Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #15
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I don't find the AFM to be annoying with the stock exhaust. However, I am considering installing Kooks headers and a magnaflow exhaust. Some folks say the AFM is really annoying with an after market exhaust.

The shop that is going to install the exhaust and headers recommended a tune that will include tuning out AFM. I asked about the warranty issue. They said some dealers are okay with doing warranty work as long as any problems that arise are not directly affected by the modded parts. He also said that if my dealer tweaked about it that I can go to another Chevy dealer that the shop frequently works with and that dealer will almost always do the work under warranty if needed. He says "the dealer knows us and our work."

I am seriously considering these mods. I got a Camaro to play with. I think I'm going to have some fun. Just my 2 cents.
Be careful out there ! GM approves payment on warranty claims, not the dealers. All warranty claims are submitted to GM for payment. Do a tune and it will always be on your specific car's computer record. Just what I was told by my service manager.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to weigh my options carefully.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #17
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to weigh my options carefully.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
I wonder what would happen if you unplugged the AFM solenoids? The PCM should know they are unplugged and disable AFM automatically and throw the check engine light. Of course, if it can't tell, then you will probably burn a hole in a piston. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

_Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote