Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Mine dose this. Took it to the dealer and it was way out of toe, they fixed it but it still pulled to the right, they said to give it some time to loosen up. So at 3500 miles I took it back they realined it again and agreed that it did pull to the left but there was nothing else they could do, So I live with it, Going down the freeway I Have to constently aply pressuer turning the stearing wheel to the left.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Sorry to post in a wee bit old thread.. but mine drifts to the right and has a minor vibration.. but i'm about 98% sure its just due to my tires being a bit shaved from doing a couple autocross events :(

I'll see how it is when I get new rubber put on this winter
Old 11-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Sorry to post in a wee bit old thread.. but mine drifts to the right and has a minor vibration.. but i'm about 98% sure its just due to my tires being a bit shaved from doing a couple autocross events :(

I'll see how it is when I get new rubber put on this winter
Where is the vibration. Is it in the seat, or the steering wheel. Check and make sure you haven't lost a wheel weight.

Due to the width of the wheels, you will usually have an inner and outer set of weights. They are taped on and can come off... You probably know this but just offering suggestions.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #18
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Where is the vibration. Is it in the seat, or the steering wheel. Check and make sure you haven't lost a wheel weight.

Due to the width of the wheels, you will usually have an inner and outer set of weights. They are taped on and can come off... You probably know this but just offering suggestions.
Vibration is in the Steering wheel only. I'll have to check the weights next time the wheels are off but im pretty sure its just due to mildly uneven wear on the tires from 3 autocross events.

I'll keep updated soon as i get new rubber end of next month, Dealership said they would do a free alignment since it is under 5,000 miles.
ps, only 3,700 miles
Old 11-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Vibration is in the Steering wheel only. I'll have to check the weights next time the wheels are off but im pretty sure its just due to mildly uneven wear on the tires from 3 autocross events.

I'll keep updated soon as i get new rubber end of next month, Dealership said they would do a free alignment since it is under 5,000 miles.
ps, only 3,700 miles
Cool deal.... My dealer did an amazing alignment... 4 wheel and it's perfect....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote