Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #15
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
^^^That's a great post!

Seriously though. If no A/C is her only complaint, then suck it up and retrofit a/c into the car. If it just has to go, then put some cheaper tires on it to sell it. BFG's or something similar.

Good luck.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #16
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
Oh, NO! Say it ain't so!!!! This just can't be. It can't! You, the Master of the Registry, a staple in the Camaro5 Community's smallest but most important group!? I've been up all night trying to come up with a solution and have finally come up with what will be the best for all involved, providing comfort to your better half, and being able to keep the Z/28 in your garage. This operation is sensitive and must be carried out with finesse. It can only be utilized once in life and this your once, so you have to make it count. The only way this can work is for you to lie through your teeth and cry. Although, at first glance, it may not seem like the best solution, you will realize that it is the ONLY respectable solution.

1. As you get into bed, sit down on the edge of the bed and bend over crying. This is great because in the dark she will not see that there are no tears.
2. Tell her that you cannot get rid of "Carla" or "Beatrice" that she is part of the family and has gotten you through tough times. But be extremely careful when you pick a name for your Z/28. Avoid stripper names like Candy, Ginger (this would be especially bad if it was red - think Gilligan's Island) or any names of old girlfriends. Use something which is inoffensive, your first grad teacher (not your kid's hot first grade teacher). Giving your car a name makes it harder to get rid of, it is more personal. I made the mistake of calling one of my planes Ginger and it made it all that much easier for her to push me into selling it, referring to Ginger as the 'Red Headed Slut', so you are gaining valuable information that I am GIVING you, here...
3. Then, tell her that the market has dropped significantly due to political unrest. Blame it on Trump or Hillary (whichever is most offensive to you) as this strikes a cord with just about anyone right now. It's a good general way of laying the blame where there is no fast solution.
4. Explain that experts predict the Z/28 to multiply in value within the next 12-18 months. This is important. Keep it general and don't say 'a year' as this will guarantee your wife will place a great big X on the calendar and getting through this again on July 18, 2017 won't be as easy. 12-18ish months is awesome.....
5. Refer to Beatrice like the family dog, one the kids adore and love. Explain how you don't want to see their hearts get broken. Harp, on this one, sob a little, share a story about your dog Lassie that saved you from drowning when you were (use your youngest kid's age so she can relate). When she says, "You never told me this before", simply respond with "My Child Psychologist told me not to bring it up and let it interfere with the happiness of my life." Hopefully your wife is not a psychologist, but if she is PM me and we can find another way around it. Making sure that you involve the children in this racket is primordial. If you can somehow get one of them to come into the room crying at the same time would be fantastic, but could backfire on you as well if not carried out perfectly, so act accordingly. "Mommy is making us get rid of dear Beatrice who has been so good to our family...."

If all else fails, trade it in. You can buy used tires and this way hopefully your state allows your taxes to be transferred to a new vehicle. Hate to see it happen, but understand.
Above...That's great...

Or how about I buy it at fair market value and should Zslash28 want to buy it back someday we do it at fair market value...

Always wanted the 2014 in AGM w/o AC...that is what I ordered back in March 2013. Because my dealer was not a "Box Store" they got passed over on the order. I had to wait for the 2015..AGM no A/C...1 of each would be great!!! Just say'in...
4 FN 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #17
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Here we will help, if you keep the car, and need to add AC in the car, we will give you this part for free, its all the inside guts for the heater/AC in the camaro.

Work it out with the wife, if you can and keep the car, time goes by faster then you think and in the long run you will regret it. IMO
Attached Images

2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #18
VOIT

Drives: Z/28
WOW, very nice offer! Gotta love the 5th gen community!
VOIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #19
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
Very cool to make that offer!
Old 07-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
4 FN 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Here we will help, if you keep the car, and need to add AC in the car, we will give you this part for free, its all the inside guts for the heater/AC in the camaro.

Work it out with the wife, if you can and keep the car, time goes by faster then you think and in the long run you will regret it. IMO
That is awesome!!!

But you guys are wrecking my dream however for a better cause!!!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #21
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
OP - play the lottery, today is you lucky day. You have a buyer and free parts within 1 day of this post. SMH. Great community.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #22
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
You all are great!
Z28 HLR, you had me laughing with your post, thank you.
Ofer, thank you for the gracious offer on the a/c parts, something to consider.
4 FN 27, ill be in touch. PM replied.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #23
Spyglass

Drives: Too many
Simple: Keep the car add a/c.

I've had all sorts of cars that were 2 seaters and prevented me from taking the whole family. Cars with roll cages and rear seat delete, mini tubbed and no rear seats, etc ........... this car has rear seats so everyone can pack up and go.

Either way good luck with decision.
Spyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #24
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
I checked into adding AC to one a while back. None of the electrical wiring was installed in the car so it was going to cost a fortune to do the install. Now, you being much more mechanically inclined than I, may be able to do install yourself. And you can remove the AC when you want to return the car back to stock form.

Would really hate to see you leave our Z/28 family, but if it's creating tension at home that's no good.

Sounds like F N 427 may be picking up a new Z!
Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 PM   #25
4 FN 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Would really hate to see you leave our Z/28 family, but if it's creating tension at home that's no good.

Sounds like F N 427 may be picking up a new Z!
You haven't seen tension at home yet. I have yet to have this conversation with my Wife...LOL...

Just like every like every other vehicle I brought home she will get over it.

Back in 2006 I brought home a brand new Freightliner Columbia Renegade Conversion with a 48 Foot Featherlite behind it. Took her about 3 months to come unglued from the ceiling...we laugh about it now.
Attached Images