Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
As others have said....this had nothing to do with your car, so get over yourself. It had to do with the fact you were speeding at a time when many on the road may be overserved. Instead of being frustrated with the cop, you might want to consider yourself lucky that you were not given a ticket, which he had every right in the world to do. He let you slide on that because he was more concerned with getting an impaired driver off the road. Not always a huge cop fan, but this guy seemed pretty cool.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:07 AM   #16
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I've never had a problem in my camaro..its loud and proud. I've been driving for 30 years. I've had rolling markers done on me in every vehicle I own. I was pulled over in my old mini van after putting air in my tire. The cop drove by..saw me then waited down the road for me to go by. What happened to you was nothing out of the ordinary.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #17
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Seriously? You feel victimized? First off... a technicality: there is no such thing as "a green stoplight". Secondly... you may have been speeding (55 in a 45 or 50 - you don't know) in which case, he cut you some slack and didn't stop you. Third point... cops can't make "an illegal right turn" when they are in the process of running down a potential violator.

Lastly... I suspect you were speeding, probably 10 over the limit, and he just tailed you for a while to see if you were driving okay (not swerving, etc.). It took him a couple of miles to run your plate. After all, it was 1AM and virtually no one else out at that time. You could have been drunk. It's what they do. It's their job. He wasn't picking on you because you drive a Camaro.

I like the part about the green stop light though.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:39 AM   #18
TheCrucifiXioN

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS
Believe it or not, but I have actually had a cop try and race me on my way home from work one time (mind you, I work the night shift and don't get off until 4:30 AM). I couldn't help but notice he passed me in the left lane almost immediately after he saw me. We soon approached a stop light and were side by side. I knew better than to do anything that would make him pull me over. Once the light turned green, we were in cruise control going the speed limit and he soon just took off on me. Needless to say, I definitely wasn't expecting anything like that to happen lol.
ECS supercharger - Alky control meth - American Racing 1 7/8" headers - Stainless Works Retro Chambered catback exhaust - Elite Engineering catch can - ported throttle body - ported intake manifold - BMR trailing arms - 540/504

More to come!
TheCrucifiXioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #19
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Has nothing to do with the car, when I had my Mercedes SUV, we were coming home from a local theme park at 1 am, and I was dropping off another family, as soon as I turned into the residential area, I was tailed by a Williamson County Sheriff all the way till I dropped them off at their house. He was just waiting for a reason to pull me over, once he knew I wasn't going to do anything wrong, he just left. Like it was said above, its a game, to see if you give them a reason to pull you over, Im sure it breaks up their night of driving around in circle.s
Old 08-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I've found that it doesn't matter what you drive at certain times. Your chances of being pulled over go up exponentially after about 9:00pm. And up by another order of magnitude after midnight. Fortunately, I'm too old to stay up that late nowadays. But not too old to drive a Camaro!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #21
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Ive never been messed with by police unless it was deserved. I live in MA, one of the most intense state police you can imagine.
^this. Got pulled over on the Mass Pike once by Boris Karloff. Put a couple of bolts in that dude's neck and he's a dead ringer for Frankenstein.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
He was bored. And it happens with all flashy cars.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #23
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
You think you had a tough day.........http://youtu.be/-nqGRd1twNc
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #24
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
And that's the way it is. Right on the money.

Agreed. More arrest's occur from just this type of paying attention and finding a recently stolen or suspect in a crime. OP, you should drive a Corvette or exotic and see the attention it draws! LEO's here, how many of you find drugs/alcohol or other evidence of criminal activity when you pull someone over for a minor infraction? As long as we are not harassed outright, I like to see our Police paying attention. Now if they would only follow up on the thefts and other crime we report and only a initial report is taken and no follow up, and then the next month it happens again and we get frustrated and quit reporting them (we have thefts all the time from vehicles around where I work...same story all the time, turn the report in to insurance. That is what I am frustrated with). Stake out the high crime area's as much as traffic patrol and get these scum off the streets!
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #25
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Put yourself in his (the cop) shoes... Its 1 am, donut shops arent open yet, bored, trying to stay awake, an then a car (any car really, wouldnt have to be a Camaro) drive by - quoting you: "I was speeding" - would you not at least check it out, in any case, for the safety of others and 'yourself'?

Kudos to the officer for not being a dick, and keeping the roads safe by just observation.....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #26
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Over 30 years of driving over 100 different sports and muscle cars and not a single ticket here.

Why?

Many reasons, but one of them is that if I see a cop behind me... I don't speed.

Duh.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #27
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Over 30 years of driving over 100 different sports and muscle cars and not a single ticket here.

Why?

Many reasons, but one of them is that if I see a cop behind me... I don't speed.

Duh.

What? I thought you are supposed to drop a gear and go sideways as you speed off trying to get away?

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #28
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Cops don't bother me much. I don't even have my tags on my license plate... I carry them in my wallet. Ever since someone stole my rear plate I've hesitating adding my tags.

Anyway, as some of you may know, I've been stopped only twice on this ride. Both times speeding, but only got tickets for tinted windows both times.

I think we do grab their attention more than other cars in traffic, but depending on how you're driving (at least around here), they tend to leave you alone. Might even get the occasional thumbs up from CHiPs...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote