Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #15
YamaMISSILE

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
You should blurr out his plate. Thats the only issue I'd have is someone posting my plates online.
It's not like EVERYONE driving down the road can see your plates. I never understood this issue for some. If someone wants to steal your car, they will (with or without seeing the plate online).

I know some of you will disagree. Alas, this is my opinion.

I am in the Army and have two Florida titled cars with Army plates.
98 Lexus GS400: N0 PT
15 Camaro Z/28: 913A (my military specialty)

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all.
YamaMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #16
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
I'm more concerned with his heavy ass steel door hitting my door. Not on purpose but on accident.
Exactly. I park way out in nowhereville for a reason
Old 05-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #17
YamaMISSILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Myself, I would be pissed. I don't want anyone parking next to Me I don't care what the car is. I pride myself on no nicks, dings or scratches (yet knock on wood). I never park My car next to anyone, not even family or friends.
The first thing I would have done if I came out would have been to closely inspect My drivers side door hoping you didn't have a passenger.
If you don't want anyone parking next to you, you might want to consider leaving it at home. Or perhaps never get out while you are driving. I try to park away from the masses, but sometimes it is unavoidable.

What is scarier than being parked next to is the fact that the Z/28 is pulled in face first. I've done that once. ONCE. And when I saw how close I came to damaging the front splitter, I said back it in. BACK IT IN, DUMMY!
Old 05-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #18
YamaMISSILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Exactly. I park way out in nowhereville for a reason
I've parked in nowhereville, and somehow others park there too. Probably because they wanted a closer look at the Z/28. You just can't win.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #19
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMISSILE View Post
If you don't want anyone parking next to you, you might want to consider leaving it at home. Or perhaps never get out while you are driving. I try to park away from the masses, but sometimes it is unavoidable.
If it is Unavoidable then I don't go or use another car or My Bike. My wife yells at Me all the time for this. My car doesn't go shopping or to malls or to concerts or out to dinner etc. When I am at work I have private parking that no one can get near Me.
As far as pulling in goes you would think GM would put a camera or front sensors on these cars! Especially the really expensive ones!
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #20
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMISSILE View Post
It's not like EVERYONE driving down the road can see your plates. I never understood this issue for some. If someone wants to steal your car, they will (with or without seeing the plate online).

I know some of you will disagree. Alas, this is my opinion.

I am in the Army and have two Florida titled cars with Army plates.
98 Lexus GS400: N0 PT
15 Camaro Z/28: 913A (my military specialty)

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend all.
OK but it's not his car. If you don't care that fine too but you posted your info yourself. I just like to be courteous about things like that.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #21
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Some crazy people in this thread... Lmao...

"Don't park near me!".... "Don't look at my car!"....

People nowadays are crazy man....

Op, dont sweat it... I'd feel "honored" to have a z/28 guy parking next to me like that and then also taking a picture of my turd.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Parking = Boasting (???) I'm lost on this one.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #23
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
I'm just surprised the driver of the other camaro didn't wait for you and then beg for a ride
Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #24
YamaMISSILE

Quote:
OK but it's not his car. If you don't care that fine too but you posted your info yourself. I just like to be courteous about things like that.
True. Point taken.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #25
nvydvr

Drives: 2015 Red Rock ZL1
I think it's cool... I'm a car guy... Most all cars and I park near other Camaro's when I see them cause it's the Camaro family not just ZL1's or Z28's etc... And I too park away from other cars because nobody will care for and/or respect your car like you do. That's not weird it's simply taking care and having pride in your ride. Just my $.02
nvydvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #26
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
There's no boasting in parking. If a nice car decides to park next to mine it let's me know they probably trust me not to slam my door into theirs, and as long as I'm given the same respect who cares? I purposely park far away and in safer spots, but if my only choice is either next to a plain car and next to another 5th gen (assuming there's not a bunch of nicks on the edge of their door) then I'd park next to the 5th or to any nice looking car.

Quote:
You should blurr out his plate. Thats the only issue I'd have is someone posting my plates online.
Oh no! Now there's people on the internet and people that see my car every time I drive it that know my plate number! They might look up my carfax! *GASP*
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:21 PM   #27
E. Bryant
Gearhead

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
I'm far more concerned with all the other pictures that are taken of my license plate every day.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6 - JRE 650 RWHP kit, AFCO heat exchanger, JPSS V4 aero, Z28 wheels for the twisties and Weld big-n-littles for the dragstrip.
11.193@128.13 in 515' DA
E. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #28
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
That has never been an issue. The real issue would be, writing your plate down while your car is parked, and "running the plate number and/or VIN". If that isn't enough for you, how about following you home while you aren't paying attention. To me those are good reasons to be paranoid!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote