Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Beautiful car!
Thank you - yours too!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Hmm might have to plastidip the bowties and the SS. Looks good.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
Thank you!! wth??

I'm subscribing. So far have changed wheels, smoked out side markers, and carbon fiber wrapped the bowties. I'd like to black out all the chrome, will remove the chrome "Camaro" letters from the sides, and am going to gfx (not much for 2014?? still learning - rear diffuser is a must), and probably lower her. Also have been considering carbon fiber wrapping the hood but leaving the vents the same. Still a maybe on that!

eta: Think I'm going with Borla S-Type, though I know that's not a cosmetic mod. Oh, and another '14 owner because the changes pushed me over the edge. Love it!! And so do a lot of others - my car gets a ton of attention, photos, etc. at car shows. Don't let the unnecessary negative comments phase you guys!
Looks great! I will be very interested to see the CF hood wrap if you decide to go that route.

Did you use Lamin-X film to smoke the side markers? I would like to find a good reversible option for smoking the side markers and tail lights.

I've been disappointed with how readily (and how often) people on this forum insult fellow Camaro owners by suggesting that the '14 design is inferior, or somehow a colossal mistake. I'm with you - this design is what finally pushed me over the edge...had to have it.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
Think I'm going with Borla S-Type, though I know that's not a cosmetic mod.
I just added a note in the original post, but feel free to show/discuss other mods (beyond just exterior). I am sure others will be interested to see what works and what doesn't with the '14.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
BreedsAS

Drives: 16 Camaro: Mosaic/2SS/A8/NPP/Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I try not to knock other peoples car because I know they're proud of them like I am mine. But that about enough about the (ugly rear) not to sure how many owners know what this car is designed after.
But the truth is I wouldn't even look at I until I saw the new overdue changes
I agree with that 100%.
I would rather have a Challenger or Mustang before the 2010-2013 Camaro.

'16 Chevy Camaro 2SS Auto - Mosaic Black l Kalahari Interior l NPP l Nav l Sunroof.
Prismatic 22" concave Koko Wheels l Lexani Tires l GM Splitter l ACS Rockers l ACS Spoiler l BMR Drop l Limo tint l Smoked Lighting l Debadged l LEDs l WeatherTech l More to come...
YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq4...9-q-ccCuqVONUw
BreedsAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #20
wocampb

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE BRM, '12 Cruze LT 6M
I will post some pics this weekend but my car is currently having the rear diffuser painted BRM, the taillights are being tinted, and the side markers are being tinted. Hopefully will have it back by Friday.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Arrived at dealer - 11/12/13
Arrived in my garage - 11/15/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
wocampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post
I will post some pics this weekend but my car is currently having the rear diffuser painted BRM, the taillights are being tinted, and the side markers are being tinted. Hopefully will have it back by Friday.
Excited to see how the rear diffuser turns out...do you mind sharing how much they charged you for that?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
wocampb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMWNERW View Post
Excited to see how the rear diffuser turns out...do you mind sharing how much they charged you for that?
The shop that is doing it is a good friend of mine so I won't disclose my price. I know that he charges around $400 but they actually do it right and take their time to make it look good. They actually smooth out the plastic and make it look like it came from the factory that way instead of just putting down a thick coat of primer and then painting over it. They did another 2014 1LE last week that was black and it came out great.
4B00 - 10/30/13
SLP Supercharger, SLP headers, SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 1in Hotchkis Springs, SLP Cold-Air Intake, Painted Chrome Strip, Painted Rear Valance, and more to come soon.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
AG1LE

Quote:
The shop that is doing it is a good friend of mine so I won't disclose my price. I know that he charges around $400 but they actually do it right and take their time to make it look good. They actually smooth out the plastic and make it look like it came from the factory that way instead of just putting down a thick coat of primer and then painting over it. They did another 2014 1LE last week that was black and it came out great.
For a quality job that price seems very reasonable to me
Old 12-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
wocampb

Yeah, the price isn't that bad. They do some great work, they just fixed my girlfriend's car after she got rear ended and it came out better than I expected. They have a great performance shop as well and just finished up a '14 1LE that the guy put a ton of money into. The car pulled 700hp to the flywheel on the dyno this past weekend.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Old 12-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #25
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I'm curious to see how good the color match will be.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #26
wocampb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
I'm curious to see how good the color match will be.
These guys have been doing this for 20+ years and the car is brand new so color matching shouldn't be too difficult even with the color of my car. I will take some good pics as soon as I get it back, I am anxious to see how it turns out.
4B00 - 10/30/13
Old 12-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #27
Lvz2881

Drives: 2014 2SS 6SPD
The '14 redesign is what pushed me over the edge to finally get one myself.
What was used to CF wrap the emblems?
I'm debating between that and plasti dip.for the.gold.

I'm leaning towards removing the Camaro badges on the fenders too.
Although I've thought about.adding black first.gen.style badges in their place...
My dealer added a flat black stripe down the center of the car which I really like. Sets of the Black of the car.

I'm.debating adding flat black between the taillamps ala first gen Camaro SS's.
Any thoughts?

1995 Trans AM, M6, 6spd
1980 Malibu, LS Turbo build on the cheap!!
Lvz2881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #28
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvz2881 View Post
The '14 redesign is what pushed me over the edge to finally get one myself.
What was used to CF wrap the emblems?
I'm debating between that and plasti dip.for the.gold.

I'm leaning towards removing the Camaro badges on the fenders too.
Although I've thought about.adding black first.gen.style badges in their place...
My dealer added a flat black stripe down the center of the car which I really like. Sets of the Black of the car.

I'm.debating adding flat black between the taillamps ala first gen Camaro SS's.
Any thoughts?
I'd love to see a picture of the car with the black stripe.

In another thread a guy modified a picture of a 2014 to add the stripe between the tail lights. Let me see if I can find it.