Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #15
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Undervalued because so many were bought and then traded in w/ low miles. Hard to sell brand new at anything close to MSRP when there are a lot of low mileage versions selling for mid $40s. However, many of us also capitalized on it. Anyway, that's the way it has played out till now. Sit tight. Values will rise.

And, that's not a knock on anyone who sold theirs. The car simply isn't for everyone. Some found that out the hard way.
Hey good luck on the car- really sorry to see you go from our little group; be sure to pop by occasionally to say hi!

Spot on Justified.
For me, is all about patience. I liken owning a '15 Z/28 to owning a bar of gold, only better..you get to do more than holding it and looking at it - you get to drive it. In time the prices will rise; those of us with them will be all smiles. 40 to 45 krugerrands may be worth the same; but they'll never give you the satisfaction of 6800 rpm shifts in an LS7; and all those comments in traffic or when you're getting gas.

Some of us are track rats, some of us daily drive, others a mix of the two. . I've been an enthusiast for years. My evil plan is autocrosses with the Tulsa Vette Set (and occasional Hallett track runs).

Our Z/28's will outcorner Vettes, C3/4/5/6's >>no challenge>> its a blast to watch their faces. And the 3.90 rear diff..you come out of a hole in an autocross like a rocket..there are a few that have changed their diff gearing but if they haven't it gives you can instant edge from turn to turn; and the LS7 and ceramic brakes complete the trifecta.

One engineer was pulling out a tape measure as he ooggled the front tire width. Its kinda perversely fun to hurt a few guys feelings who think Vettes are indestructible. We do our autocrosses at the old Stroud exit on I44 the Will Rogers turnpike. Theres a parking lot where the old shopping center was - before a tornado made like Dorthy's house into the sky. A little trac-wrap over freshly waxed car (or Xpel) and vavoom... you got like 16 mil of protection..no damage from small rock/pebbles. Whooo-yahhhhh!

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 06-09-2017 at 06:55 AM.
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #16
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Undervalued because so many were bought and then traded in w/ low miles. Hard to sell brand new at anything close to MSRP when there are a lot of low mileage versions selling for mid $40s. However, many of us also capitalized on it. Anyway, that's the way it has played out till now. Sit tight. Values will rise.

And, that's not a knock on anyone who sold theirs. The car simply isn't for everyone. Some found that out the hard way.
Good feedback !......
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #17
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
I'm not trying to stir any crap. I just have a legitimate question. Head to head with same driver (TT) what car is going to win, ZL1 or Z28?

I am tracking my ZL1 much more than driving it on the street. I am considering a switch if the Z28 is more suitable, long term on the track. I can't give up performance though. I don't care about AC although the seats in the ZL1 are amazingly comfortable.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:38 AM   #18
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I'm not trying to stir any crap. I just have a legitimate question. Head to head with same driver (TT) what car is going to win, ZL1 or Z28?

I am tracking my ZL1 much more than driving it on the street. I am considering a switch if the Z28 is more suitable, long term on the track. I can't give up performance though. I don't care about AC although the seats in the ZL1 are amazingly comfortable.
You're going to give up about 15 - 20 % accl throughout the rev range. It'll be less fun on the street but it'll sound like a monster. /28 reva higher and that last 1k rpm is heavenly 😇. You won't have issues with heat soak and can (at you're desire) push the car for 25+ min sessions all out without loosing power. The Z does have an advantage on track. 1:53.71 v 1:.56.58 at Milford.

Seats are super comfy but no mag ride / nav and if you go no ac then missing some speakers too. As an additional data point - I compared the new zl1 'ring lap to the Z/28's.... Z/28 kills the new zl1 in the corners and under braking. It's on YouTube. You can always do cam, intake, heads etc to bring power up down the road...
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:03 AM   #19
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post

I like to eat my cake and still have it too

If it were my choice it would be the ZL1 as its only marginally slower and you get all the bells and whistle.

I wonder when they did the test laps if they shod the ZL1 with Z/28 rims and tires?

To me that would be the only fair comparison.

Sorry OP to jack your thread.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #20
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
The last "pre production white w/o AC 1 of 4" sold for $42k a week and a half ago retail, the dealer over paid you by $4-6k so consider yourself fortunate.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #21
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
The last "pre production white w/o AC 1 of 4" sold for $42k a week and a half ago retail, the dealer over paid you by $4-6k so consider yourself fortunate.
Please post a link, because the OP had #69, which is exactly what you claim sold a week and a half ago.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #22
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
Please post a link, because the OP had #69, which is exactly what you claim sold a week and a half ago.
Maybe he means the 2015? The OP has #69 (14) in 15 there were only 4 CTF cars.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #23
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Nope....the last 2015 CTF is Black with A/C.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #24
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
There was another CTF 14 that sold a couple weeks ago for 41k, not sure if it was a non AC. car. Regardless,IMO the corner is turning on these, at least for very low mileage examples. When there were hundreds new on lot's,most dealers were more inclined to blow them out as they were easily available. Now, there are only a small handful new left and of those some are pretty scruffy. There is a huge disparity in what dealers are asking and wholesale book- in ultra low mileage cars as much as 10k. That is way out of whack, but they are collector cars now.They are pretty rare and you would be surprised what some are paying based on that scarcity. Non AC, black,and high mileage cars will stagnate for obvious reasons. We can throw stones at pricing on some who post their's here, but 90% of people buying them aren't reading these boards. If your looking for a deal your best hope is to scour the internet, find a dealer that takes one in on trade, doesn't know the market,lists it at book value and negotiate. I feel bad for private parties who are taking a bath on their's, but dealers never fall in love with the merchandise.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #25
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Quote:
Nope....the last 2015 CTF is Black with A/C.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495933

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
There was another CTF 14 that sold a couple weeks ago for 41k, not sure if it was a non AC. car. Regardless,IMO the corner is turning on these, at least for very low mileage examples. When there were hundreds new on lot's,most dealers were more inclined to blow them out as they were easily available. Now, there are only a small handful new left and of those some are pretty scruffy. There is a huge disparity in what dealers are asking and wholesale book- in ultra low mileage cars as much as 10k. That is way out of whack, but they are collector cars now.They are pretty rare and you would be surprised what some are paying based on that scarcity. Non AC, black,and high mileage cars will stagnate for obvious reasons. We can throw stones at pricing on some who post their's here, but 90% of people buying them aren't reading these boards. If your looking for a deal your best hope is to scour the internet, find a dealer that takes one in on trade, doesn't know the market,lists it at book value and negotiate. I feel bad for private parties who are taking a bath on their's, but dealers never fall in love with the merchandise.
This real world inventory data hasn't changed much since I posted it a week ago;
  • 20 New for $53-55k
  • 20 under 3k mi for under $48k
  • 20 under 10k mi for $45k
  • 20 over 10k mi for $41k
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #26
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495933

This real world inventory data hasn't changed much since I posted it a week ago;
  • 20 New for $53-55k
  • 20 under 3k mi for under $48k
  • 20 under 10k mi for $45k
  • 20 over 10k mi for $41k
Yes! That one! My apologies, I absolutely misread your original statement.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote