Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Before I bought my Camaro I test drove an RX-8. Took it out one day in December and punched it hard and the engine just died. I was worried I had damaged it. Seems that the red line on an RX-8 moves. When it is cold it is lower than after it warms up, and yes the tach did display a moving red line. Sorry don't remember the numbers, but both ridiculously high because it is a rotary. 8000, 10000 perhaps?
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
If it clears up once you get to working temps I would not worry about it.

I know my car vibrates like crazy for the first 2-3 miles when I drive it out of the garage after sitting at least overnight. Nothing but the tires getting back into round again!!! Worried me at first until I realized what it was.

Got worse when I put the 275 on front and 315s on back but goes away quickly and reminds me to let things settle in when starting out on the road with the camaro.

If it does not get better at working temps, something is clearly wrong.
If you changed the tires and the shake is still there, it might not be your tires.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
It's always been a habit, cold weather or hot, to let mine idle 3-5 minutes (longer in winter).

Don't know why I do, technically speaking, I just do.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Mine is slugggish in the morning so I don't force the issue with the throttle but later when I come home, very little sluggishness due to warmer temps. I just take it as part of letting the car warm up.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #19
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
All of our cars do it. Here in the Northwest it doesn't get that cold, but occasionally it will dip into the 20's. There's a steep hill about 1/4 mile from my house, and when pulling out and heading up the hill, you can definitely tell, esp in the Camaro, that it's dumping fuel and not making much power from a bone-cold engine. The Jeep and the Audi do the same thing.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #20
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Your car is fine. The LS3 does this because the computer is not communicating with certain sensors (O2, etc.) when the car is cold. Everything has to be at temperature before the car will run as intended. There's nothing to find wrong, it's how the car is designed to operate.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuns View Post
Car just seems to do this on cold start up and drive. Do camaros need time to warm up?? Feels like thiers a hesitation in acceleration in low gears. Tech says cant find anything wrong.
May I suggest you use them BIG Guns and go down there and handle them fools the right way. lol !!!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #22
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
Mine is doing the same thing. It's very annoying most of it goes away when the temp warms up but some/little still remains. I wish someone knew of a way to fix this
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialSScamaro View Post
Mine is doing the same thing. It's very annoying most of it goes away when the temp warms up but some/little still remains. I wish someone knew of a way to fix this
Have tried taking the vehicle to the dealership for a proper diagnosis? Please let us know if this is an available option for you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have tried taking the vehicle to the dealership for a proper diagnosis? Please let us know if this is an available option for you!

Brandon
The dealership told me since there is no check engine light then the car is fine.

I know GM is well aware of this issue its nothing new. I wish GM would address it and explain it and come out with some type of fix.

Last edited by ImperialSScamaro; 07-26-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Adding more info
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialSScamaro View Post
The dealership told me since there is no check engine light then the car is fine.

I know GM is well aware of this issue its nothing new. I wish GM would address it and explain it and come out with some type of fix.
If you could please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership, I can do some more research regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
brainstorm1432

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Black Beauty
My 2013 SS is a great car to drive. I I have only 1200 miles on it as of this post. I too have a hesitation when the car is cold. It doesn't worry me, but it is annoying as hell. I only drive 2 miles to work and it has that slight hesitation all the way there. I always let it warm up in the driveway before I leave the house but apparently that's not enough. Maybe some octane booster will help, or NOS, or maybe chevy will put out a tuner patch to solve it. Probably the later is the safest.
brainstorm1432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstorm1432 View Post
My 2013 SS is a great car to drive. I I have only 1200 miles on it as of this post. I too have a hesitation when the car is cold. It doesn't worry me, but it is annoying as hell. I only drive 2 miles to work and it has that slight hesitation all the way there. I always let it warm up in the driveway before I leave the house but apparently that's not enough. Maybe some octane booster will help, or NOS, or maybe chevy will put out a tuner patch to solve it. Probably the later is the safest.
Sorry to hear about the hesitation issues brainstorm1432, but I would like to assist you in getting the problem solved by setting up an appointment at your nearest GM dealer. Could you private message me your zip code, and the VIN number of your Camaro?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care