Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
The APR splitter for the SS is different than it is for a ZL1. Mine was a big sheet that covered the entire underside of the front fascia.

Not relevant to your application but I mounted the rods through the bumper skin and supported them on the backside through the bumper support. I used large washers and drilled the holes through the exact center of the bumper support.

I had to use multiple rods due to the speeds I run. I ended up making my own rods with stock material. I had to cut them each to length and then use a pair of taps, one of which is reverse thread. This allows for full adjustability. I have to raise it all the way up for loading onto the trailer, and I can adjust it from 5+ inches above the ground down to right above three inches above the ground as needed. It might be ugly but it's functional in my case... Again this is due to the speeds I run...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #16
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The APR splitter for the SS is different than it is for a ZL1. Mine was a big sheet that covered the entire underside of the front fascia.

Not relevant to your application but I mounted the rods through the bumper skin and supported them on the backside through the bumper support. I used large washers and drilled the holes through the exact center of the bumper support.

I had to use multiple rods due to the speeds I run. I ended up making my own rods with stock material. I had to cut them each to length and then use a pair of taps, one of which is reverse thread. This allows for full adjustability. I have to raise it all the way up for loading onto the trailer, and I can adjust it from 5+ inches above the ground down to right above three inches above the ground as needed. It might be ugly but it's functional in my case... Again this is due to the speeds I run...
Looks like a car out of mad max. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:26 PM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Looks like a car out of mad max. lol
Maybe but its a hella lot faster....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #18
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm doing my ZL1 bumper conversion soon and I want to transfer my SS APR splitter to the ZL1 bumper. How long are the rods that come with the ZL1 kit? Could the rods be installed without removing the bumper? Thanks
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #19
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
I'm doing my ZL1 bumper conversion soon and I want to transfer my SS APR splitter to the ZL1 bumper. How long are the rods that come with the ZL1 kit? Could the rods be installed without removing the bumper? Thanks
In order: they're adjustable, and no
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote