Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #15
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Why not? Sure your credit probably took a hit when you got it but as long as you've made 100% on time payments on all your lines of credit and haven't take on too much more debt since then your credit score is probably back to normal if not higher in three years. I'm relatively young at 24 and mine took a hit when I bought my SS last summer but it is already back to where it was. You should be good to go.
I definitely believe some of the LLTs are probably solid. I think they need to be broken in very hard right after they are dropped into the car. I drove my soft when I bought it new with 23 miles and when I had my engine rebuilt the dealer test drove it soft for 15-20 miles and I drove it soft for another 100.
This may be it, break in is crucial. I ran mine the first day 4 1/2 hrs to temper the block. Up and down the highway on Rt 9 in CT.
Big mountains that loaded up the engine under pressure.
Also these LLT's are made in a couple of locations, mine is Canadian built.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Why not? Sure your credit probably took a hit when you got it but as long as you've made 100% on time payments on all your lines of credit and haven't take on too much more debt since then your credit score is probably back to normal if not higher in three years. I'm relatively young at 24 and mine took a hit when I bought my SS last summer but it is already back to where it was. You should be good to go.
I definitely believe some of the LLTs are probably solid. I think they need to be broken in very hard right after they are dropped into the car. I drove my soft when I bought it new with 23 miles and when I had my engine rebuilt the dealer test drove it soft for 15-20 miles and I drove it soft for another 100.
Well, according to his original post his credit went down due to do uncontrollable circumstances... so i'm guessing it' more than just the slight drop from buy the car...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Well, according to his original post his credit went down due to do uncontrollable circumstances... so i'm guessing it' more than just the slight drop from buy the car...
This exactly, I owned a house in Washington I rented out when I moved to Vegas, renters paid late, not in full, or not at all. Same time my hours got cut. Needless to say I lost the house and my credit. Just a couple months after it started happening I looked at trading for a 4 door car, and lower payment, and it was already too bad. Let alone now after the bank dragged me along for 2.5years, not letting me short sale, I can imagine how great my score is now lol
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #18
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
I had the same thng with the FIRST engine in my '11. I broke it in according to GM specs. Changed the oil at 1500 miles, and was down 2 quarts. Went another 5000, lost 3 quarts. All within "GM Spec". Finally loast all 6 quarts in about 1000 miles.
Replacement engine...lost 1/8th of a quart in 5000 miles. So I would say it's definitly engine specific.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #19
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
These discussions always make me so anxious. I am so lucky thus far that Ruby has never lost a bit of oil. (knock on wood) How can you tell where your engine was built? It would be interesting to know if more of the problem engines are from one build site more than the other.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
To the OP,

Like was stated above, nobody here can really be your saving grace, although we can and will provide advice for you.

If I were you, and risking an engine failure I believe I'd start to get in contact with a dealer you trust, and make you situation known. Let them do another oil consumption test on the car if you have to, and don't be afraid to let them know your situation, and your concerns. Get this problem on their radar, so that if your car blows next month, or next year at least you can go back to the dealer and have solid evidence on your side that you tried your best to take care of the car. I've heard of GM going "good faith" repairs even after the warranty expires, paying for at least part of the repair.

Using 3 quarts in 5,000 miles seems plain crazy to me, but sadly we've seen it before on these forums.

My car is basically a garage queen and I do try to maintain it well, but it only has just over 15,000 miles on it since I bought it in August 2009. My powertrain warranty is pretty much over, but *knock on wood* I have never seen any evidence of my car losing oil. I've never had to add oil...it was always well within spec. I hope that means I got a good one lol....whatever that is. My breakin was basically a by the book brake in...not pushing much over 4,000 - 5,000 rpm for the first 1,500 miles, and then I went straight to synthetic oil.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #21
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
If the V-6 doesn't lose oil, what is the catch can catching???
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #22
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
It's been known for some time than SOME v6 engines use oil. And when I say use, I mean it gets pulled into the intake. Without gas being introduce to the intake (v6 are direct injection) the oil gets burned onto the valves, causing loss of power and sticking valves.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #23
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Go back to the dealer again and make sure its in their computer also send them an email so you have a record and make sure you get a response back. And it wont hurt to tell your story to GM customer service so you have it on record. Also consider getting an extended warranty that you pay for monthly just before your warranty runs out. Usually when your warranty is about to run out warranty companies will start sending you info regarding purchasing there products.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #24
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Well I plan on getting my oil changed at the dealership somewhat soon, and starting another consumption test, although I don't have any hope of anything coming of it, just good to leave evidence of my situation in case anything happens down the road. Funny how GM recalls our key fob for an almost non existent problem, but doesn't do anything for a known issue in almost all 3.6L they've made.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote