Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Sanctity of marriage right thurrrrrr

I wonder if there's a correlation...more car swapping = more wife swapping? I hope not.
Sorry to burst your bubble on the sanctity of marriage, Padre.
Why don't you do some testing on your hypothesis regarding a correlation, and get right back to me.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
The flip side would be, "Which has more miles, your car or your wife?!"
now this was funny
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #17
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
I love my 2010 Camaro ss to death! It's been there with me through alot. But at one point I did feel like like trading it for a zl1 but then I started modding it more and became more fun and I'm not done yet with my things to do.

-"Ride or Die."
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble on the sanctity of marriage, Padre.
Why don't you do some testing on your hypothesis regarding a correlation, and get right back to me.
TX/ZL1; I am not your father

I think you meant "compadre".

But that's why I was curious if there IS a correlation. I don't have a wife. I hear they are expensive.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #19
TX/ZL1

Quote:
TX/ZL1; I am not your father

I think you meant "compadre".

But that's why I was curious if there IS a correlation. I don't have a wife. I hear they are expensive.
Point of clarification...
"Padre", Priest; one who passes judgment on issues of morality....Yes, that's what I meant.
"Compadre", Close friend......No, that's not what I meant.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #20
Evergreen6
Banned

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX/ZL1 View Post
Point of clarification...
"Padre", Priest; one who passes judgment on issues of morality....Yes, that's what I meant.
"Compadre", Close friend......No, that's not what I meant.
Oh ho. Noooope, not a priest.

C'Mon man, lighten up, it's Friday!

Last edited by Evergreen6; 10-03-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #21
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
People trade in their cars...

- bored of it and want something newer or different
- need to reduce cost, total cost meaning gas, tires, payments, etc.
- life event change and need something more practical for job and/or family
- reliability, costs to keep it running outweigh cost of a newer car. Like any older bmw :-)
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #22
TX/ZL1

Quote:
Oh ho. Noooope, not a priest.

C'Mon man, lighten up, it's Friday!
It's all good.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
Whoomba

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Well, I'm definitely in the minority here. Have a 98 truck I bought new. Kids are gone so I can afford the camaro. It will probably be the last car I buy.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #24
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
I bought mine last Saturday for my 50th birthday. It will be a pampered fun modded severely weekend car. It will probably be with me for many fun years. I wouldn't daily drive a camaro or a corvette though. It's not a practical every day car.
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #25
Whoomba

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
I bought mine last Saturday for my 50th birthday. It will be a pampered fun modded severely weekend car. It will probably be with me for many fun years. I wouldn't daily drive a camaro or a corvette though. It's not a practical every day car.
Not trying to be smart, just want to know. What do you call a daily driver. Mine is. Hasn't gotten old yet. Put the top down today and really enjoyed the commute home.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #26
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
I struggle with mine. I've had so many problems with it that I'm just kind of feeling over the whole "performance car" thing. I love how it looks. When it's working, it's a lot of fun to drive.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #27
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
A few things have soured my love affair with my camaro, the first issue was that I innitially bought a black 2Ls, I was stoked it was my first new car and it kicked ass, but I always found myself wanting the rest of the goodies in the RS package, so I traded for a 2014 2Lt Rs, in silver so it would t be such a pain in the ass to keep immaculate, I absolutely love what the extras in the Rs package do for the car but the difference in gas mileage between both cars is just mind boggling (mostly city driving 8 miles back and forth mon-friday) and im getting about the same as the V8 guys get, and trust me when i say I drive like a granny, im not in a hurry to get to work, which brings me to the second issue, this car is a ticket magnet, 2 so far and for going no more than 5 over the posted limit, same speed as the surrounding traffic, being stopped with 2 other cars and singled out. Both tickets dismissed but i still had to deal with ticket clinic and court costs :(
Next issue: It got broken into a couple months back and until just last week I was dealing with issues regarding a water leak that my GM dealership ended up fixing instead of the insurance recomended shop, but i still have some scratches and other scuffs that the theif left behind.
3rd issue I have a beautiful 9 month old daughter who likes to go places with daddy and mommy, but bringing along all the baby gear stroller, car seat, baby bag, formula, snacks, diapers etc etc, in the camaro is just like when someone scratches their nails on a chalk board (to those of us who like to keep our cars operating room clean inside, and prefer our wives not naggging about how cramped or uncomfortable the back seat is) to make matters worse the GM dealership did me a solid and gave me quite the loaner for the weekend while they fixed the leak. They lent me a Chevy Traverse, its got seating for 60 of your closest friends and their extended family plus room for all of Metallica's stage equipment and it gets decent mileage for an SUV, all this on a weekend where I found myself having to do a few more chores and stuff than we regularly do, and of course mommy was thrilled at the spacious interior. I on the other hand am going to schedule an MRI i think I ended up with some brain damage or something because I was actually considering the practicality of such a Dadmobile...
Not me, but someone else i knew had a 2012 ls that kept giving them trouble with the torque converter and they dealt with the issue to the point that they ended up going with a different car.
With all this however I still love walking out to the parking lot, seeing that beautiful silver car over there and realizing that its all mine to drive
I feel like a fighter pilot walking down the tarmac all suited up and ready to get into his bad ass fighter interceptor going on a combat air patrol...except im usually in scrubs, headed to work in morning rush hour trafffic doing 15mph, (Yup, just like a fighter pilot!!!) I wish the HUD had a crosshairs setting and you could use the shifter tabs to make machine gun noises.....
Old 10-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #28
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
I struggle with mine. I've had so many problems with it that I'm just kind of feeling over the whole "performance car" thing. I love how it looks. When it's working, it's a lot of fun to drive.
Is yours modded, or are these factory issues you are having?
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote