Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #15
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
That's why I always use Credit Cards, f checks!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #16
steviefranchize

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinergy View Post
Go to local library. Check out "Sarcasm for Dummies". Don't forget to return it when done reading.
really? yeah your mom told me it was a good read ......sorry guy, i just didnt think being sarcastic about something like this is really appropriate, i mean seriously it sucks that this dude is out a grand,thats almost like losing the rs package money.......
steviefranchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
yeah call GM. The thing about somebody closing is they might have protection from all debts and agreements. Although they could get in trouble for a bad check which for writing a bad check would net you maybe 20 bucks or whatever your state law.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #18
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
What dealer?

Sorry that sucks. :( It's not right.

With Chaper 11 protection your screwed.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
:paddle :: paddle::pa ddle::m ad0233:
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #20
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
As I stated months ago, I personally would be much more concerned about a dealer going out of business and losing my deposit than GM's bankruptcy. With the check you have a claim against the dealer which is probably a corporation that will file bankruptcy leaving you with nothing. This really sucks.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Since they wrote you a check, they INTENDED to pay you the money. In Texas, if we write a check to someone for services and it bounces, that's theft by check. This, IMO, is very much the same. You paid for a service. That service was not granted. They either owe you the money or the service....regardless of closing. Let me put it this way.

How about I go out and buy EVERYTHING I've EVER wanted. I'll just buy it all...cars, house, furniture, etc....and then say, "SORRY! I'm BANKRUPT!!!" Do I get to keep it all? Um...no. Or, how about I take money from everyone here for a membership....how about we make it a yearly membership and you pay 100 each...and then I close the site tomorrow? Theft....

Go get your money back. That is YOUR money.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #22
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I'd file a small calims case agains the "owner" of the dealership, or at the very least speak to your local Police Department.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #23
songsj

[QUOTESince they wrote you a check, they INTENDED to pay you the money. In Texas, if we write a check to someone for services and it bounces, that's theft by check. This, IMO, is very much the same. You paid for a service. That service was not granted. They either owe you the money or the service....regardless of closing. Let me put it this way.

How about I go out and buy EVERYTHING I've EVER wanted. I'll just buy it all...cars, house, furniture, etc....and then say, "SORRY! I'm BANKRUPT!!!" Do I get to keep it all? Um...no. Or, how about I take money from everyone here for a membership....how about we make it a yearly membership and you pay 100 each...and then I close the site tomorrow? Theft....

Go get your money back. That is YOUR money.
][/QUOTE]

Where is he supposed to go, the dealer is closed. Much of what you are saying is true however in most cases with businesses they are incorporated so you have to sue the corporation not an individual and the Corp is usually broke with their liabilities far exceeding their assets. Once and awhile a business will close for other reasons and not be bankrupt and will be kind enough to settle their debts. When that happens they often post a phone number to call on the door of the business. Hope for the best but this doesn't look good to me.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #24
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Oh yeah, you def. have a class action good friend. Sue 'em for just enough money to the point where you will be able to pay for a whole new Camaro. The fact that you should even have to go the route of having to retrieve your money with any more effort than just depositing the check is call for a LAWSUIT. All your pain and suffering that was caused because of this will get you compensated for sure. You could have ordered another car by now or purchased a new vehicle, $1,000 is alot of money these days, NO JOKE. It's your money you shouldn't have to struggle to get it back. To make things short you are going to and should get way more than your thousand dollars for this unreasonable bullsh*t... GOOD LUCK, and what state do you live in?

P.S. contact local news station, they may want to make a story out of this and help you get your word out not only to the closed dealership owner, but GM headqaurters, they need a little shaking to wake them up so everyone can get their precious Camaros already
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #25
songsj

[QUOTE][/Oh yeah, you def. have a class action good friend. Sue 'em for just enough money to the point where you will be able to pay for a whole new Camaro. The fact that you should even have to go the route of having to retrieve your money with any more effort than just depositing the check is call for a LAWSUIT. All your pain and suffering that was caused because of this will get you compensated for sure. You could have ordered another car by now or purchased a new vehicle, $1,000 is alot of money these days, NO JOKE. It's your money you shouldn't have to struggle to get it back. To make things short you are going to and should get way more than your thousand dollars for this unreasonable bullsh*t... GOOD LUCK, and what state do you live in?
QUOTE]

Class action?? You need several plaintiffs for a class action suit. And in order to get any money, there has to be some money or assets to attach. I would call my local police department and tell them you were written a 1000.00 bad check. Could be a felony in your state if an individual wrote it, however I'm not sure how they will handle a company or corporate check. They may be able to scare the company into paying you if they have any money left.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #26
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I used to be a manager for Massio's bakery in Dallas and they started paying me on a Thursday and then Friday and then Saturday. Then one pay period that started to give me $200 here and $200 there and they still owe me. I don't know how your situation will pan out but they still owe me and it's been almost 12 years now.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #27
brkln1807

Drives: none, yet >:(
well, do you know his name? i say find where he lives and take $1,000 worth of his stuff. srsly tho maybe if you know his name you can track everything down easier?? i really have no clue, i'm a crim justice major but not a lawyer.
brkln1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #28
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Ok, there's alot of suggestions on this thread, you need to pull the useful suggestions out and disregard the rest.

Good suggestion: Find out who the owner of the dealership is. You can do this through the Better Business Bureau or even sometimes Google. This is important. I guarantee you this guy isnt broke! You dont get to own a dealership by being bad a business, he closed his dealer before it became too unprofitable.

Good suggestion: Lawsuit. The fact they wrote you a bad check is AGAINST THE LAW. No matter what state you're in. Here's the Bad Check Laws in New Jersey... link http://www.consumerbadcreditguide.co...newjersey.html

Below are the civil and criminal penalties for writing a bad check in New Jersey.

Civil Penalties: Face amount of the check, attorney fees, court costs, costs of mailing a demand for payment, and damages in an amount equal to $100.00 or triple the amount of the check, whichever is greater, but not to exceed $500.00.

Criminal Penalties: Up to $1,000 fine or up to one year in jail or both.

For more information on bad check laws and for criminal and civil penalties in other states for writing bad checks, please read Bad Check Laws

Long story short. Find out the name of the owner, find him, get an attorney and serve him with papers. Go to the police and file a complaint as well, with his name, a copy of the check and a statement from your bank stating that it bounced. You have alot of legal rights in this case, dont let up.

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote