Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I just did a three hour highway run. Before I left I softened everything up. I went softer on the rebound and it definitely made a difference. As stated in previous post I could feel the return to neutral more slowly. Made for a nice ride. I will continue making adjustment and trying different combos. I started my log book with this weekends times and settings. I ended up second behind a G35 coupe that I didn't know was in my class. I was one second slower but he's got years of experience and this was only my second event
I appreciate all the PM's and everyone's input. If you have more to add please do. I'm still trying to learn this
I think you are doing great Once you settle in on your setup the rest is seat time.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Dan,

What are you running?
This is what I ran last season for settings - Autocross.
Don't run this way on the street - It'll shake out the fillings in your teeth.

I spent 4 days at test and tune events (over 30 hours adjusting just shock and tire pressures) these worked best for the track shock settings.

27 for all 4 corners rebound (top setting on all shocks - 3 back from full hard)

16 on the bottom (bound, front)

13 rear bottom (bound, rear) (might have been 15 - posting this from memory).

I run on WIDE A6 Hoosier tires - 18" with a 25.6" height. Not sure if you should deviate the shock settings using a stock Camaro tire size.

I will need to re-do all the adjustments again (shock settings and tire pressures) since the alignment specs will be different due to adding the ZL-1 pedders rear bar this year.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
This is what I ran last season for settings - Autocross.
Don't run this way on the street - It'll shake out the fillings in your teeth.

I spent 4 days at test and tune events (over 30 hours adjusting just shock and tire pressures) these worked best for the track shock settings.

27 for all 4 corners rebound (top setting on all shocks - 3 back from full hard)

16 on the bottom (bound, front)

13 rear bottom (bound, rear) (might have been 15 - posting this from memory).

I run on WIDE A6 Hoosier tires - 18" with a 25.6" height. Not sure if you should deviate the shock settings using a stock Camaro tire size.

I will need to re-do all the adjustments again (shock settings and tire pressures) since the alignment specs will be different due to adding the ZL-1 Pedders rear bar this year.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote