Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #15
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Mine makes 487/422 to the rear with a pretty stealthy cam. I dd mine and will talk mess on V6's. That being said I dont really have much to say (performance wise) that is pretty positive.

However a tt V6 auto with some decent rubber in the back and suspension mods will probably let me see their tail lights honestly. I have heard of some tt (not sure of brands) V6's putting down some ass whoopins so I would not be so quick to say a cammed/bolt on ss will kill one.

I've never ran one (would like to for shits and grins) but my belief is it would take the win.

Last edited by mariojmoe; 10-11-2014 at 01:21 PM.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
Cammed V8 will take this one, theres a guy locally with a V6 and the STS TT kit and I slowly walked away from him on motor on spray he didnt even stand a chance. I know its not the IPF Kit but he put down around 440WHP.
The STS kit is a single turbo. Its known for being a crap system, and has never put down the dyno numbers close to what an IPS LFX V6 does. So I don't think that is a good comparison.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:07 AM   #17
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
^^^ I second that ips is probably the best full bolt on and go kit you can get for our v6
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozz1LE View Post
Cammed V8 will take this one, theres a guy locally with a V6 and the STS TT kit and I slowly walked away from him on motor on spray he didnt even stand a chance. I know its not the IPF Kit but he put down around 440WHP.
This post pretty much tells the entire story. If you slowly got away from a single turbo V6 on motor then a twin turbo V6 will not have much difficulty getting away, especially with that low end power.

(Also on topic, I recently saw a 330whp TTV6 Camaro video on youtube... very scary.
)
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
This post pretty much tells the entire story. If you slowly got away from a single turbo V6 on motor then a twin turbo V6 will not have much difficulty getting away, especially with that low end power.

(Also on topic, I recently saw a 330whp TTV6 Camaro video on youtube... very scary.
)
That video doesn't seem to show power figures from what I saw.

The IPS kit typically produces somewhere around 420 - 450 rwhp and rwtq.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #20
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote