Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #15
Bull

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/IBM/Beige
Produce as many Camaro's that have been produced, with as many moving parts as it has, and the small amount of issues that have been posted...I think the folks building the Camaro's have done a great job. If there were issues with all the vehicles, that would be a problem, like the battery cable, but GM fixed the issue no matter how painful the wait was. If they would have delivered 3K cars and they all crapped out 'cause of the cable, the forum would have went ballistic. I think the minor issues that have been mentioned can be fixed with a quick (hopefully) trip to the dealer. The price you pay for being the center of attention.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
less than 3 months into production and if the problems that have been mentioned on this forum so far are indications of the magnitude of the problems with the car, I say NOT BAD AT ALL! and I'm not worried.
Again, < 3 months into production and every issue that has been raised I am astounded how quickly and thoroughly the engineers and dealerships have addressed and tried to resolve them. Something other manufacturers dick around saying, its supposed to be like that....
Yea, I know there were a lot of QC cars in the beginning, BUT they delayed shipping them to get them built right, and yea I wasn't one of them. The question about flaws or workmanship? I'd say the few "teething pains" are being fixed pronto.
I'd have no hesitation recommending the car and its quality to anyone.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Agreed! I don't think that any of us that preordered or ordered were expecting a perfect car. IT'S A FIRST YEAR MODEL! There will be issues, but as KJS stated,"the problems that have been mentioned on this forum so far are indications of the magnitude of the problems with the car, I say NOT BAD AT ALL! and I'm not worried." I had and still have faith in this car and the people that build them and will stand behind them.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #18
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAYORK View Post
No panic! Not the point of the thread. Guess I've just had a drink or two and voiced a concern. Not trying to start a pandemic of negativity. The only reason I brought it up was that multiple people have had similar issues from the original posters of the threads I mentioned. Some of which I find just shitty fit and finish. I just don't want to buy a car and have tons of isssues. I'm just looking for reassurance that the car is well built and will last to 150k miles with minimal issues.
Don’t get me wrong not blaming you for a "panic de jour"

You have every right to feel the way you do and ask the questions you need answers to, that's what we are here for. It's your hard earned cash you are putting down... But I'll tell you from my own experience with my 5th Gen, you are going to love this car if you purchase one.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
To understand just how good this car is being made. You have to travel to the future.

Can you smell it? Smells new... starts right up.. like a rock. The heartbeat of America.

That's todays Chevrolet Camaro.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #20
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Okay, before you all find me and throw bricks through my window, I have my Camaro on order and am NOT canceling my order.

I've been on here, reading several threads on this forum about issues and I'm just wondering, are these just first run issues, or poor workmanship. Leaky fuel lines, rocker panels not lining up, a pillar trim coming off, battery cable (yes, I know there's a recall), instrument clusters, computer controllers, vibrations at 1500 rpm, cars not starting up again. These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ that HAS fist run issues like fender bulges and inner fender apron cracking and some minor stuff, but the fit and finish was never an issue, a few minor mechanical things. I'm just curious if this is really a first run issue on the Camaro or if things are falling between the cracks (so to speak).

I'm sure some of you will call me names and bash my patriotism, but I am planning on selling my FJ and buying a Camaro, I'd just like one person to be kind and say that these issues are on a small sample. I don't want to spend this kind of money on a car I really love and want only for it to fit into that well known stigma of American cars. I have no issues with American vs. Japanese and believe that the Camaro is a great car for its purpose; I just don’t want to be scared to take it on a road trip because it might not start again.
how far are u away from getting your car?
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #21
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I've said it many times already. There are thousands of Camaros on the road. The problems you list are the one offs a few of the members have reported.

Check JD Power. The average high quality vehicle will have approximately 1 problem. The industry average was, if I remember correctly, 110 or so PPH, Problems Per Hundred which is 1.1 problems per vehicle.

I know the guys in Oshawas are busting their butts to produce a great car.

I know the engineers are working tirelessly to fix all the problems that are found.

So please lets not get carried away. It is unfortunate that any Camaro buyer has even one issue. The goal is 0.

Every time someone posts a concern with their car, DOES NOT MEAN that it is a problem with every car.

It's not workmanship, it's not design. It's just hard to build perfect cars even though that is what Oshawa is doing there very best to do.

So for you to list all the thread titles as if they are systemic problems with the Camaro is a bit.......ummmmmmmmmmmm.........over reaching.

