Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #15
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
No "over kill man". You don't know all the facts surrounding the situation.

I switched the cat backs to Borlas. Although unlikely, I wanted to be safe with the exhaust modification and check the AF ratio. Another thing I wanted to do was to try and tune out some of the annoying popping on deceleration.

Alfie
I recall my statement, yes, retune. It made a difference for me!!! As far as the stabil... yes, you want that out and wnat summer blend to maximize the tune but winter blend would be "ok"... good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I never heard of this stabil for years and never had a problem storing my lawn tractor, cars etc. over the winter. All of a sudden you hear this crap that you better buy this stabil or you will ruin your engine. What a bunch of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If your talking multiple year storage, then I could see it, but this over the winter stuff is just BS.
you my friend are a smart man!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
ya, we know but when he drains it he does have to put more gas in... Why not wait for the summer blend?!?!?!
Because its on the rollers as we speak...waiting for the fresh gas!

Alfie
Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #17
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Because its on the rollers as we speak waiting for the fresh gas!

Alfie
no need to shout!

Hmmm... i guess youre stuck then. Well.... you could drop the tank but damn, thats gonna be a lot of work...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I'd wait for spring. Gas around here is still going to be the winter blend for a while.
And what are you talking about winter blend? LOL the gas now is the same you will get in the summer and so on.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #19
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Its really not hard at all and if the shop cant do it find a new shop. Unhook a fuel line and run the fuel pump. Very simple and easy.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #20
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
And what are you talking about winter blend? LOL the gas now is the same you will get in the summer and so on.
Not correct. There are different additives in winter fuel both gas and diesel.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
No it's not.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
you, my friend are 100%...

WRONG!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Guys No there is not. I work and have been in this industry for over 8 years and do this daily. The refineries DO NOT mix different blends. The gas station may add an additive, but the blending will only be done by the supplier and to the customers specs. We do blends all year round here for distillates, resdiuals, asphalt, roofing flux, gasoline and so on. But coming from the refinery and the rack its not blended any different now then it is in the summer time. Esp in Michigan where you can only get gasohol. The RVP and TEMP V/L changes but not the blends. The specs change on the blending according to the seasonal specifications which the Max and Min class point ranges are still within each other. 7.0-9.0 in the summer 6.4-7.0 in the winter, and thats prior to the ethanol blending. Other then that the gravity, sulfur weigth PPM, lead and oxidation stability all stay the same. And that is what's going to determine the quality of the gas. As far as thinking they are blending the gas to a totally different tune, forget about that because it's pretty much the same makeup.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Guys No there is not. I work and have been in this industry for over 8 years and do this daily. The refineries DO NOT mix different blends. The gas station may add an additive, but the blending will only be done by the supplier and to the customers specs. .
Who cares who does the blending. It is done and there is summer and winter fuels. It is mandated by law.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #25
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Never heard of problems storing until recently?

Never heard of Ethanol until recently either!

In case you haven't heard, our Uncle Sam is telling the gas companies how to blend gas cause he knows best!...and if you don't believe it just ask him!!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown

Last edited by hot_rod; 02-23-2011 at 05:26 AM.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Because its on the rollers as we speak...waiting for the fresh gas!

Alfie
What about disconnecting a line under the car and letting gravity do the work? I remember there was a piece of rubber hose on my old V6 Camaro just before the fuel filter that would come off with a screwdriver. Make sure to un-do the gas cap so air can be drawn into the tank.

Quote:
Guys No there is not. I work and have been in this industry for over 8 years and do this daily. The refineries DO NOT mix different blends. The gas station may add an additive, but the blending will only be done by the supplier and to the customers specs. We do blends all year round here for distillates, resdiuals, asphalt, roofing flux, gasoline and so on. But coming from the refinery and the rack its not blended any different now then it is in the summer time. Esp in Michigan where you can only get gasohol. The RVP and TEMP V/L changes but not the blends. The specs change on the blending according to the seasonal specifications which the Max and Min class point ranges are still within each other. 7.0-9.0 in the summer 6.4-7.0 in the winter, and thats prior to the ethanol blending. Other then that the gravity, sulfur weigth PPM, lead and oxidation stability all stay the same. And that is what's going to determine the quality of the gas. As far as thinking they are blending the gas to a totally different tune, forget about that because it's pretty much the same makeup.
Then tell me why there's such a disparity in gas mileage between what we call "winter" and "summer" fuels. Is it an additive? Ethanol? There is a distinct difference.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #27
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Cant you just run your car, listen to the sweet exhaust? lol
Id just run the car until I got all the gas out.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #28
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
you, my friend are 100%...

WRONG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No it's not.
Depends on where you live..... here in Arizona we don't....

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote