Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #15
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
At least you were there, she would have just dealt with the ding on her door and you would be stuck with the bill. $100? Really? That's cool.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #16
Silver ice SS

Drives: Silver ice Metallic 2SS/RS
This happened to me yesterday. I'm all the way out in no mans land in the parking lot at kmart, and a lady and her kid park directly next to me!!! They then get kit and stare at the car the entire time they ate walking towards the store. SMH.
Silver ice SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
calinkaos
Army EOD Vet

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS blk/blk/blk
Mind you the dent didnt scratch the paint. AMAZINGLY! it would of been 353.50 for a paint scratch and dent to be fixed. and that is fairly cheap as well but that would be a different service all together.

CC I wrote down the instrustions you just gave. Thanks! haha. I am not sure about using the cart holders as a island tho... it sounds like a place where loose carts would go wild. I am still thinking about investing in some road cones and just surrounding my car in parking lots.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Complete idiots everywhere in DC Metro. I can't fathom how the area with the highest IQ per to population has so many effing morons!
I agree with you 100% ! .... I dont get mad that easy, but these idiots make you wanna drink when you get home after rush hour or just even coming out of a shopping center .... sheesh
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinkaos View Post
Mind you the dent didnt scratch the paint. AMAZINGLY! it would of been 353.50 for a paint scratch and dent to be fixed. and that is fairly cheap as well but that would be a different service all together.

CC I wrote down the instrustions you just gave. Thanks! haha. I am not sure about using the cart holders as a island tho... it sounds like a place where loose carts would go wild. I am still thinking about investing in some road cones and just surrounding my car in parking lots.
LOL, cart corral is usually my last option. You got to remember I said...Sometimes. Each time I pull into walmart you have to think, where can I park to get the LEAST bit of attention. You have to play it how you see it. If you recognize that the cart corral is pretty much isolated, and most people are not putting there carts away. Then I go ahead and park there. Usually when I come out after 30 minutes to an hour, there is only two carts added to the thing. And you know the two people that actually put their cart in the cart corral usually take care of their vehicles.

Now, on a side note. if everybody is putting their carts in that corral, then you need to maximize your distance from it. If it is during peak shopping hours, and the kids are not in school, park as far away from a cart corral as possible! Parents often let their kids take the cart to the corral, and kids want to see how far away they can hit that corral without touching it. . . and they always miss

If it is late at night, it's a toss-up. I usually have better luck late at night around 10 or 11. But that is my particular wal mart. Yours maybe different. Pay attention to your surroundings

This is just my system, it has worked for me for 8 years since I got my first dent at walmart (the cart on the hill) And I go to wal mart all the fricken time, I'm not proud of it but i do.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #20
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Now, on a side note. if everybody is putting their carts in that corral, then you need to maximize your distance from it. If it is during peak shopping hours, and the kids are not in school, park as far away from a cart corral as possible! Parents often let their kids take the cart to the corral, and kids want to see how far away they can hit that corral without touching it. . . and they always miss
Well I agree with you because I admit ...when i was younger I used to do the same thing .... but this was in the days when cars were made of steel (chevelles, novas, malibus, LTD's etc etc) ...and I say i was like 55% at the stripe LOL.....

But I know one shopping center has the cart corral and one spot and then the island..... if its free im in there. Yes I learned the same lesson with my 2004 Acura.... it was 2 months old and it felt the wrath of a run away cart due to high winds on a down hill parked far away @ Wal-Mart
Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
calinkaos
Army EOD Vet

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS blk/blk/blk
I am thinking of just hiring an team of armed guards to stand around my vehicle at shopping centers to stop all idiots from coming within 100 feet.
Now tell me what you think about it....this is my buddies system for parking and he has a vette. He parks next to other people with nice cars. his reasoning...they know that its important to be careful while opening car doors because they dont wanna mess up theirs. My issue is that once you start getting nice cars next to each other its inevitable that a teenager driving a tiburon or a civic is gonna pull up and park right next to you doors swinging.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
hire chuck norris to watch, and stand guard at all times.
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by calinkaos View Post
I am thinking of just hiring an team of armed guards to stand around my vehicle at shopping centers to stop all idiots from coming within 100 feet.
Now tell me what you think about it....this is my buddies system for parking and he has a vette. He parks next to other people with nice cars. his reasoning...they know that its important to be careful while opening car doors because they dont wanna mess up theirs. My issue is that once you start getting nice cars next to each other its inevitable that a teenager driving a tiburon or a civic is gonna pull up and park right next to you doors swinging.
IMO, people with nice cars are 50/50. Either one, they have a nice car because they have more money than sense, and don't really care. OR they have a nice car, they worked their butt off for it, and will be just like you. They will take care of thier car, and yours.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker1232 View Post

You don't hire Chuck Norris he hires you!
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Well I agree with you because I admit ...when i was younger I used to do the same thing .... but this was in the days when cars were made of steel (chevelles, novas, malibus, LTD's etc etc) ...and I say i was like 55% at the stripe LOL.....

But I know one shopping center has the cart corral and one spot and then the island..... if its free im in there. Yes I learned the same lesson with my 2004 Acura.... it was 2 months old and it felt the wrath of a run away cart due to high winds on a down hill parked far away @ Wal-Mart
Yeah, so you know what I'm talking about. Parent makes their kid stand within 5 feet of them for the duration of time in the store at walmart, but by golly when they get to the parking lot and see that cart corral two isles over, all of the sudden the kid is the one with the cart and the parent is jumping into the car. Seen this several times. Some people I just don't understand

Kid sees distance, computes it, gives the junk shopping cart a big ol'e shove expecting it to go in a straight line, and....it doesn't!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #26
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
No no no no no! Don't take up two spots! You will get twice the crap for doing that!
Agree. Taking two spots is a d*ck move no matter what. You take two spots and you're just giving people a reason to mess w/ your baby.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
f/n moron..could've at least been careful w/ her door..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #28
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoker1232 View Post
Chuck Norris sleeps with a pillow under his gun.