Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #15
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Plant restarts at midnight tonight! VINs a'poppin'!!!
Well??????? Got VIN?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #16
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post
Well??????? Got VIN?
I do!!!! Built and Bayed 3/17 (presumably out for striping). Status code 4B00.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #17
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I do!!!! Built and Bayed 3/17 (presumably out for striping). Status code 4B00.
YAY FOR YOU!!
Hope everything moves along FAST!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #18
Indydriver

Thank you. It is interesting to me how relaxed I feel knowing the car is out there now and will eventually work it's way here. I was wound up tight in the very long anticipation of the build and now I'm just happy to know the process will end. I'm working with the salesman now to finalize the financing, incentives and all the other stuff so that on delivery day, I will be there as briefly as possible. I'm rearranging some stuff in the garage to make a little extra room and preparing the plan to install all the mods I've stockpiled plus do it's first detailing of the exterior. I'm ready. Nice to have Spring finally springing around here although they're saying cold again next week.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #19
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I hope transport[rail/truck] moves along fast for you. I know how agonizing it can be if it's ...s...l...o...w... believe, me!
When I ordered my 2012 2LT RS back in the summer of 2011, it was slow going, but there were several obstacles that popped up. The "snags" that hurt the worst, was being "bayed" for nearly 2 weeks due to a rail car shortage, then when the car finally crossed over into the USA, it hit another snag with a "bad order" rail car[break down of the car in Detroit]. That took almost another week for Union Pacific to fix the rail car. Then once it got to OOOOklahoma! there was to many rail cars waiting to be unloaded and it sat at the rail yard for 4 days. Finally my dealer called the district GM manager, and he called the rail yard, and then and only then, I got my car the next day! So my total time from ordering to getting the car was a little over 3 months!
Anyhoo, like I said, there were some extenuating circumstances, and I hope you [and I] don't have to deal with stuff like that this time around.

You will have a blast putting on your mods! Smart to have them all waiting so when you get the car you can hop to it. I've told my dealer I'd prefer to do the first wash and detail myself as I'm extremely picky about that, plus this will be the car that I will show this year with the club.

I will probably go ahead and get my CAI and Elite catch can ordered, and may go ahead and order the Noweeds as well. Since we plan on keeping this car for a very long time, we plan on doing a cam, long tube headers, and new exhaust, but haven't decided on which one yet.
I already have a BIG stash of Adam's products, so I'm good to go there.

Hope I haven't bored you to death...lol
Have fun with your mods and good luck on making the deal "quick and painless"!
Do pop in and say hey and post a pic when you get your ride, OK?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #20
Indydriver

Quote:
Hope I haven't bored you to death...lol
Have fun with your mods and good luck on making the deal "quick and painless"!
Do pop in and say hey and post a pic when you get your ride, OK?
I'd be happy to. Not boring at all, I enjoy reading other folks experience. Some other anxious parents waiting for their babies have said there's a rail car shortage again plus a decent snow storm up there so could be more delays. I'm OK with that and hoping my car is indoors at the stripers.

Your comments made me think about something important--the first wash. I'll bet the dealer runs the new cars through an automatic car wash. I do not want my new convertible going through a car wash! I'll have to talk to my salesman about that. We already had the conversation about no dealer insignias and if the bumper's been drilled for a front license plate, the deal's off.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #21
punk5150

Drives: 2014 SS/RS CRT
Lol. Another person like me. Don't drill holes in the bumper for the plate and no dealer decals or the deal is off.
That's the way you have to be with these guys.
punk5150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #22
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
I'd be happy to. Not boring at all, I enjoy reading other folks experience. Some other anxious parents waiting for their babies have said there's a rail car shortage again plus a decent snow storm up there so could be more delays. I'm OK with that and hoping my car is indoors at the stripers.

Your comments made me think about something important--the first wash. I'll bet the dealer runs the new cars through an automatic car wash. I do not want my new convertible going through a car wash! I'll have to talk to my salesman about that. We already had the conversation about no dealer insignias and if the bumper's been drilled for a front license plate, the deal's off.
Oh NO!!! Hope it's resolved ASAP!!!!! You'd think they[RR] could manage this situation a little better! AARRGGHH!!!

Definitely want to do my first wash; Summit White WILL show swirl marks!! again, AARRGGHH!!

Hope your car shows some movement this week. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #23
Indydriver

Hey Krazee, have you found any other SSE owners yet? You're the only one on this forum AFAIK. That might end up being a very low production special which just makes it extra cool in my book!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:23 PM   #24
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
Hey Krazee, have you found any other SSE owners yet? You're the only one on this forum AFAIK. That might end up being a very low production special which just makes it extra cool in my book!
Not TPW 4-14-14, ...but to answer your question...
It's an earlier build, still at the dealership for some 'details'.
The car in person is stunning. Hopefully the snow will melt before I go pick it up...
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #25
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
no others that I know of....
except KevinK! LOL.

I've been trying to find a picture of a "real" SSE, not just the SEMA or internet pics I've seen. Please post some more pics, especially a hood shot, if possible? I'm a little afraid the BRM is not going to look 'blue' enough...what do you think?

Come on 4/14....get here in a hurry!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
pat-camaro

Drives: camaro ss 1le
order camaro 1ss le

had orgin build date of mar 17/2014 as of mar 24 have been given a apirl28/2014 build date asked dealer reason waiting for response
pat-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #27
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
no others that I know of....
except KevinK! LOL.

I've been trying to find a picture of a "real" SSE, not just the SEMA or internet pics I've seen. Please post some more pics, especially a hood shot, if possible? I'm a little afraid the BRM is not going to look 'blue' enough...what do you think?
Come on 4/14....get here in a hurry!
For me, the BRM needed to be more blue. These are some of the 'details' being done at the dealership. (I will post pics when it's done...)

KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #28
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Thanks for the extra pics, KevinK.
I was afraid from a distance, the BRM might look almost black-ish blue.
I told my hubby if worse comes to worse, we'll get our paint guy to repaint the blue to make it more like a cobalt blue. I still think that would look good with the interior; food for thought.
I'm still not sorry I ordered it sight unseen....that's how bad I wanted the SSE...LOL.

The vert is quite an eye catcher for sure, with that blue top. You can't go wrong with Blue and White....just a clean and vibrant look.

Congrats on your new ride. she's a real beauty!

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 03-25-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote