Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
What people will do when they see something shinny.
Case in point..............................

Name:  lotr6.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  19.9 KB
Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
JChen

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT RS
I had it all planned out...

I originally tried to walk-in on Thursday morning but had to leave for work before I would have gotten to the front of the line so my plan was to get any leftovers from those who did not pick up their reserved phones this morning...

I called my local Apple Store just around 9pm last night and confirmed with them that all unspoken for reserved phones would become walk-in stock the next morning. I also confirmed that they would be actually closing at 9pm.

So I decide to go to the mall at 1:30am to wait it out. I'm the only one there and shut my eyes and fall asleep in my Camaro. At 2am, I am woken up by a tap on my window... It's a security guard checking to see why I'm there. I explain that I'm waiting for the Apple Store to open at 8am, he doesn't know that they're opening early again but we chat it up for a while. He tells me he started his shift at 9pm and the Apple Store was still selling phones to those who were in line. Roughly 10 people were still there at closing. I'm thinking that it's a good chance that more than 10 people didn't pick up their reserved phones. So I should still be in good shape for the morning. He then says, "Do you want to wait inside the mall?" Sure as hell beats sleeping in my car. He unlocks the front doors for me and tells me just to go find a couch and make myself comfortable! He also says that the mall will open at 5:30am so be sure to be in front of the Apple Store by then. Cruise control from here on out, right?

After a nice nap on a plush couch, 5:30am rolls by and I head to the Apple Store and am first in line. 30 minutes pass by and a few people have the same idea as me and start up a queue. Shorty after, an Apple employee comes to unlock the doors to the store and I ask him if there's any reserved phones that weren't picked up last night (all the walk-in stock was burned through by 4pm Thursday). He said he'd check and would be right back. The employee comes back and says "Unfortunately, we are all out." Heart. Sunk. He then goes on to say how they did stay open past 9pm and sold reserved phones to those still waiting in line. Now get this... He then says that he and a few other Apple employees purchased the reserved phones as well!!! Come on! Is that allowed??? I was a bit peeved but he did give me a Special K breakfast bar as compensation for getting screwed over.

In any event, I was placed on a new reservation list where I'd receive an email once new stock arrived and I could pick it up without waiting in line by the end of business the following day.

What chops my ass even more is that I was able to get a preorder in for my wife but not for myself on the 15th so she's been strutting around with the new iPhone since Wednesday
JChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Ill get one when they cost $20, Im no sheep that follows the useless trend herd ;0

a phone wont make you cool.

I don't even know if I'd pay $20! Just what everyone needs, something else to make them more distracted from families, jobs, and life itself. something else to deter people from enjoying the world outside their phone and actually physically communicating and talking to people or buying something in a walk-in store. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank with people that think they have to have the latest and greatest, do everything phone. Give me a phone that freakin makes calls and has voicemail, i'm good to go. Grown adults acting like 10 year olds at Christmas with these things.

yeah, like PQ said in other words, you'll be way more popular with your Camaro than your iPhone.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
pq, thats the first time ive seen your car without bonnie next to it, whats up with that man your slipping lol
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
JChen

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun1 View Post
I don't even know if I'd pay $20! Just what everyone needs, something else to make them more distracted from families, jobs, and life itself. something else to deter people from enjoying the world outside their phone and actually physically communicating and talking to people or buying something in a walk-in store. Apple is laughing all the way to the bank with people that think they have to have the latest and greatest, do everything phone. Give me a phone that freakin makes calls and has voicemail, i'm good to go. Grown adults acting like 10 year olds at Christmas with these things.

yeah, like PQ said in other words, you'll be way more popular with your Camaro than your iPhone.
Spoken like someone who's on Verizon. To each his own. I use my iPhone for work 90% of the time. Call or text my wife with it the other 10%.

However, having the new iPhone in addition to my Camaro won't make me more popular with my wife, or get me laid more often.
JChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #20
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:

I don't buy these phones to be cool, I buy them because I love technology, the design of the phone and all the features and cool apps. Just because you aren't into it doesn't mean you have to put people down for it. And I am not a grown adult, i'm 20

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net

Last edited by TaylorRyanSS; 06-25-2010 at 11:36 PM.
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #21
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:

Thats like saying "give me a car that has 4 wheels and a windshield, i'm good to go." but you're driving a camaro (top of the line, in fact).. not a ford festiva. Its not about popularity, people will always want new stuff no matter what it is.. its just a way of life.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #22
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
more power to you guys, we still share our same like for the Camaro at least!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

Old 06-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Haha so true but the iPhone is worth it

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
xxbrankxx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I'm still rocking my old 2006 RAZR phone , I'd really like to upgrade to the iPhone 4. I'm on T-Mobile and I moved and get no reception at all in my new place and my RAZR is on its last legs, I could always buy a new phone from T-Mobile but it would be pointless since I get no signal with T-Mobile. So hopefully when the iPhone 4 is more plentiful I'll switch to AT&T which actually gets good coverage in my new area.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #26
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
Well just got back from my weekend vacation and man the iPad is awesome! No I was not on it 24/7, I did enjoy myself a lot! The main reason I bought this was bcuz I'm always on the go and I'm always needing to do homework (I'm taking 3 online summer classes) and it has 3g so I really didn't want to get a contract with verizon or Att. On iPad all I do is pay for the month I need 3g the most and I'm good to go! And those of you who say "People just buy these useless gadgets just to jump on the band wagon or to look cool and impress people"...have you ever given thought that maybe some people buy things such as these to make their life easier? I could care less what anyone thinks of what I do or don't have, if it makes me happy and/or my life easier than I'm buying it! All I gotta say is that this thing is cool and if your thinking of getting it then get it...
Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
pq, thats the first time ive seen your car without bonnie next to it, whats up with that man your slipping lol
I thought about taking a pic with her on her knees and they'd BOTH be without 'wheels' lol
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Iphone 4 sucks. Better stick with the 3GS until they fix all the problems with the i4.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote