Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
TooManySS's

Drives: Jedi Mind Trick
That is a old mod.
It takes the output voltage of the TPS signal and multiplies it so the ECM thinks the throttle is open further than it is. This results in more timing and fuel given for the real open position its at. The ECM will learn this is not appropriate and pull out the enrichment it has given.

They do work, but not worth it when you can merely alter the TPS to advance it some.

Here is the old deal and the company that makes alot of this stuff.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/
TooManySS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #16
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV View Post
Here's copy & paste from my post on the G8 forums:

At the risk of a flame war with those that opinionate on something they have NEVER tried ... ... I've had it on the GXP and my previous Mazda and is to me 1 of the first mods I like to do and the most enjoyable in day-to-day driving.

The new generation won the SEMA award (so it ain't snake oil people ... it actually DOES do something) and has a button that you velcro under the dash where you can see it and allows you to re-map the throttle sensitivity from stock > stage 1 > stage 2.

I generally run it on stage 1 unless I'm on the hiway where I'll put it on stage 2 ... just a small squirt of the gas pedal and you get instant response.

Ya, it adds no HP but I don't mod to get more HP - I mod to make the car more enjoyable to ME and if HP comes along with it all the better.

I like a more responsive car from throttle tip-in to handling than comes from the factory, always have ... the throttle part is now done and the handling is part way there with Lovells springs on currently and sway bars coming in the spring.

You can push the pedal down more but that's not responsiveness to me, that's driving with a large wad of mash potato between your foot and the gas pedal.

The reason people swear by it are because they've actually tried it ... the ones always arguing with us haven't.

If you're close to a dealer ask them to do a test install ... mine did and I'm pretty sure they all will. If you don't like it nothing lost except your time.

If you can get your tuner to re-map the throttle tables, go for it ... my unnamed tuner said there's nothing they can do (which I know is crapola) so I went with the Sprintbooster ... better choice in the end as it gives me the button anyway.

This is akin to Subarus SI-Drive and BMW's M button where you have different choices of throttle sensitivity (albeit BMW's does more than just throttle).

I LOVE mine.
You dudes up in the North Country also love vinegar on your french fries.....not us down here!

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #17
LBV

Drives: G8 GXP manual
There's something wrong with vinegar on fries!? Lol Go to Quebec and they put cheese and curds on them ... now that's yeck!

Back on topic, what TooManySS's said is NOT true. This does not alter the ECM to think the throttle is open more than it is.

What it does is alter the throttle table to more of a direct ratio of throttle position of your foot to throttle opening on the TB blade.

It just gives you much better throttle response without the dead area when you first push on the gas.

I noticed the dead spot when I drove a stock CTS-V a few weeks back ... pressing the gas the little bit that I'm used to yielded nothing from the Caddy ... had to press down further to get the car moving.

This mod is all about throttle response ... that's all.

Zeta platform, LS3,TR6060 tranny ... ya, it's a 4-dr Camaro!

Borla cat-back, H&R springs, & Sprintbooster & I love it!
LBV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV View Post
It just gives you much better throttle response without the dead area when you first push on the gas.
yeah yeah, you didn't read my post. i already covered all this. push your foot more or let the $300+ SB do it for you electronically. it really isn't a mod, it's a mind trick that has worked excellently on you.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Hey I am in Maine we like vinegar on our fries and I like Poutine too LOL. So I have to admit I hate the throttle response on my LS3. You can tell if you hit the throttle hard that the Nanny tools are hard at work. I have a Seadoo with a tune and this is one of the first things they fix and it makes it respond much better. That being said, I wonder how you are overwriting the throttle tables etc with this simple little thing and with that voiding your warranty as we all know the computers keep track. I do not know and I am only going from my past programming experience with bikes, cars, snowmobiles etc. TO me it seems more likely that it fools the computer into thinking the throttle position from the pedal sensor is opened more than it really is, therefore increasing the throttle angle on the TB quicker. From my Power Commander you can program the timing advance every 500 RPMs based on 4 different throttle position. In other words if you are half throttle at 4000 Rpms you can have +7* of timing or at 100 % throttle position at 4000 Rpms you can have +10* of timing. I would imagine the cars work the same way. I would doubt then that this little mod could do any more than fool it as to what throttle position that you have it at. I would like to know more about how it works and what it does. We used to do a similar thing to our outside air temp sensor by putting a resistor in it to trick the computer into thinking it was 20* cooler we could cheat and the computer would richen the mixture. Only works because on sleds there are no O2 sensors
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #20
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Just saying I checked their website and here is the truth from them.

How It Works

Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.

Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in it's time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.

It doesn't matter if you have a Sport Mode, ECU software, or 'Chip' on your car, Sprint Booster works independently of other modifications. It simply makes the throttle more sensitive, making the car 'feel' faster.

Is Sprint Booster for everyone? Of course not, no performance product ever is. If you have a track car where you spend most of your time near redline, Sprint Booster is not for you - Sprint Booster benefits are felt in the low to mid pedal travel. Some people don't like the fact that Sprint Booster reaches full throttle before full pedal travel - if you routinely mash the throttle to the floor, Sprint Booster may not be for you.

Sprint Booster is most effective in the low to mid rpm range, which is where most 'street' cars are driven on a daily basis. Yes, you may need to adjust your driving style after installing Sprint Booster - but that is a short learning curve. Sprint Booster will put the 'fun' back into your daily drive.

Sprint Booster is simple but effective - it makes the car more responsive and thus more 'fun'! This is why the product carries a 30-day money back guarantee!!!

Sprint Booster installs in minutes, and is easily removable. Plug-n-Play performance!

Just try it! Make your daily drive more 'fun'.
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #21
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Wow man. Are your really trying to communicate with someone from 5yrs ago??
Try an old HAM radio like in the movie "Frequency". Maybe you'll hear something

J