Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 AM   #15
Shadow-phoenix
Terrorizing the streets

Drives: 06 GTO, 92 Camaro RS, 84 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via MSN to Shadow-phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow-phoenix
Got a reply yesterday about the 89 IROC-Z I was looking at. looks like the guy is willing to accept my offer on it, so I should be picking it up on the 21st.

It's a 305 TPI with T-5 Borg Warner transmission, and has 150k miles. New parts include: New cap and rotor, wires, plugs, fuel filter, pcv and egr valves. Oil changed less than 1,000 miles ago. Has two boss 12" subs and Alpine 6x9's in the b-pillars, 1300 rms watt amp, Kenwood head and new 4x6's for the dash. Has a 105 amp alternator, two new tires, rebuilt original starter, and a factory service manual to go with it.

It does need some work on the interior (headliner, carpet, and seats need cleaned up) and the clear coat is peeled off in some spots. But at the same time, It's a running driving IROC-Z, and its a stick... so I'm not going to haggle too much more on the price (already got him to agree on dropping 500 off his original asking price...)

And considering it's an IROC and a stick, i think the price difference, ($800) between it and my 92 RS, originally a TBI 305/auto which i paid $1,000 for, is fair and I can live with it.

I can probably get a little bit of my money back by pulling and selling the amps and subs that are in it, since i don't need subs for the music i listen to anyway. I cant wait to get it home, and start cleaning/fixing it up.

Gonna run it til the 305 or T-5 goes out, then I'm thinking either tear down the motor and go crazy on the build, or simply pull it and drop an LSX/T-56 combo in it...

Rust is the vehicular form of cancer.

A stupid owner is a Camaro's worst fear, second only to the though of going to the crusher.

Camaro: a vicious animal that eats rice for breakfast, and mustangs for dinner.

Last edited by Shadow-phoenix; 07-11-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Shadow-phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote