Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
DavidCigam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS A6
I'm 18, my 1LT/RS is my 3rd car and I've been driving for 2 years, I haven't had any major accidents with any of my cars, I ran the side of my truck into a gas station pole because it wasn't visible to me when I was leaving the gas station, and some dude backed into my Sunfire, but other than that accident free *Knock on wood*.

I've only had my Camaro for two weeks so no accidents so far(even though I almost got in one a few days ago, my dumbass thought I was in the middle lane at a red light on an intersection when I was in the far left lane, so when I took off I was accidentally cutting a guy off by merging to the middle lane, luckily he was paying attention honked and braked and I went back to my original lane, I apologized at the next stop light about it and he seemed not as pissed as when he was driving by me, but that near accident on my part made me pissed at myself that night.)

But other than that no scratches or anything (Yet it seems a cat keeps getting on my Camaro, I wish I had a garage.) My rally yellow Camaro though seems to attract more insects than I would like, and when they sit on my Camaro they leave brown spots all over it that I'll have to claybar out.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #16
RobRiot88

Drives: 2010 SS 6m, black on black.
i just turned 22. ive had the car since april 2010. haha so ive curbed the rims (streets around here suck and theres only parallel parking most places) and i had a cop scuff my rim and scratch my car. ive scratched the bottom of the front lip from driving here and in atlanta. had a little branch fall and scratch my trunk. lol my car has seen hell. but i touch up and buff out most of these so nobody can notice but me. i race the car all the time so i kno its life is short lived but thats why i bought it. i bought it to go fast and do its job. its looks are a bonus. ive always loved camaros and mines not a garage queen. my car does work.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
Ill be 23 in another 2 months. But Ive had my Camaro for about 5 months. I am extremely careful when driving my baby. Yea, I like to goose it once in a while when no one is around, but I feel like I am a pretty responsible driver. Ive seen first had what stupid young people do in high horsepower vehicles.

I always park far away, I dont mind the walk. The only dings/scratches I have is a tiny one on my front right fender prolly from a rock. And also one time i hit my fuel door with the gas nozzle. That put a nice "Z" shaped scratch on the fuel door. Its not that bad though. Luckily I still live with my parents, so my Camaro gets a nice warm garage every night. So I keep it fairly clean. It gets a nice wax every few weeks.

My driving record is far from spectacular, but its not terrible. When I was 16 I got 2 speeding tickets (about 10 months apart) in my Dads Dodge Durango with a Hemi (dont have it anymore). I then learned to cool it when driving. Since then I have only had a few mishaps. One ticket for "illegal screeching of tires" in my pickup truck, and one speeding ticket for going 72 in a 65 on the highway. All were cleared up by taking the drivers safety course or whatever.

I traded my pickup truck of 7 years in for this Camaro, put down 7k that I had saved over the years. And I make the payments, pay for the gas, and pay for the insurance (about 75 bucks a month), and whatever else is associated with the car. I was working for a communications tower construction company for the past 4 months, but decided I wanted to go into a different career path. Just got offered a job at Canon USA here in Chicago. So I'm back on track again!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #18
Shadowshawn

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Im 17 and I got my camaro used last June with only 800 miles on it. It'll be 7 months next week and it has just over 1600 miles on her. The worst damage Ive done to her is water spots from the rain. I managed to get over visibility problems by adjusting my mirrors so I barely notice it. Despite all the stereotypes about teens in camaros Im a very responsible driver and haven't had a single accident ye (knock on wood)
Old 10-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
16, no dings dents or tickets
Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperH View Post
I consider myself young at 26. I waited until after 25 to buy a pony car; insurance being a reason.

I have a SG 2SS/RS with M6/LS3. It costs just over $1000 a year to insure. My 2004 GMC Canyon Crew Z71 is running me $840/year. I got it new as well.
If you don't mind me asking, what insurance co. are you with? I need to get in on that....
Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
razor28124
I ran out of space for th

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I'm 21 years old. It is my third car. The only problem I have encountered is that, I have occasionally run into a couple of people who assume that I was given my camaro. It used to really bug me because I bust my a$$ at my job so that I can afford to drive my car and stay in college at the same time. Nothing beats seeing the car that I worked so hard for in my driveway at night and knowing that I am paying for it.

That being said, I have only run over the abnormibly high curb at my local bank. No rash. I have had people hit my car on multiple occasions however. I don't see what everyone is complaining about visibility for, I see just fine out of it and the mirrors are the best of any car I have ever driven. (save one particular Hyundai Genesis Sedan)
Old 10-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
19 here base 2010 LS black with 21's bought it cash, put a few grand in mods... its black so there are dings scratches...ive curbed the rims bad.... oh well just a car to me im OCD about my car but since ive had this camaro.. i kinda jush clean it up more or less.. it looks like crap a day after a wash... no tickets yet.. and im thinking about putting my money elsewhere, because theres literally 1,0000 camaros in my hometown...
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM   #23
Inferno Orange SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Im 24, clean driving record. Got mine this summer, i drive it like i stole it but only in the right place and right times. Living in Ontario insurance is quite a bitch but I work alot and pay for my toys. Also own a 95 pathfinder for the winter and my track car is a 93 restored Honda Del Sol with a ls/vtec engine swap and a Jackson racing supercharger, funny enough the insurance on my Honda is 5 bucks more a month than the Camaro, and they dont even know whats under the hood of that it has over 300hp. lol
Old 10-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #24
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Im 21, clean driving record. Got the Camaro Dec 2009, I pay the car note myself, insurance myself. This is my second car, my first vehicle was a 2007 Trailblazer SS bought dec 06, and yep paid that all by myself. Never been an in accident with any of my cars.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #25
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
24, work full-time, saved up, and bought my car with my own money. Never had an accident, no tickets. I plan on trading her in on a V8 in three years.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #26
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
18 this coming month and have had the Transformer since Oct. 14, 2009. No dents, or anything other than Zanio on her. Drove an 07 Silverado 4x4 for 2yrs and no accidents or bull of any kind. My dad had a new Trans Am in high school and he never did anything to it, so this thought that all young people are reckless and showing off all the time is crazy. Some do, but so do some older people.

I am proud of my car, as proud as anyone I would guess, and I take extreme caution with her. I do not 'show-off' because if you already know your car is bad, why do you need to prove anything. Besides, people can't admire her if you are traveling to fast.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #27
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
I am turning 17 and getting a Camaro. I am super super pumped, and super super grateful I am getting it. It is my dream car, and I'm ecstatic. I am going to be a responsible driver. Theres no way Im going to risk losing my dream car over stupid s**t. And Im positive my experience will be unforgettable
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #28
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I'm 41 going on 12, do I count?

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint

Closed Thread