Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
i dont get it... why are you guys so upset with dealers selling the cars for 1 bajillion dollars... if people are willing to spend that type of money thats thier business, its thier money.

there are people that know what the MSRP price is... but because of convenience they will pay the extra money...

if my dealer was charging me 2000$ extra for the exact car i built that was on the floor... guess what. instead of ordering on july 23rd and watching the clouds go by... id have paid the extra money and driven the car off the lot...

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
Cryptos

Drives: 1989 Honda CRX Si
I've made mention of this before especially in Hawaii we have dealerships trying to sell base 2SS models for $55k+. I mean when you go to dealerships around here it's generally understood you'll probably pay a bit more then MSRP so for the uninformed buyer they can normally figure a few thousand off the sticker price would put them pretty close to what MSRP is, however when they are marking them up over $20k more then what the product is actually worth I tend to feel a bit betrayed by my dealerships.

I do agree with Cloud however sometimes its worth it to pay a bit more to get the instant gratification but 75% markup is a little extreme.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #17
fastscout

Drives: 18' hbm 2ss conv.
this is just my opinion, but to be honest...was I willing to pay 2-3k over msrp or wait 2 monthes for my car....I paid and willingly. also, tbh, in my area EVERYONE is charging 3-5k over msrp for 600 miles around. I'm driving my car{exactly my car same as I would have ordered} while alot of people are still waiting to have theirs built and delivered......worth the price to me, maybe not to everyone, but to me it was.
fastscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #18
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 rs/ss View Post
WOW that is a GREAT deal......
And it's a DEMO. already abused..Great........
Maybe he would take another 2k and tint the windows......

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
What sucks is most dealers could care less if you've owned 3 camaros before, and this is your 4rth. When they weren't that popular they would give you a great deal, now is a different story. Regardless they could care less if you and others like you are the reason the nameplate kept going for so many years and with the great response from fans for the concept were the reason that It came back. No most of dealers(not mine) for the most part were completely clueless about the car up till a few months ago but now they think the are the know it alls for the camaro. The car has never ever been about big markups and screwing people it has always been the average guys corvette. Unlike the corvette price tag they have always been affordable. So why should I or anyone go ahead a pay the corvette price tag on a mass produced car, who's conservative production numbers were originally placed by GM around 150,000 cars a year. Another 3 to 5 months and they will be 5 or more on each lot to choose from. Heck I can see GM upping production to reach 200,000 or more units by adding another shift in a year or so. I know there's global demand for these cars and that may be the reason I still don't see as many camaros as challengers and even with a late start The Camaro may very well be above or near the total challenger production totals since it was reinvented in 2008. That in six months of production. So I say whatever to over priced and uneducated dealers out there. When you screw you client he will just go elsewhere now and next time. Anyhow I'm happily enjoying my 2SS/RS for less than MSRP thanks Matt if you read this for being a stand up guy. Garber Chevrolet in Midland if anyone wants to know.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #20
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Rare 6 speed... That's funny
Old 09-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #21
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
People will pay wahtever they wish to pay. It is a part of the 'free enterprise" system

Having said that , I still maintain that if you are one of those folks who will pay whatever price you can to get a given item. Go ahead. That's your perogative.

I for one would never consider paying over sticker for anything.

If I want it that bad, it would be worth the wait.

Why get into such a tizzy over it. Just like teh PT Cruiser it will all level off and go away.

The Average Consumer while having questionable tastes at times, won't perpetuate these kinds of prices.

Ain't nothin' to get upset about anymore.

This has been beaten to death on here. Sorry, but that's just my take on it.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastscout View Post
this is just my opinion, but to be honest...was I willing to pay 2-3k over msrp or wait 2 monthes for my car....I paid and willingly. also, tbh, in my area EVERYONE is charging 3-5k over msrp for 600 miles around. I'm driving my car{exactly my car same as I would have ordered} while alot of people are still waiting to have theirs built and delivered......worth the price to me, maybe not to everyone, but to me it was.
Not to knock you or your decision making but you could have gotten the car cheaper elsewhere it is just a matter of looking around to get the best deal and not giving up. I went with a dealership in Michigan that allowed me to use college grad discount and my old GM world card to take an additional 3500 off. The dropped shipped it down here to bot at no extra cost direct from GM. Trust me the market down here isn't easy some dealerships were asking for 15 thousand over the norm was 10. I got my car July 3rd ordered to my specs and did not sacrifice anything.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #23
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Talking

People, I was quoted M.S.R.P. for my LS and that's what I paid. If my dealer asked for more I would've told him to shove it and I know I could get the deal I wanted elsewhere. There are about 10 to 15 dealers just near me.
If you paid over then that's your fault.
If a car sits on the lot they don't make money and eventually they smarten up and sell it right. JMO
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #24
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
These dealers don't make any sense. If it were a true "supply/demand " scenario, then how come all the dealers aren't over sticker price? We all know supply is increasing substantially and there are hundreds of dealers selling at or below sticker, and they are selling alot of them. Some dealers are selling 30 Camaro's a month in Michigan, a state crushed by the economy, while there are idiot dealers TRYING to sell for thousands over sticker. If I were a salesman, I would rather sell 15 cars a month at retail price and bring home a nice check for my family so they can eat then have to try to justify to customers why their dealership is so overpriced while their family starves.
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #25
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
dealers have every right to stick whatever price they want on the product they are selling. People who are willing to PAY whatever that price is ARE NOT STUPID. If they have the money and can afford and willing to pay the price, trust me, those people likely have more brains than you and me! Get over it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #26
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
People who pay more than MSRP for any car, I don't care if its a Ferrari Enzo, have more money than brains.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #27
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
What I don't understand is where did these dealers get the idea that 5k-10k over MRSP is what the market could bear.

Oh, thats an easy question to answer.

Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Those who know me from this forum long enough know how ANTI dealer I am, even the good ones.....

This gives even more fuel to my fire that franchise laws be abolished and manufacturers start selling their cars themselves through a distribution network owned and managed strictly by the manufacturer.

It has NOTHING to do with whether or not one can afford a car if they mark up the price, because in all honesty, if one were buying and in the market for a car with an MSRP of $35k, they can for all intents afford $40k.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the excuse they use as supply and demand, when in actuality they are just robbing people.

It irritates the hell out of me.

However, there ARE those that are willing to sell at MSRP. In my book, it should either be MSRP or no selling at all.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote