Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 02-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #15
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Does it share the same holes as the OEM high wing?
I honestly don't know haven't actually seen bolt pattern of either wing yet. Maybe someone else has an answer for that.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #16
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
Yeah that looks like the one. Didn't know they made one or I would have bought from here instead. They should advertise it as a firebreather style wing so when people search for firebreather spoiler it would come up. I seen the spoiler named as firebreather but never seen in any of the forums or topics that this spoiler existed. Oh well live and learn.

Our Aeroblade is similar to the Firebreather, but a bit smaller and lighter. If you feel like reading through pages of info, here is the interest thread we started a couple years ago for the Aeroblade:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=aeroblade

Its available for sale on our website: www.rideskinz.com/products

Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #17
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Our Aeroblade is similar to the Firebreather, but a bit smaller and lighter. If you feel like reading through pages of info, here is the interest thread we started a couple years ago for the Aeroblade:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=aeroblade

Its available for sale on our website: www.rideskinz.com/products

I read through that thread and your wing looks good. I probably would have settled for that and bought it if I hadn't found the firebreather. I do kinda like the v shaped downward shape in the middle. It kinda makes it look less like high wing spoiler and it's subtle enough to not be hugely noticeable. Didn't know or think it would be 15 lbs though. Do you remember what it was made of? I was assuming fiberglass.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #18
Rideskinz

Quote:
I read through that thread and your wing looks good. I probably would have settled for that and bought it if I hadn't found the firebreather. I do kinda like the v shaped downward shape in the middle. It kinda makes it look less like high wing spoiler and it's subtle enough to not be hugely noticeable. Didn't know or think it would be 15 lbs though. Do you remember what it was made of? I was assuming fiberglass.
Yeah its made of fiberglass. Probably chopped strand polyester resin which is why it weighs so much. It does weigh the trunk down quite a bit. We had one installed and the trunk lid struts barely held up the trunk. I wouldn't want to be under the trunk when the struts fail. We have a couple carbon fiber Aeroblades that are available if you're interested. Weight is approximately 4-5 pounds
Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #19
Scooter18155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Yeah its made of fiberglass. Probably chopped strand polyester resin which is why it weighs so much. It does weigh the trunk down quite a bit. We had one installed and the trunk lid struts barely held up the trunk. I wouldn't want to be under the trunk when the struts fail. We have a couple carbon fiber Aeroblades that are available if you're interested. Weight is approximately 4-5 pounds
Well I'm putting on a carbon fiber trunk panel at same time as wing so hopefully weight savings there will help the weight situation. My funds for upgrades about maxed right now so can't pull the trigger yet. I'm Going to wait until the firebreather arrives see how heavy it is etc. the guy I talked to from the site I bought from said the company he gets them from makes them on order so maybe it's not from original company and lighter? I have no idea just an idea considering the original manufacturer was rumored not to make it for anything but a complete car kit and won't sell just the spoiler. If you look at the site it's German so don't get anything from description as far as if it's fiberglass or what as I don't speak German. The guy I was corresponding with from the site via email does seem to speak decent english but never asked of its composition. I buying it for its looks rather then weight savings or performance.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #20
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
I like the aeroblades but man a little Outa budget at the moment.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #21
Scooter18155

Firebreather arrived today. This shipped directly from original manufacturer I believe. The guy who runs that German website must have connections with original maker as it came with all their original papers and instructions. It definitely shipped here from stateside not from Germany. Also look at pic below for condition comments. This thing is pretty big. can I ask anybody that has this have you mounted it with the back edge level with the back of the car? Or did you mount it so the back hangs off the back of the car a little bit?

Pic from back of my car with it laying on the trunk unbolted
Attached Images

Last edited by Scooter18155; 03-05-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #22
Scooter18155

Pic from side towards the top. This is where it is big it goes toward the window a lot.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #23
Scooter18155

Not exactly happy about this as this is how it arrived the wing was just wrapped in that soft cushy wrap no styrofoam or bubble wrap. So be aware they don't package very well. The box it came in didn't look damaged at all but looks like the box got bumped around and dropped and corner took a hit. I gotta admit out of all the stuff I ordered through the years this is only the second damaged item I've recieved. The first I bought a winch for my jeep and the controller got crunched up.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2015, 11:26 PM   #24
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Not exactly happy about this as this is how it arrived the wing was just wrapped in that soft cushy wrap no styrofoam or bubble wrap. So be aware they don't package very well. The box it came in didn't look damaged at all but looks like the box got bumped around and dropped and corner took a hit. I gotta admit out of all the stuff I ordered through the years this is only the second damaged item I've recieved. The first I bought a winch for my jeep and the controller got crunched up.
ouch, I would return it and get the rideskinz
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
Rideskinz

Here is our Rideskinz Aeroblade:

Side by side comparison Aeroblade prototype (black) vs. Firebreather (Yellow):

Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #26
Rideskinz

Quote:
Firebreather arrived today. This shipped directly from original manufacturer I believe. The guy who runs that German website must have connections with original maker as it came with all their original papers and instructions. It definitely shipped here from stateside not from Germany. Also look at pic below for condition comments. This thing is pretty big. can I ask anybody that has this have you mounted it with the back edge level with the back of the car? Or did you mount it so the back hangs off the back of the car a little bit?

Pic from back of my car with it laying on the trunk unbolted
Did you do any sanding/add body filler to the wing or did it come shipped like that?
Old 03-06-2015, 01:03 PM   #27
Scooter18155

That's how it shipped. Took it out of box put on car took the pics. No work done by me.

If your seeing the area on that corner off color there is a few spots that look that way on the wing. That's the only spot cracked/dinged though
Old 03-06-2015, 01:23 PM   #28
Rideskinz

Quote:
That's how it shipped. Took it out of box put on car took the pics. No work done by me.

If your seeing the area on that corner off color there is a few spots that look that way on the wing. That's the only spot cracked/dinged though
Just saw some spots where they added body filler (pink). Looks like they repaired the seam where the two pieces come together and never primered it before it shipped out. Shouldn't be too hard for a qualified body shop to fix the corner. Make sure they don't charge too much though.