Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 AM   #15
mcp1990

Drives: 07 charger RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
mcp1990

One thing to remember is not all 1LE's will come with the Dual Mode Exhaust - like you said, it's a must!
Yeah it will NOT buy one with NPP and then immediately buy the mild 2 wild kit for it.
mcp1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:43 AM   #16
mcp1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by honor first View Post
if i didnt owe more than mine is worth id say buy mine. but yeah 1le is great. i wish i hadnt sold my 1le wheels, i think they are worth the package alone. such badass wheels. but i sold them for 3600 (when the wheels were rarer) so it paid for the 1le package.

i know if you do get a SS, a lot of 1le owners sell their suspensions, and vendors sell 1le packages new. so either way you should be able to achieve what you want regardless of what route you go.
Thanks for the input and advise. I appricate it.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 AM   #17
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I think the 1LE package is so important that I was willing to give up all other options to have it...and am very happy with my choice. My only difference is in our opinion of the NPP. Noise without performance is useless in my opinion, but I know I am i the minority.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1990 View Post
Really? I was told by an unreliable source that it got about a 2 tenthes quicker time.
It has slightly more aggressive gearing. 3.91's come in the rear and the first few gears in the tranny are a touch more aggressive. That's really the only "straight line speed" advantage. Note it'll come with higher cruising RPM's on the highway, so fuel economy is hit for the slightly increased straight line speed.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Really? I was told by an unreliable source that it got about a 2 tenthes quicker time. Good to know though. Still want to feel a 1 G turn and I may have to tape up the car and see what it does at the local auto X once.

I'm new to Camaros so I don't know much and don't have much memorized yet since I just switched from mustang to a soon to be Camaro, but what are the difference in gears on the 2SS/RS vs. 2SS/1LE. I could search it bit since I've got you guys here already why bother.
I believe that the 1LE is actually slower by 2 tenths because of the gearing.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #20
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
1LE at the minimum...all other options to your liking/budget
Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
So I'm finally working my way to being in the market for a 2013 2SS/RS Camaro preferably. I want handling even though it won't be tracked or driven much ever except on weekends and to car meets and car shows. I was thinking summit white is going to be the color I shoot for. Dual mode exhaust is a must. So I'm looking at around $35k-$36k if I'm patient enough.

Or would the better option just be buying a 2012-2013 2SS/RS? How much faster and how much better does the 1LE handle? Is it worth the extra money? And why do I see people selling 2013 2ss/rs Camaros for around the same price as a 1LE?

Someone with experience with both packages that is willing to lend some helpful advice would be greatly appricated.

Thanks
The trade in values on these are around $30K, so if you are patient you can do better than $35-6.

If good handling and/or tracking is a top priority then the 1LE is the one to look for. If just cruising or drag racing then the standard SS is the better choice. It still handles well, and has a better ride. If you just like the wheels the aftermarket can help.

The 1LE is not any faster than the standard SS in a straight line, but on a track with curves it will run and hide from a standard SS if you know how to drive it.

I have owned one of each. I much prefer the 1LE, love the handling, although I did mod the suspension on the '11 SS. So it was no slouch.

Also know you can buy the 1LE suspension cheap if you find a really good deal on the standard SS. I am not a fan of the 1LE Goodyears. You cannot drive on them when the temps dip below 25F and they are very slippery when cold. There are much better compromise tires out there.

Both of my build threads may help with your decision.

Last edited by Fraxum; 03-19-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #22
mcp1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The trade in values on these are around $30K, so if you are patient you can do better than $35-6.

If good handling and/or tracking is a top priority then the 1LE is the one to look for. If just cruising or drag racing then the standard SS is the better choice. It still handles well, and has a better ride. If you just like the wheels the aftermarket can help.

The 1LE is not any faster than the standard SS in a straight line, but on a track with curves it will run and hide from a standard SS if you know how to drive it.

I have owned one of each. I much prefer the 1LE, love the handling, although I did mod the suspension on the '11 SS. So it was no slouch.

Also know you can buy the 1LE suspension cheap if you find a really good deal on the standard SS. I am not a fan of the 1LE Goodyears. You cannot drive on them when the temps dip below 25F and they are very slippery when cold. There are much better compromise tires out there.

Both of my build threads may help with your decision.
Very helpful input thanks a lot. I do think I'm going to wait until the right summit white 2ss/rs/ 1le. I don't think I'll settle for any other color unless I find a great deal on an inferno orange. I just know that I'll retreat not getting a 1le in the long run. An the dual mode exhaust is a must for me.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #23
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Very helpful input thanks a lot. I do think I'm going to wait until the right summit white 2ss/rs/ 1le. I don't think I'll settle for any other color unless I find a great deal on an inferno orange. I just know that I'll retreat not getting a 1le in the long run. An the dual mode exhaust is a must for me.
IOM + NPP FTW!

Yes! don't settle. You know what happens when you do that.......
Old 03-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #24
1fast1le
1LE.SS

Drives: '13 2ss/1LE
I am the proud new owner of a '13 summit white 2ss/rs 1le w/npp, I have owned many year models of camaros, firebirds,mustangs and fast pick-ups, with that being said, this car is amazing-put to shame the '14 ss I drove prior to driving this...........DON'T SETTLE!!!! "If you have the means I highly recommend getting one"
1fast1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I owned a '14 2SS/RS, and traded it in for a '14 2SS/RS/1LE. If I had to choose between RS and 1LE, I would go with 1LE because I value handling and performance over the RS stuff. NPP is a must, and I love the recaros. If you're tall, consider finding one without a sunroof (especially if you might want to take it to the track). Good luck!
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 PM   #26
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
1LE and as stated NPP but also you will want the Recaro Seats for resale alone...
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #27
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
They are about to release recaros as a dealer accessory item. Wont be only 2014 cars with them anymore. Cant wait to buy a set for mine.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #28
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Do all of the 2014 SS's w/auto have the AFM feature?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote