Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #15
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Yes. The unpainted cavity you see in the photos above is behind the speaker.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #16
bcasurvey

Drives: sold 2014 2ss rs a6
yep got it thx
bcasurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #17
badgers19

Drives: 2013 Camaro V6
OK, I have 2013 LS V6, unless I'm blind which is possible, I cannot find the red/white wire on the passenger side. I did the drivers side and it works great but I can't find the passenger red/white. This article was written for 2011, I guess its possible that a 2013 is different. Has anyone done this one a base model LS 2013??? Thanks in advance
badgers19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #18
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers19 View Post
OK, I have 2013 LS V6, unless I'm blind which is possible, I cannot find the red/white wire on the passenger side. I did the drivers side and it works great but I can't find the passenger red/white. This article was written for 2011, I guess its possible that a 2013 is different. Has anyone done this one a base model LS 2013??? Thanks in advance
Passenger side wiring (all years) seems to give people problems. See post #26 in this thread for a pic of the passenger side, its from a 2011 but highly unlikely the wiring changed since then just on the passenger side. Please post back with your results as I too have a '13. I've recently done the drivers side but haven't gotten around to the passenger side so i'm very interested in your results.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=Gobo&page=2

Update - gota PM from badgers19 saying he finally found the passenger side red & white wire in the vertical bundle behind the speaker cavity.

Last edited by camguynj; 10-30-2016 at 05:52 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:32 AM   #19
ChazKarp
ChazKarp

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Red/Black Stripes
Puddle Lights

I just did the wiring on my Puddle lights. I had much success using this thread. I found the Red/White in the drivers door. I also found the Red/White and Tan/Black in the passenger door.

Thank you all for posting this thread.
Attached Images

ChazKarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:59 AM   #20
camguynj

That's awesome. Where did you find them?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #21
Papaboss

Drives: 2014 camaro 1lt
Just throwing it out there. There are also ones that peal and stick to your door, no wires, no need to cut a hole in your door. All you need is some rechargable batteries and your set for years. They do however shut off after 2 minutes as well as shut off when next to magnet, like when you shut your door. Best part is you can change the picture at any time with new slides that can be bought, in seconds.
Attached Images

Papaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #22
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaboss View Post
Just throwing it out there. There are also ones that peal and stick to your door, no wires, no need to cut a hole in your door. All you need is some rechargable batteries and your set for years. They do however shut off after 2 minutes as well as shut off when next to magnet, like when you shut your door. Best part is you can change the picture at any time with new slides that can be bought, in seconds.

I was looking at these from Amazon . You can just buy the light plain , then buy different lenses to change them out . pretty cheap , They also have a on & off switch right .

Where did you mount yours on the doors . I was thinking on using Velcro and you could put them on and take them off when you want to ..
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 AM   #23
Papaboss

Drives: 2014 camaro 1lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO-HAZARD View Post
I was looking at these from Amazon . You can just buy the light plain , then buy different lenses to change them out . pretty cheap , They also have a on & off switch right .

Where did you mount yours on the doors . I was thinking on using Velcro and you could put them on and take them off when you want to ..
Yes, very cheap and easy to set up and switch picture slides. Yes, there is an on/off button. Not sure if this picture shows you a little better on how it looks and is set up, but, as you can see, the module is on the door near the bottom. On the door seal to the left you put a small magnet that turns it on and off automatically if you dont want to have to hit the button all the time.
Check out ghost puddle lights on amazon or wherever, 100% worth the time/money imo.
Attached Images

Papaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #24
camguynj

Quote:
Yes, very cheap and easy to set up and switch picture slides. Yes, there is an on/off button. Not sure if this picture shows you a little better on how it looks and is set up, but, as you can see, the module is on the door near the bottom. On the door seal to the left you put a small magnet that turns it on and off automatically if you dont want to have to hit the button all the time.
Check out ghost puddle lights on amazon or wherever, 100% worth the time/money imo.
The image looks OK and I can understand guys wanting to take the ez way out but IMO the display unit looks too bulky and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #25
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Thanks for the pics. I eventually get a set , I h ave them in my cart along with a Bio-Hazard symbol and a walking dead zombie. that way I can change out images ..
Old 04-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #26
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
The image looks OK and I can understand guys wanting to take the ez way out but IMO the display unit looks too bulky and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Yes , but this works for me because I don't have the ambient lights on the doors . Plus I can just put them on for shows and take them off..
Old 04-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #27
Ponchonutty

Drives: 2012 SS L99 Converible
These projectors which are a cool item suck ass. They will bleed out overtime and the colors fade. I put a set on my Denali and every year I have to replace them because they fade so bad. Might not be that big of a deal if they aren't in a daily driver
Ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #28
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchonutty View Post
These projectors which are a cool item suck ass. They will bleed out overtime and the colors fade. I put a set on my Denali and every year I have to replace them because they fade so bad. Might not be that big of a deal if they aren't in a daily driver
I have heard of them bleeding out, but I think it is a result of how they are installed. These projectors are just a film that fades with light after hours of use. If you wire them into your ambient lights or a constant power they will fade quicker since the light will be on more. I wired mine into my dome light so they only come on when the door is open, after all why have them on with the ambient light so they project on the sill plate when the door is closed?
Attached Images

Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote