Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKEDSS View Post
A hot cam i will not void your warrenty it is a gm performance parts....thats why most people want to go with a gm cam to keep there warrenty....I Know there is way better cams out there but with the way everything is going right now i dont want to risk loosing my warrenty....once it is up im sure ill go with a after market one.....is there a cam out there that you will get more hp than the 50hp they say you will get from the hot cam that you wont have to tune?

Not if you don't allow you dealer to install it. <-- Overpriced install for such a silly sized cam in my opinion. And even then GM themselves (NOT YOUR SERVICE WRITTER) better get it to your in writing in case something goes wrong.

See more here...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...in-an-ls3.html
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
its up the dealer to warrenty car or not.. unless it is actually the cam that breaks and needs to replace (highly doubt it haha)
GM rep doesnt come inspect the car to see what mods you have..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
The DEALER isn't the one providing the warranty on the original powertrain, GM is. Joe-Smo' dealership simply sells/fixes cars at GM's discretion. They are nothing more than a middle man in the car game. I doubt the cam will fail (which is covered by GM Performance Parts by the way up to a point), but if the tech. screws up the install? Well I promise you GM isn't going to be honoring the warranty just cause he works for them. You better get it in writing like I stated. I have seen a GM warranty rep. come out to tell service writter F* no on a warped head in a brand new GTO they installed a blower on for a customer. So yes they do/can send someone if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
its up the dealer to warrenty car or not.. unless it is actually the cam that breaks and needs to replace (highly doubt it haha)
GM rep doesnt come inspect the car to see what mods you have..
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #18
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
GM can and will send a rep on a camaro as for the ZR1 or Z06....Any time a car like these comes through the dealership GM will not let us open anything up until the rep comes out and looks at it in the car....After that they will let us open them up and before we repair or replace anything he will come out and inspect the parts....And yes a rep is the one that says yes or no on warrenty not us...Any major repairs they will send him......Small stuff like trim and lights they wont send him but when they see a motor knocking or trans problems bet your butt they will send him.....So most of your GMPP will be coverd but like 2tightwads said get some form showing they said they will honor it If the rep shoots it down and you have it in writing that the dealership is showing warrenty then they will have to pay for the repair...Aftermarket dont even bother taking your car in for repairs if you engine locks up or starts knocking....I have seen many claims get shot down because of headers and what not
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote