Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #15
4WDlifeform

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
Pretty cool you got one of these as a rental. I always liked them. My wife took interest in this car at an auto show a few years back. I have a picture of her sitting in an orange convertible version. Ever since then, I notice them around. Did the car feel small? I test drove a Miata once, didn't like how it felt like a go-cart. I am sure the Jag is much more refined?
Old 06-27-2019, 06:57 AM   #16
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
my old solstice felt like a go kart in all the right ways.not sure i would dare take the camaro around certain corners as fast as that solstice would.maybe deceptive feel but it was a lot smaller and lighter.interior design was horrible though.even the console required contortions.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #17
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Had business in Gilbert AZ this week, so I decided to drive this time instead of fly. Typically, if I have to be somewhere within 6hrs, I prefer driving.

Now, normally I take the Camaro everywhere I go... but at 155.5k, I'm starting to be a bit more cautious in bringing it along on these long trips for work. Thusly, I rented a vehicle from Avis out of Ontario Int'l Airport and the only car available in my class was a Jaguar F-Type V6 Supercharged. I was like, wtf? Ok... typically, I get Mustangs or Chargers... never something like a Jag.

This Car felt very much like a 6th Gen SS, as in how light it feels, the suspension, the power. The 6th gen did have a firmer suspension. I believe this Jag was the V6 Supercharged version. The car effortlessly got up to 80+ and beyond, and cruising down I10 fro and back across the AZ/CA deserts it got lots of looks. Its one of those rides you don't see every day for sure and people were respecting it, moving over as I approached... very much like in my Camaro.

In comparison with my Camaro, I did notice that the Suspension needs to be tightened up. The car did feel 'front heavy', and was sort of all over the lane - with me micro-correcting to keep it straight. My heavier Camaro, with its upgraded suspension, feels like its on rails. This car not so much.

I spent 10+ intimate hours with it and liked it for the most part. But I STILL like the Camaro more believe it or not lol. Three Things in my eyes makes my car better - even with the amount of mileage I have.

1. More Solid Suspension, as mentioned - mine's on Rails... I swear. Mine's heavier, but I feel it works for my benefit...

2. Exhaust note - weak sounding exhaust system on the F-Type.

3. Power... although very quick, after I dropped it off and got back in my Camaro (parked at the Airport), my car still felt more nimble and quicker.

Looks? Well, as you can see for yourself, its a looker... very pretty ride. Prettier than my ride? Hard to say... just a different kind of pretty, per say lol.

Not sure I would ever buy one if I could afford one. I'd probably go Vette rather than this if I had the choice. But overall, not a bad cruiser and it was definitely a fun ride.

Here's the eye candy.
Looks Awesome! Nice Ride! Glad you got to experience it.
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:20 PM   #18
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
It was an 8-speed automatic with paddle shifting, and as it cycled through the gears, as mentioned, it felt like a 6th Gen SS.

The interior was surprisingly roomy. A 6th feels much tighter. The seat was snug all in the right places... comfortable. It is a 2 seater so that I'm sure added a roomier front.

It did feel good and refined... but the suspension, again. Maybe I'm spoiled with mine... its nothing that completely turns you off, but its there and noticeable.

It had 2.6k miles on it so maybe its been driven hard.

On another cool note... just got back from Bakersfield. Took my ride and it performed beautifully.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote