because I am fifteen and my dad doesnt like me messing with his tools. I need Jack stands that are reliable because I need to change the transmission mount and then Im not sure what other tools a person needs for fixing a car maybe a socket set alen wrench etc I really dont know what are the most common used tools for fixing a car and I am looking to find cheap but reliable tools because I wont be working on the car much but that occasional time when I do I would like tools. If you know of a tool kit or Jack stands along with a Jack and all of the Jack stands and Jack have to be reliable. I am looking to spend like 75 bucks for Just the tools and I will spend what Is needed for a reliable set of Jack stands and Jack. I know that seventy five bucks Isnt much but I dont have a whole lot of money to spend. Thats why Im trying to find a tool set deal. Thanks for the help. Then.
Go to the Pawn Shops and look for Craftsman Tools, Snap On etc. When you gain experience with what are good vs bad tools you can look at Harbor Freight. A lot of Harbor Freight tools are fairly good like jack stands on sale for $15 for a 3 ton set but until you know what to look for I would stay away from Harbor Freight and stick with name brands like Craftsman, Snap On. The general rule with tools is you get what you pay for.