And it has nothing to do with your patriotism. I gave up on the hope that the American people gave a crap about that long ago. We don't care where our TVs or Cell Phones or even furniture are made why would we care where our cars are made. You are just like everyone else. The American way is to have choice and buy cheap without more thought than that. We no longer care about where we only care about how much.

So GM is giving you great outstanding products of which the Cmaro is just one.

From your description, though, it seems as if your FJ had as many problems as all of the Camaros combined.
LOVE my Camaro and kudos to all the designers, engineers, builders, etc...you guys at Oshawa ROCK MY WORLD!!!...i've said it before on other threads, but i'll say it again, in case anyone missed it...you guys at Oshawa are building our cars as if they are your own and for that, we Camaro buyers are truly grateful for all the time and effort that went into building our "dream cars" as safely and efficiently and timely as humanly possible...
THANK YOU!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #22
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
To understand just how good this car is being made. You have to travel to the future.

Can you smell it? Smells new... starts right up.. like a rock. The heartbeat of America.

That's todays Chevrolet Camaro.
...you are a Camaro commercial!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #23
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Okay, before you all find me and throw bricks through my window, I have my Camaro on order and am NOT canceling my order.

I've been on here, reading several threads on this forum about issues and I'm just wondering, are these just first run issues, or poor workmanship. Leaky fuel lines, rocker panels not lining up, a pillar trim coming off, battery cable (yes, I know there's a recall), instrument clusters, computer controllers, vibrations at 1500 rpm, cars not starting up again. These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ that HAS fist run issues like fender bulges and inner fender apron cracking and some minor stuff, but the fit and finish was never an issue, a few minor mechanical things. I'm just curious if this is really a first run issue on the Camaro or if things are falling between the cracks (so to speak).

I'm sure some of you will call me names and bash my patriotism, but I am planning on selling my FJ and buying a Camaro, I'd just like one person to be kind and say that these issues are on a small sample. I don't want to spend this kind of money on a car I really love and want only for it to fit into that well known stigma of American cars. I have no issues with American vs. Japanese and believe that the Camaro is a great car for its purpose; I just don’t want to be scared to take it on a road trip because it might not start again.
First the fj is a true off road vec. i dont see how you could mess up the F&F on a car thats made so you can hose down the interior. But i see your point and i think GM is doing the best they can so stuff like that doesnt happen!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #24
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
...you are a Camaro commercial!...
Well might be better to say I could write the Camaro commercial.

I would have one of each color that's 4 sure.

Sorry silver... your fired...

Old silver has hogged 2 commercials now. Time for some ABM, IOM, RJT etc. etc...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 AM   #25
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
less than 3 months into production and if the problems that have been mentioned on this forum so far are indications of the magnitude of the problems with the car, I say NOT BAD AT ALL! and I'm not worried.
Again, < 3 months into production and every issue that has been raised I am astounded how quickly and thoroughly the engineers and dealerships have addressed and tried to resolve them. Something other manufacturers dick around saying, its supposed to be like that....
Yea, I know there were a lot of QC cars in the beginning, BUT they delayed shipping them to get them built right, and yea I wasn't one of them. The question about flaws or workmanship? I'd say the few "teething pains" are being fixed pronto.
I'd have no hesitation recommending the car and its quality to anyone.

I'm very impressed with the way all the issues that have popped up have been taken care of so quickly by GM and the dealers. It goes to show you that they are serious about getting it done right. Now I know there will be a few things that will get by the quality control people, but when it's discovered, the way it's handled tells alot about the dealer and the car company you are dealing with. So far, mine has been a good experience and I hope it continues once I have my car!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #26
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
"Early Adopters"----

Are usually quality control-this is expected in any "new" model

JK Wranglers 2007 leaky tops,transmission problems,electrical problems

FJ Cruisers-go to first post

XBOX 360's-red rings of death

That's sometimes the price you pay when you want to be first but it helps with the next year models,they know what they need to pay attention for the 2011.....
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #27
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
So far no problems with my Camaro. My 2007 FJ had a paint problem. Paint was peeling off the front bumper. They repainted and now it's fine.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #28
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg660 View Post
how far are u away from getting your car?
I wish I knew, I go to the dealer every week to see if my order has even been picked up at the plant. Hopefully today that will be the case. My small town dealership has been having pretty good luck with orders being delivered 6-7 weeks after they're picked up. I hope and pray that mine will be here by the beginning of August.

So, whether this car has problems or not, I'm still buying it.
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote