Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
Get the RS, the manual trans, and the Hurst shifter. I also had the dealer install a painted heritage grill and painted ground effects. He would not install the dovetail spoiler, so I'm getting that done now.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
I regret not getting the Hurst short throw shifter. I'm about to add my own, but would rather had it on my sticker and factory warranty.

Someone mentioned not liking the HUD- I absolutely LOVE it! One of the best features in the car in my opinion. Miss it on my other vehicles.

I wouldn't waste the $ on the vinyl stripes... you can get the same quality, cheaper aftermatket, or pay just a little more and get them painted on, which is 100% improvement.

Don't go for the 21" wheels- rediculously expensive and replacement tires are a lot more for the off size.

As for the leather - I'm in FL... I carry towels for the seats in hot weather...already saved my ass once when I spilled a beer working on it in the garage... not to mention sweat
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
Brian52682

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Yea here is what I have and I ended up doing a lot of research and love it and it's all included in my warranty.... 2011 Camaro SS/RS, Premium Sound, Bluetooth, Hurst Shifter, Rally Yellow, Vinyl Stripes (lazy and liked the way they looked although I am going to be getting some painted on soon), also make sure you decide what rim type you want because Chevy Rims are better than aftermarket imo (I am one of those that thinks stock Rims make the car more authentic)
Brian52682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #18
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM 5-OH View Post
It's a "muscle car" so keep the 6spd and don't opt for the auto.
my only reget I got the auto ,but its still nice and fun
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
order a Supercharger
Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #20
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
I'm ok I feel and look fast
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #21
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
My plans are for, polished five spokes wheels, 6speed manual beige top and interior,
Still up in the air about Hurst shifter, and illuminated footwells.

Can I order a factory supercharge? Don't temp me!

Last edited by pensphan87; 10-04-2011 at 04:07 PM.
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
If you get a manual, get the Hurst shifter. Get the GM optional axle-back exhaust so it's covered by the warranty.
If you get the manual, also get a skip-shift eliminator.
Also, look into getting a clear bra applied to at least the front facia and reccomended on the gills and the mirrors. It' snot real cheap, but it's well worth it. Get it applied as soon as you can after you get the car so it can be applied before you get your first stone chip.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #23
zbroke

Drives: None
Don't let them detail it at the dealership and make sure you say NO WASH every time you take it in
Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
That reminds me, if you don't already know this - Never take your convertible through an automatic car wash!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #25
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
As most have stated above, I would definitely go with the RS package. I would also go with the 2SS or 2LT to get the HUD ... one of the absolute best features I have seen ... it allows you to keep eyes on the road and know how much over the speed limit you are zippin along at instead of having to drop eyes down through the steering wheel to see the digital speedometer on the DIC, or even worse, the dial speedo to the side.

Personal preference as to manual vs auto ... go with what you are comfortable with. The SS vert has plenty of performance, so many love manual shifting for the feeling of the performance and control, but the vehicle is a great cruising vehicle, so auto works well for that as well. I would select based on driving habits and your comfort level.

If you are looking to have stripes, the vinyl stripes will deteriorate over time and are harder to maintain (most waxes will mess them up - so painting them on after taking delivery is a great option) - I went with the factory vinyl stripes as I plan to keep the car forever and if looking to have the car kept with original factory options 20-30 years from now ... well my codes will match. The vinyl stripes may also offer "some" limited protection from rock chips, though you will likely get plenty of them anyway)

I got polished wheel option, and think it goes well with the SIM, but for other colors, I don't think that there is enough of a difference between the painted vs polished 20" wheels for it to be noticeable or worth the $470 ... take a look at both on vehicles in showrooms to make the call for yourself ... definitely would pass if you intend to go with custom wheels.

I don't care for the ground effects pack, though I understand the appeal. It looks sharp, but if your driveway has any significant elevation change from street to driveway, you likely will scrape if not very careful. The front splitters tend to get curb rash ... from parking blocks, etc.

Some of the "nice to haves" are just too darned expensive to buy from factory options, and can be added cheaper if you have the patience and a bit of aptitude for it ... such as footwell and cupholder lighting. I'd probably also invest in the aftermarket cargo net (or try to get the dealer to toss it in as a feebie).

Body matched painted engine cover is kinda nice ... mine didn't cost extra being a SIM, but they look nice on the other colors - or you can get your engine cover custom painted after ... seen some really nice custom paint!
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #26
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
RS package, manual with Hurst short throw shifter. I had an automatic transmission in my 2010 1SS coupe which I traded this year, I like the manual transmission a ton more.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #27
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
DONT DO IT

I love my vert, but all the problems with the top i am having, i wish i had not bought one yet. they need more time to address the issues.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #28
pensphan87

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS Convertible Bliss
Keeping in mind this car is also my wifes, a vert is the only option. She will deal with the six speed manual and I will deal with any top issues. But thank you for trying to save me grief.

Last edited by pensphan87; 10-05-2011 at 01:27 PM.
pensphan87 is offline   Reply With Quote