Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I installed the OnStar box with bluetooth in my car last night... I can make/receive phone calls now, but there is no music option on the head unit after following the steps above... To the guys that can play music over your bluetooth, do you have the PDIM? People that haven't had luck playing music over the bluetooth, do you not have the PDIM? I current do not, and I don't think I really need/want it if it won't make it so I can play music via bluetooth.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
Rupforce

Drives: 2012 Camaro Silver 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
I have a 2012 2LS and have my iPhone 4 paired to make phone calls and it works great. If I press the CD/AUX button it shows "No Aux Device" and if I hit "Menu" after that, it does nothing. If I connect my iPhone using a 3.5mm jack it recognizes my "Audio Device" and plays music but still does not do anything if I hit menu to Pair Bluetooth. I have watched several Youtube Videos and seem to be stuck...
I have the same problem on my 2LS, it's quite annoying when i cant use it for music with bluetooth.. It will be great if someone can find a solution to this
Rupforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I installed the OnStar box with bluetooth in my car last night... I can make/receive phone calls now, but there is no music option on the head unit after following the steps above... To the guys that can play music over your bluetooth, do you have the PDIM? People that haven't had luck playing music over the bluetooth, do you not have the PDIM? I current do not, and I don't think I really need/want it if it won't make it so I can play music via bluetooth.
I know this is a super old post and I'm sure you figured it out but yes
, the pdim is responsible for Bluetooth audio.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wijns07 View Post
It's easy.

1. Make sure you phone is synched. (I.E so that you can make calls via blue-tooth.)
2. Then all you have to do is press the CD Auxiliary button on your Stereo
3. Then you press the menu button (Button inside the Right Turning Knob)
4. Select your device
5. Then select your phone as the device
6. You are now all set to play your tunes via blue-tooth
7. I don't think that the steering controls will change your songs etc...but it's still a lot easier than plugging the phone in via cable.
Your info allowed me to hook up my new iPod 7 gen I could not do it through. The regular Bluetooth hook up did not know about the gm connect wow I'm so happy thanx for the info. Works like a charm, woohoo

Last edited by ronss; 10-14-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spell
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:39 AM   #19
161R

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro ZL1
What's PDIM?
161R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #20
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I have also noticed that when I am using bluetooth the screen will go blank and say paused with just the play button on the bottom right showing, and when I click it nothing happens.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #21
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 161R View Post
What's PDIM?
http://www.shopchevyparts.com/electr...-92252215.html
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #22
Carmikaze
HTCC Membership Director

Drives: 2013 RS Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
I have also noticed that when I am using bluetooth the screen will go blank and say paused with just the play button on the bottom right showing, and when I click it nothing happens.
When that happens to me it means my phone has reached the end of the playlist and I go on the phone and move it back to the beginning.
Carmikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #23
VeeGeeTea
LEXi is Sassy and Classy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Boston Acoustic
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA2D50 View Post
How do I play music from my iPhone4 in the car via Bluetooth?
Use usb instead. The Bluetooth audio quality is very muddy.
VeeGeeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #24
dthom

Drives: Black 2011 SS
+1 to all those saying bt audio is bad, it's like there's some extra compression in their bluetooth implementation or something.

Never seemed to have that problem with my previous aftermarket stereo, so I'm guessing it's that. Also, if you have the mylink system, the quality is noticeably better. There must have been a problem with the earlier systems. (I drive a 2011 2ss, used the mylink in a 2014 rental)
dthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #25
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
2014 2ls no bluetooth audio/usb wtf???

I was Under the impression that my new 2014 2ls was coming with a usb port and bluetooth audio because it has bluetooth and it said on the website usb was on it. Why the hell would GM not put these most basic options on a brand new car its mind boggling to me and really irks me so they put a half ass pdim in there with only a aux hookup? My phone hooks up to bluetooth calling but no audio.. horrible.
Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Yes it can play music through the Bluetooth. However, the audio quality is noticably different, and not in a good way. I've found that plugging it in directly via the USB port in the center consol gives you much better audio quality.

I haven't noticed any difference in audio quality between bluetooth and a wired connection. This version of bluetooth has enough bandwidth to safely accommodate up to 320kbps encoded music.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #27
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthom View Post
+1 to all those saying bt audio is bad, it's like there's some extra compression in their bluetooth implementation or something.

Never seemed to have that problem with my previous aftermarket stereo, so I'm guessing it's that. Also, if you have the mylink system, the quality is noticeably better. There must have been a problem with the earlier systems. (I drive a 2011 2ss, used the mylink in a 2014 rental)

-1 on bluetooth audio being bad. I've been impressed and I'm a home stereo audiophile.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote