Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #15
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
If I had it to do all over again, I would've waited, paid off my trade at the time and bought an 08 or newer Corvette. But you know, there's no good that come from sitting around and wishing my past would get better. I do really enjoy the Camaro. I will say that I like the interior of my Camaro better than the C6 Corvette interior, hard plastic and all.

But the overall driving feel and ownership experience of a Corvette is a lot of fun. "Save the Wave".
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:03 AM   #16
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Well, I agree wholeheartedly, but the OP is a sixteen year old......there will be a lot of these threads.
lol!

What's funny is, right after I clicked the submit reply button, logic struck, compassion even, and I was like,

"Crap...prolly some dudes 14-16 year old son, playin' let's get some info for daddy's car..."

...and then I was like "aaww how cute", and then felt bad 😞 ...

But THEN, I was like ⚡⚡⚡ if I even dared imply he/she were a 14-16year old, a battle of Ego would quite possibly ensue, and then all hell would break loose in here 🖕 👉👈🏻🔨🔨🖕🏼🖕🏿🔥🔥⚡👊👊💥🚬🚬
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:39 AM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the reason I bought a Camaro is because I can't afford a Corvette. I think that's pretty common.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:27 AM   #18
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the reason I bought a Camaro is because I can't afford a Corvette. I think that's pretty common.
So true!

As impractical as I thought a Camaro was, I can fit in a third person, the trunk holds enough groceries for a week for three people, I can reach the back seat with my cooler to grab another beer, and I can stow camping gear for a weekend. I'm not afraid to drive off road, I don't care if it gets dirty and walnuts bounce off the roof.

And EVERY SINGLE TIME I get behind the wheel it is FUN!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:03 AM   #19
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
corvette is a bugger to get in and out of if like me your getting on a bit.
way hasher ride and only 2 seats..camaro is the better car for me by a country mile.
if going as fast as possible is your goal then vette
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #20
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
camaro is easier to get in and out of,you can haul a couple of midgets in the back seat.i looked at a 2004 vette at the same dealer i bought my 2015 camaro from.vette was approx.$5,000 cheaper but no warrantee.drove good,fast as hell but not as practical as the camaro IMO.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #21
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
lol!

What's funny is, right after I clicked the submit reply button, logic struck, compassion even, and I was like,

"Crap...prolly some dudes 14-16 year old son, playin' let's get some info for daddy's car..."

...and then I was like "aaww how cute", and then felt bad 😞 ...

But THEN, I was like ⚡⚡⚡ if I even dared imply he/she were a 14-16year old, a battle of Ego would quite possibly ensue, and then all hell would break loose in here 🖕 👉👈🏻🔨🔨🖕🏼🖕🏿🔥🔥⚡👊👊💥🚬🚬
No, your intuition is correct. The OP is a 16 year old (or has professed to be), and has been posting on here for a month or so....Seems he has a very generous family, and uncle who is a local small town police chief and a penchant for getting attention with his car....

The saga continues.....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
No, your intuition is correct. The OP is a 16 year old (or has professed to be), and has been posting on here for a month or so....Seems he has a very generous family, and uncle who is a local small town police chief and a penchant for getting attention with his car....

The saga continues.....
I find this odd. For a 16 year old in school, he sure hangs out here a lot. Doesn't leave him much time for school and girls. At 16, getting a passing grade while getting laid should be a far bigger priority than trolling. I guess I just don't get this new generation, and I'm only in my late 30s
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #23
LT1Zob

As for the issues some have raised about the vette, I'll say that the previous generations' issues of interior quality, harsh ride and entry/exit have all been addressed on the C7. Mine is a 16 with MRC, and yes, in "track" mode is will damage your spine on certain road surfaces, but in all other modes, especially touring, it offers an incredibly smooth ride, even on disgusting Michigan roads.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #24
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That is really a loaded question that doesn't have a good or accurate answer. It depends solely on what a buyer is expecting. Corvette will have more content and, on average, higher performance capabilities than the Camaro, as it has always been since the beginning.

What is a strangely good phenomena is that the Camaro has reached dangerously close to the Corvette in terms of performance since almost 20 years ago with the development of the LS series engine and technology. The LS1 f-body and the base vette were just milimeters away in terms of output and performance. Fast forward to 2013, and you see for the first time, since 1969, two camaro models that exceeded the power output and matched the performance characteristics of the base Corvette. That was quite an accomplishment for the Camaro brand, and it should make Camaro owners and the Camaro Development Team proud.

The short of it is, IMO, that there really isn't a good, better, or best. To me its levels of options, differences in structure, and a different target market that both cars are designed for, coming from the same manufacturer.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #25
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
Instructor of mine told me she had a patient with a broken hip, stayed 2 months in the hospital, the son came to pick her up in a corvette, popped the femur out of socket did some other damage as well trying to get into the vette had to stay for another 2 months.

Another patient got picked up in a camaro saw them the following week for followup.

I think these examples speak for themselves
Old 01-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #26
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
@ post#24

The chronological events is significant.

A mid-engine Corvette is beginning to make more sense.

It would even most likely void such title questions like this thread all together.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Corvette. That's a no brainer.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #28
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndnashlenz View Post
Instructor of mine told me she had a patient with a broken hip, stayed 2 months in the hospital, the son came to pick her up in a corvette, popped the femur out of socket did some other damage as well trying to get into the vette had to stay for another 2 months.

Another patient got picked up in a camaro saw them the following week for followup.

I think these examples speak for themselves

The medical facts stated here are irrefutable. You sir had to have been one of the original architects of Obamacare. If not, you missed your calling.