Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #15
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
I have Allstate for all my cars and my home insurance.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:04 PM   #16
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Im with USAA, checked my policy after hearing all this, and they have it as a 1SS, i can only imagine the shit storm had i got in an accident in the past year.

I did the online Hagerty price quote, it came out as $2250 a year. That was on a $75k agreed value.

I will be calling both companies tomorrow, because i dont want to get dorked by usaa in the unlikely event something happens.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #17
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
Im with USAA, checked my policy after hearing all this, and they have it as a 1SS, i can only imagine the shit storm had i got in an accident in the past year.

I did the online Hagerty price quote, it came out as $2250 a year. That was on a $75k agreed value.

I will be calling both companies tomorrow, because i dont want to get dorked by usaa in the unlikely event something happens.
That would have been a huge mess for sure. I do use Usaa for my regular cars, but anything that is out of the norm I use Grundy with and agreed value. USAA is a decent company, but not what they used to be. They depreciate everything and overcharge like crazy for home insurance. I questioned them on some of the coverages, for example why the rebuild cost they estimate and I pay for, far exceeded what I could just buy a new house for. Or why my 300000 dollar other structures would not cover my fence which it is supposed to cover. I can not opt out of the coverage , and have no items other than my fence surrounding my house. They offered 300 and needed an estimate to provide that. I declined as I would lose most of that just taking the time off of work to get it in the first place. I asked the rep why and was told I would receive full replacement only if the fence was brand new.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:54 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
No way I would go away from ANY company that does not OFFER AGREED VALUE. Big difference between agreed value and market value at the end of the day. You total your car or it's stolen your agreed value will pay you just that the agreed value you asked for in your case $65k at the market value will give you the going rate for the market on used Z/28's if they can even find them. You might pull $52k from insurance that's a $15k loss to just save a few $$$.

I have had Grundy since 2003 on my 01 Z/28, and 2012 on my 2010 Camaro. No way I would ever switch.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:34 AM   #19
davethewave62

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
This thread is disturbing....

My policy has 'replacement value'. Not 'actual value'. It means that they will pay to replace the car, not come up with some bs excuse as to why they can't.

However and no matter what, insurance companies are money businesses. They do not produce anything, build anything, create anything. They are are there to take your money and put it in a pot with everyone elses. And when there is a claim, then they use that money in the pot to pay for the claim.... Now, they want to keep that pot as big as possible and they WILL try to lowball. Nothing is ever set in stone, no matter what they say. "It's the best we can do, we are doing you a favor!" means nothing....
And there's even more - they invest "our" money. They buy properties, stock and other commodities. They make more money off of our money than we do.

Then, as you have stated, they pay out almost whatever they want. Though in some states, there may be a minimum, as to how low the payout can be.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:43 AM   #20
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Insurance companies are full of crap.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #21
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
The insurance industry is the richest industry in the world. Yes, bigger than anything...including the oil industry and the federal government.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #22
ZapperZ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE 2022 GMC AT4 HD
Any of the for-mentioned companies include track time?
State Farm is my carrier but haven't contacted them yet
as to whether they cover tracking or not.
ZapperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #23
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapperZ View Post
Any of the for-mentioned companies include track time?
State Farm is my carrier but haven't contacted them yet
as to whether they cover tracking or not.

No, not ever.

You need to be looking at Lockton Motorsports or someone similar.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #24
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
I have Allstate for all my cars and my home insurance.
If you vehicle is not a daily driver, you need to drop Allstate asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post

Look at Grundy's and for sure (cannot stress this enough), find an independent agent who can shop this arena for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
This thread is disturbing....

My policy has 'replacement value'. Not 'actual value'. It means that they will pay to replace the car, not come up with some bs excuse as to why they can't. ....
Some states have passed laws to enforce "replacement value" in a minimal-istic effort to protect consumers, however be careful with the phrase "will pay to replace the car". Insurance companies will indeed cut a check, even if one is not for sale. Yea, let that one sink in a minute. If your Z is not a daily driver, please do yourself the protection and get a stated value policy.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #25
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Got off the phone with Grundy, a $70k agreed value, full coverage for just over $1k a year. That would be a weekend or errand car only, and no trips to work unless i want to pay out of pocket. Has to be garaged.
Appreciate all the good info. Just saved a ton of money by switching.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #26
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Insurance companies are full of crap.
+1
Insurance companies are no more than a legal extortion business!
2015 Z/28 #642 Black Bad Ass
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #27
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I've worked in Insurance my whole life and this thread has me dying. People are saying how horrible Insurance companies are and how there full of crap and useless they are while still buying there policies..

You bitch and complain yet still buy insurance = hypocrite.

That's like me sitting here complaining how horrible and bad Mcdonalds is yet every day for lunch I go and get a Big Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark72 View Post
+1
Insurance companies are no more than a legal extortion business!
Right not on the auto side of business my company is losing $1.25 for every $1 it brings in. Auto losses and fraud is so horrible you people couldn't even imagine. Most companys are negative when it comes to auto loss... The only money made is on homes and businesses.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|

Last edited by Battlezone580; 11-16-2015 at 11:53 AM.
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #28
Hot Rod SS

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS
AAA for 4 cars and 2 houses. Progressive for my Harley. Hagerty for 6 collector cars.

2014 2SS 6M ADM LSA, CAI, BTR Stage II, Kooks, Bo White TB, 610/522 and a bunch of BMR Suspension stuff
Hot Rod SS is offline   Reply With Quote