Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Or....if you ordered in a large town with 5 other Chevy dealers in a 5mile radius :P
Yep - do your homework!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisc camaro View Post
Hello camaro5 members, long time lurker first time posting. First I want to say that I read the site every day looking for news about this car. I ordered a victory red 1SS on January 16th and am at code 3000. I appreciate the information on dealer allocations and how the system works but I am still frustrated over the lack of information on my order. I ordered from a small dealer in Arlington Wisconsin and I have known my salesman for years. This dealer only placed one order and I am #1 on the allocation list yet I don't seem to be progressing like others #1 on the list. My dealer already recevied thier 1lt RS although they did not even know it was coming. At least I got to sit in one and I have to say it is WAY cooler looking in person. Also you tall guys, I am 6'4" and there was plenty of head and leg room and the inside was awesome. Seeing it in person does not help the wait

Can anyone help me to understand how I can get more information, the 1800 number was a bust, told me they could not tell me my build date or when they could tell me when my build date is
I am assuming you have an order workbench. Going to the dealer is the best way to do this but if you can't just call. Get in touch with the inventory manager. He actually orders the cars. All of them. Tell him you would like him to get on gmglobalconnect and look up the status of your car. That should be the best way of finding anything out. If you go there and it is a decent dealership he will let you view the screen with him. Remember, don't talk to the salesman. Talk to the person who actually orders the cars. Usually the inventory manager. Good luck to you guys.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Wisc camaro

Drives: 1SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Or....if you ordered in a large town with 5 other Chevy dealers in a 5mile radius :P
Agreed, I did not put any money down because I know the guy. Are you saying there us a list of dealers already on the axe and the orders are not being sent. My dealer does not know anything about being shut down but thinks they are safe becuase they are not close to any other dealers. Not sure how many new cars they sell but I am sure it is well below 1000. I guess the news just keeps getting better, I am close to giving up and going with another car.
Wisc camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #18
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisc camaro View Post
Agreed, I did not put any money down because I know the guy. Are you saying there us a list of dealers already on the axe and the orders are not being sent. My dealer does not know anything about being shut down but thinks they are safe becuase they are not close to any other dealers. Not sure how many new cars they sell but I am sure it is well below 1000. I guess the news just keeps getting better, I am close to giving up and going with another car.
GM will publish the first group who is supposed to get the axe sometime this week.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey it is a 2010, as long as we get it before January you are ahead of the game! (Still want mine before summer is out though:party0048
Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
Thumbs up Patience

I ordered my Camaro I told them I realize it will be at least the fall before I see my car, hopefully even February. I live in Canada so I dont have a problem waiting until spring. It will just get stored until after the snow goes anyway. I know I won't be driving it until the first week in April 2010 so they can take thier time with mine. Congrats to GM on a car well done! LOL

I will be taking mine to the car shows next year, it will sit along side our 1969 HO RS/SS

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!

Last edited by LadyGreyMyst; 05-11-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added info
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
You guys know the advertisement was "Be one of the first to own the new camaro, pre-orders start october 13th" right? the fact that camaro5.com knows more about GM's car status than GM does also doesnt make things pretty, and the lack of knowledge when it comes to the GM 800 number is nauseating.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote