Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Funny to me that one dealer said " pay a deductible" and the other said " no problem we can take care of that for you"

If it walks line a duck and quacks like a duck then......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because it all depends on the Service Manager. Some will goodwill the entire repair others will goodwill the repair but make the customer pay a part of it (deductible).
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Fair enough... And thank you for breaking it down. Those both are decent explanations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #17
Beaukz28

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Very simple. All the dealers have the same tools for calculating the amount a customer has to contribute toward an out of warranty repair. Some dealers choose to override that amount for certain reasons. Maybe you are a good customer to them that bought and serviced your car with them and they want to help you out. Maybe they just want to treat you better to earn your business and steal you as a customer.
There is also a lot behind the scenes. Maybe the first dealer has terrible warranty number with gm and/or has been audited and has lost the ability to override the deductible amount. Maybe the other dealer has excellent warranty scores with GM and they are allowed to override the deductible to help who they want. They are all independent businesses.
There is only so much warranty many to spend before a dealer gets in trouble. And let's face it, probably 20% of the customers that come through the door out of warranty don't think they should have to pay. Some just have to be told no it's not covered. Everybody can't get full coverage out of warranty just because they don't think they should have to pay. If cover as much as I can for good sales and service customers first. If there is money left I may help a nice customer out. If you didn't buy here or service here. Probably moving on to someone else. Hope this helps. Sometimes it helps to have a dealers perspective.
Beaukz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #18
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaukz28 View Post
Very simple. All the dealers have the same tools for calculating the amount a customer has to contribute toward an out of warranty repair. Some dealers choose to override that amount for certain reasons. Maybe you are a good customer to them that bought and serviced your car with them and they want to help you out. Maybe they just want to treat you better to earn your business and steal you as a customer.
There is also a lot behind the scenes. Maybe the first dealer has terrible warranty number with gm and/or has been audited and has lost the ability to override the deductible amount. Maybe the other dealer has excellent warranty scores with GM and they are allowed to override the deductible to help who they want. They are all independent businesses.
There is only so much warranty many to spend before a dealer gets in trouble. And let's face it, probably 20% of the customers that come through the door out of warranty don't think they should have to pay. Some just have to be told no it's not covered. Everybody can't get full coverage out of warranty just because they don't think they should have to pay. If cover as much as I can for good sales and service customers first. If there is money left I may help a nice customer out. If you didn't buy here or service here. Probably moving on to someone else. Hope this helps. Sometimes it helps to have a dealers perspective.
Great explanation also. Thanks guys, I have a much better understanding now.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote