Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
So how does it work?
How does one attain the god like status of a C5 mod?

Is it a certain number of posts?
Not really
is it a certain level of expertise?
In a way
Do I have to challenge a mod to single combat and then chop off his head Highlander style and then the Quickening imbues me with his mod power?
We considered that, but our legal department couldn't find a way to legitimize it. Also, the moderator that was to accept each Challenge was Camarospike23 ... and so we would never get another new mod
Or do I have to bring said head to the next super secret mod meeting?
The instructions would have been provided at the time & place of the Challenge.
Does anyone know the best way to store a head so it wont stink or leak blood everywhere?
Again, the instructions would have been provided at the time & place of the Challenge.
We only look for new mods when we start to feel overburdened, and that is not the case right now. There are a number of qualities that we look for in mods. How have they helped the site/membership, how do they conduct themselves, are they knowledgeable (or at least smart enough to not talk out of their ass all the time), how often are they on the site, what (if any) infractions do they have, and a few other things. Modship isn't given out as a reward, or to cover specific topics (although we all have areas that we tend to hang out in). All in all, we want good people that we can count on to keep the site running well.

Also, bribery can help. Its the only form of pay that we get for moderating. But here's the catch: if you don't give each of us enough or give far too much (the 'bracket' is subject to the discretion of each individual moderator and never written down or shared) you will be black listed and every post you make will be scrutinized until we have a justifiable means to ban you permanently. Thus far, to the best of my knowledge, nobody has successfully bribed their way onto the Camaro5 staff. But we encourage people to keep trying (like I said, its the only form of pay that we get on this site).

Plus, it really helps if the member knows where a topic belongs. Such as putting a site related thread in the Site Related subforum ...

thread moved
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 11-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
[QUOTE=
edit: and I don't think post count matters, as I think i'm top 2 in post count on this whole forum. [/QUOTE]

With my rough, elementary math skills, you are averaging just over 32 posts a day, every day for over 4.5 years !!

I don't even know how to comprehend that statistic
Old 11-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
So how does it work?
How does one attain the god like status of a C5 mod?

Is it a certain number of posts?
is it a certain level of expertise?
Do I have to challenge a mod to single combat and then chop off his head Highlander style and then the Quickening imbues me with his mod power?
Or do I have to bring said head to the next super secret mod meeting?

Does anyone know the best way to store a head so it wont stink or leak blood everywhere?
YES!!! FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 11-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We only look for new mods when we start to feel overburdened, and that is not the case right now. There are a number of qualities that we look for in mods. How have they helped the site/membership, how do they conduct themselves, are they knowledgeable (or at least smart enough to not talk out of their ass all the time), how often are they on the site, what (if any) infractions do they have, and a few other things. Modship isn't given out as a reward, or to cover specific topics (although we all have areas that we tend to hang out in). All in all, we want good people that we can count on to keep the site running well.

Also, bribery can help. Its the only form of pay that we get for moderating. But here's the catch: if you don't give each of us enough or give far too much (the 'bracket' is subject to the discretion of each individual moderator and never written down or shared) you will be black listed and every post you make will be scrutinized until we have a justifiable means to ban you permanently. Thus far, to the best of my knowledge, nobody has successfully bribed their way onto the Camaro5 staff. But we encourage people to keep trying (like I said, its the only form of pay that we get on this site).

Plus, it really helps if them member knows where a topic belongs. Such as putting a site related thread in the Site Related subforum ...

thread moved

So, what if one of the mods was suddenly killed in a sword fight? That would result in an overburden right?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
There can be only one.
Meet me at the playground at midnight, bring your own sword, and the pink slip for your Camaro
I'll be there. Also, my sword is a rental, so we will need to wrap things up by 9am or I am charged a late fee. I am not allowed to turn in receipts for sword rental, hot dogs, or snow boots.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #20
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I'll be there. Also, my sword is a rental, so we will need to wrap things up by 9am or I am charged a late fee. I am not allowed to turn in receipts for sword rental, hot dogs, or snow boots.

Hrpiii, you don't need to worry about the late fee...
Just make sure you have made your peace with God/Allah/Budda/Jevova/Xenu...
Old 11-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #21
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Plus, it really helps if them member knows where a topic belongs. Such as putting a site related thread in the Site Related subforum ...

thread moved
Thats classic, wants to be a mod but post new thread in wrong Subforum. Thats not a good job application.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #22
Spartan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Thats classic, wants to be a mod but post new thread in wrong Subforum. Thats not a good job application.
Unless I did it on purpose so that I could show the mods that I could move it to the proper forum once critical mass had built up.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #23
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Unless I did it on purpose so that I could show the mods that I could move it to the proper forum once critical mass had built up.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #24
The Circle
If you have to ask ......

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
You have to take me on, and win.
No way sir..

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
First you have to be in "The Circle"
The Circle takes all applicants under review each fest at 3am Saturday morning in the parking lot. Attendance is mandatory

Has the OP been to a fest?
Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #25
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Hell No!
I am at work, so it is the perfect time to be drinking
Old 11-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #26
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
My sword also has a taste for blood! Let's Rock!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #27
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Hrpiii, you don't need to worry about the late fee...
Just make sure you have made your peace with God/Allah/Budda/Jevova/Xenu...
I usually don't have time for that, too much time spent training...
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Circle View Post
No way sir..

The Circle takes all applicants under review each fest at 3am Saturday morning in the parking lot. Attendance is mandatory

Has the OP been to a fest?
I have been in Attendance at 3am on Fest days. And upright, I think, I was in my mind anyway.

Closed Thread