Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #15
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Is that a garage I see behind your car? If so, I would be using it. If there is no room in it, time for a garage sale to clean it out. We will be renting a garage at our apartment complex for this reason. Hubby's Durango door got dinged by neighbor's mini van last night. He's so pissed right now, it's all I can do to keep him from going next door and kicking his ass.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Is that a garage I see behind your car? If so, I would be using it. If there is no room in it, time for a garage sale to clean it out. We will be renting a garage at our apartment complex for this reason. Hubby's Durango door got dinged by neighbor's mini van last night. He's so pissed right now, it's all I can do to keep him from going next door and kicking his ass.
Garages can only fit so many cars... I don't know if the OP is keeping some special cars or a boat in there, but that's the only reason my cars are vulnerable to vandalism.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Kids, punk kids. Go egging hit nice stuff, its not funny if its a beater.

Around 1997 someone did a Drive-by on my house with the paintball guns.

They did the whole neighborhood, but they decided to go "Vietnam" on my house.

Why??? Because I had cool cars sitting in my driveway.

I feel for you though man, paintball splats just wipe right off, egg is a little trickier.
Still obnoxious. I got paint-balled earlier this year. There are a few people at my school that hate me and try to mess with my family's cars. Thank God I knew who did this, and I got them back. Ooh, did I ever get them back. Same people that broke my dad's windshield. . . Nothing gets me as pissed as people trying to do this. Disrespect to people's property is never funny.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Another call for 2 way paging alarm with good sensors.

When your asleep is when the trouble comes. This thing will beep I have 2 of the pagers and I put a color ring on each one so I know right away which car is being tampered with.

2 way paging? By the time you get to your door... they have driven away... pricks! that are Jealous, is all I can think off
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67camaro99 View Post
2 way paging? By the time you get to your door... they have driven away... pricks! that are Jealous, is all I can think off
Maybe.. maybe not. I have caught someone trying to steal my radio already with the pager. The eggs depends if it beeps and you can either run or jump in the car maybe you can catch the perps.

In addition the car it'self of course is gonna emit either the warning or a full alarm depending on your sensor config and brain programming.

This might be enough to get only one egg instead of a dozen they migth want to just move on.

The pager is for when your in REM and you don't hear the alarm but you will hear the beeper inside and it will show you what sensor is going off.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
camaro67
Account Suspended

Drives: marina blue 67
why not park in your garage ,how many more cars got damaged ,or were you the only one.
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
if i were u, id park it out near the street asking for something to hit it one night... and read a book while watching it ... and if someone tries to throw something at it.... then u get ready to break their face.... then he wont be commin around anymore
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #22
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Had to be locals. Car thiefs don't throw eggs that's for sure.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #23
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
catch 'em

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #24
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
That happened to me once after that i went to tiger direct and purchase a complete CCTV system and guess what, 3 weeks later they did it again and I cought them on the CCTV system it turns out it was my ex doing it.
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #25
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Geez what's with Camaros getting all this grief? Are people really that jealous? It's not like they're a million dollars or anything. Even if I were jealous of somebody else's car it would never occur to me to damage it. I love cars whether I own it or not. I don't think I'd be able to deliberately damage a car, much less a beautiful one like a new Camaro.

The only thing that can help protect against egging is a super good coat of high quality wax on the car. You might also try getting a camera sensor system that will activate and take pictures of the area if there's any motion on the car.

I really feel for you man...such a suck thing to do to somebody's new car.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #26
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Definitly kid shit, Im 19 and I had my 98 tahoe vandalized one time, found out who did it and waited for him to come home one night......... ever since that I havent had any problems with my cars but now that I have the camaro every time I hear a noise out side I still stick my head through the blinds to see whats going on.

People that vandalize other peoples property are scumbags and will never have anything good in there lives.

And it doesn't matter if you live in a million dollar neighborhood or a government appointed apartment this kind of stupid thing is going to happen.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #27
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
i'd suggest investing a some surveillance equipment.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #28
BlueMarlin
phi alpha

Drives: 2005 GMC Envoy
Someone egged my neighbors car, they have a video camera. They got an online service to do a reverse DMV search and we found out where the guy lived. Then we deflated his tires (not stripping them, just deflating). We also found out for sure it was him, he later apologized to the neighbor when he told his mom all 4 tires had gone flat on revenge.