Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #15
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It doesn't matter if it's a motorcycle helmet or a racing helmet, any track worth it's salt will have regulations stating that it must be Snell rated and will check the back to make sure (the Snell rating system is actually the same for both types). Since your helmet is just DOT rated and not Snell, be prepared to be turned away.
Draco I'm not picking on you with this ,but all snell helmets aren't rated the same.

This is copied from the Grassroots Racing website.

"Here's the difference according to Snell themselves.
What are the differences between the SA, M and K standards?
The SA standard was designed for competitive auto racing while the M standard was for motorcycling and other motorsports. The K standard was released to accommodate helmets used in karting. There are three major differences between them:

The SA standard requires flammability test while the M and K standards do not.
The SA and K standards allow for a narrower visual field than the M standard (Some SA and K certified helmets may not be street legal).
The SA and K standards include a rollbar multi-impact test while the M standard does not. "
Old 10-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #16
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
What helmets do you guys posting wear to the track? Show him what you wear at the dragstrip so he has an idea.
My car isn't fast enough to require wearing a helmet. But when I take the Gsxr to the track or just riding in General . Bell Star Carbon. $700 in 2013 when I picked it up.
Attached Images