Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
It should be

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
While driving I think its because of my x pipe being clamped on and the exhaust vibrating against my car.
The exhaust vibrating...is from hitting the tunnel brace in the back of the car go to your nearest hardware store buy 20 washers 5 for each bolt of the brace..your gonna lose some thread in bolt but it won't affect it that badly once you do that the noise should go away.as for as the Xpipe take it to a shop and have it done correctly by a welder.
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
This poor guy sure got a bogus ride from his dealer install, and he paid top buck for it as well. I hope he has some recourse.....
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
This poor guy sure got a bogus ride from his dealer install, and he paid top buck for it as well. I hope he has some recourse.....
Yea I was quated less than $750 then after they installed it, it came to over $1100 :(
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroV6 View Post
The exhaust vibrating...is from hitting the tunnel brace in the back of the car go to your nearest hardware store buy 20 washers 5 for each bolt of the brace..your gonna lose some thread in bolt but it won't affect it that badly once you do that the noise should go away.as for as the Xpipe take it to a shop and have it done correctly by a welder.

I tried that, removed some of the noise car still whines though.

...... :(
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Quote:
I tried that, removed some of the noise car still whines though.

...... :(
Can you provide a video or something your saying it's a whine?? but header's don't whine?? they make the car louder but they dont make a whining sound.

and if you put some washer's already and it's still making that rattling noise put on some more until that noise is gone.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
simt3k

I have 3 washers under each bolt for a total of 12, I am not sure how many more I can place. I have a resonated x-pipe in place of the h-pipe however it is clamped on and not welded.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #22
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Stilll haven't fixed this? Why don't you try getting the x-pipe welded?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Quote:

I have 3 washers under each bolt for a total of 12, I am not sure how many more I can place. I have a resonated x-pipe in place of the h-pipe however it is clamped on and not welded.
I have 5 on each bolt on mine slap on two more per side to make sure that it goes away..second it sounds like there's a lot of exuaste gases being pushed thru something and it 's making that noise do what he said and go have that xPipe welded and at the same time tell the guy to put on the extra washers while your there..you kill two birds with one stone.if the problem persistes I recommend you go and tighten every single bolt that they touched during the install....and check even the passenger side header for exuaste leaks they might of gotten lazy with that section cuz it was the hardest to do.