Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #15
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
GM PART # for PDIM

This Personal Device interface Module (PDIM) allows the user to plug their remote audio devices (iPod, MP3 player, etc.) into the USB port. The PDIM allows for command and control of the remote audio device through the radio and steering wheel controls.

ACCESSORY NAMEPART NUMBERDLR NETSTATUSINSTALL TIME USB Interface Device, Allows for the use of the redundant steering wheel controls with an auxillary device 92213212 Future Product 1.00
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Looking through the features of the Bluetooth offered from GM, I think we're looking at the Handsfree and Headset profile.

Headset will provide very basic functionality. Pickup and hangup.
The Handfree profile will allow the display to show who is calling, voice dialing, etc.

If you have a question of whether your phone would work, let me know and I could look it up quick.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #17
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Looking through the features of the Bluetooth offered from GM, I think we're looking at the Handsfree and Headset profile.

The Handfree profile will allow the display to show who is calling, voice dialing, etc.

If you have a question of whether your phone would work, let me know and I could look it up quick.
Nokia 5190

i Keed i Keed ,i have an iphone 3G,im sure it will work

Ninja text strikes again
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Nokia 5190

i Keed i Keed ,i have an iphone 3G,im sure it will work

Ninja text strikes again
Haha. I'm not that familiar with Nokia and I actually looked it up. That was actually my first ever cell phone!

I thought to myself, hmmmm, I don't think it has Bluetooth. He's gonna be pretty disappointed.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbowtie View Post
I just checked out the site, gm.com/bluethooth, and the Camaro is not listed on the drop down. Used Corvette and, dog gone it, my phone isn't list. Oh well. But, my wife's "chocolate" is. She'll be happy!

Former rides:

1966 Chevelle (1971 to 2007)
1970 Chevelle (1974 to 1991)

Next Ride: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Tint Black Rally Stripes 20" Polished Wheels
You might try the G8. It uses a head unit from the same manufacturer
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
You will NOT be able to do A2DP to the Camaro. If you'd like to use an iPod/iPhone/other mp3 player/USB drive with the camaro, you have 2 options...
1. USB plug (2ss/2lt/1lt with con pack only)
2. headphone jack (using the MP3 player controls)

Option one will use the stereo controls. This will work with both the buttons on the deck as well as the buttons on the steering wheel. Here's a video including some of it in action...

In the bluetooth menus, there's 2 options... phone and GPS. Nothing for A2DP MP3 players or phones. A2DP is a relatively new technology that isn't heavily supported.

About phone compatibility with bluetooth... bluetooth is a standard. Therefore all bluetooth phones *SHOULD* work just fine with the Camaro. Depending on which version your phone supports you may have different levels of support (actually dialing calls vs only answering, etc). The lists on Chevy's site are just the ones that they've tested and it's impossible for them to aquire and test all phones. Also, if your phone doesn't work, you may want to take it into your carrier's store to see if there's a software update for your phone. Bluetooth compatibility is something that seems to get lots of updates so there very well may be one.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post

G1 phone thru T-mobile.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #22
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
Ummm....is comfor convenience standard on LT2???

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:20 AM   #23
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
cant wait for bluetooth gonna be sweet
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #24
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Camaro Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
You will NOT be able to do A2DP to the Camaro..
Actually that is not true. I work for GM and I am the engineer who designed the USB/Bluetooth interface. The A2DP connection is in a different menu and will allow you to pair any device supporting the A2DP profile.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about the Camaro USB or Bluetooth interface.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Actually that is not true. I work for GM and I am the engineer who designed the USB/Bluetooth interface. The A2DP connection is in a different menu and will allow you to pair any device supporting the A2DP profile.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about the Camaro USB or Bluetooth interface.
Yea, sorry. When I tried it out at the auto show I didn't see anything for it in the menus so I jumped to the conclusion and it wasn't mentioned at all in the dealer training videos or other documents that we've seen. Thanks for the correction and good to have you on board!

And good on ya for including that in it. I certainly wasn't expecting it. Sounds like you have a cool job. It's the kinda stuff I'd like to do. IT isn't all that fun and not all that related to my major but it's a paying gig so no complaints!

And a question I've seen floating around... do you know how hard it would be to add in the PDIM/USB to the 1SS/1LT without the convenience and connectivity package? Are the wiring harnesses all there and it just requires a plugin or does the deck need to be changed or...?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:

This allows streaming audio from things like cell phones that play mp3's then? As long as they also support A2DP bluetooth of course. That's a nice little bonus for that I didn't expect for the Camaro's bluetooth.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 PM   #27
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal View Post
This allows streaming audio from things like cell phones that play mp3's then? As long as they also support A2DP bluetooth of course. That's a nice little bonus for that I didn't expect for the Camaro's bluetooth.
and the next iphone update will add A2DP support.i will never have to take it out of my pocket

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #28
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Yea, sorry. When I tried it out at the auto show I didn't see anything for it in the menus so I jumped to the conclusion and it wasn't mentioned at all in the dealer training videos or other documents that we've seen. Thanks for the correction and good to have you on board!

And good on ya for including that in it. I certainly wasn't expecting it. Sounds like you have a cool job. It's the kinda stuff I'd like to do. IT isn't all that fun and not all that related to my major but it's a paying gig so no complaints!

And a question I've seen floating around... do you know how hard it would be to add in the PDIM/USB to the 1SS/1LT without the convenience and connectivity package? Are the wiring harnesses all there and it just requires a plugin or does the deck need to be changed or...?
No problem at all. I've been surprised how much our documentation is lacking for Bluetooth. Since this is our first A2DP implementation, I think a lot of people within the company don't really know what it means and so it's not very prominently displayed. I think with the iPhone/iPod Touch coming out supporting A2DP in the near future, this feature will really take off.

About adding it in to other trim levels, the PDIM is a separate module from the radio head unit, so in theory it would be possible to add it in. I don't know however if the wiring would be there to support it. Since we work so hard to reduce cost and especially mass, I would assume that if the PDIM is not installed, the wiring is not either. I didn't work on that part of the development, so I don't really know.

And about my job, yeah I absolutely love it. I've been with GM for a little over a year and a half straight out of college and this was my first project, so I can't complain!
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote