Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #15
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1 View Post
Hello!
Looking at the 19 ZLE with 2k miles at a dealership and the driver door has been replaced because owner clipped garage door. How bad will it lower the price in case I buy it now and decide to trade it in couple years down the line? Should I even bother with this car?
Found this, in OK with 3K miles, one owner and no accidents. I wouldn't offer 57K with damage/accident history as it will surely impact resale value should decide to sell. Out of curiosity, does the owner have pictures of this damage? I would have thought they would just re-skin the door, not replace it, unless the damage was extensive.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=266053683
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:50 PM   #16
Ch1

Drives: 19 ZLE M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
Found this, in OK with 3K miles, one owner and no accidents. I wouldn't offer 57K with damage/accident history as it will surely impact resale value should decide to sell. Out of curiosity, does the owner have pictures of this damage? I would have thought they would just re-skin the door, not replace it, unless the damage was extensive.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=266053683
That one is a bit out of price range, will wait some time and see if they drop the price, i have it saved as well. In regards to pictures, they only provided report on parts that were replaced. Story is that fixing damage and repainting will never look like original so he just replaced the whole door with oem stuff. Its sold at audi dealer and all work was done there, not sure how good the job is in terms of any potential leaks tho
Ch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #17
LESS1

Quote:
That one is a bit out of price range, will wait some time and see if they drop the price, i have it saved as well. In regards to pictures, they only provided report on parts that were replaced. Story is that fixing damage and repainting will never look like original so he just replaced the whole door with oem stuff. Its sold at audi dealer and all work was done there, not sure how good the job is in terms of any potential leaks tho
The intent of the add was to level set, 1K higher asking price with 3K miles no damage/accident history. I wasn't implying you run up to OK and purchase, sorry I that wasn't clear. I for one do not buy the reason given by the Audi dealer, car is 1 year old so unless it sat in the desert and was baked in full sun all day, the color match shouldn't be too difficult. Do they have any pictures of the underside of the rocker panels? Concerning the add I provide, if you like the car, call them up and make an offer, worst they can do is counter your offer. My thought process is this. If you are going to spend low 50K for the car spending a little more to buy one without a questionable history is cheap peace of mind. With the added benefit of better re-sale. My .02 so take it for what it's worth and good luck whichever way you decide to go.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:13 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
How good or how bad of a deal it is impossible to tell without knowing all the specs of the car.

Damage Reported on Carfax can mean anything really, from scratch repair to part replacement.

Will it effect resale? Of course, just look at what others are saying in this thread. Many saying walk away etc.

Yes, there may be some 'no damage reported' ZLE's out there priced lower or the same. However, are they equipped the same? Mileage? How were they maintained and treated?

I am going to assume that you have been to the dealership and put your hands on the car? If not do that, go up there and inspect it. Look the door over closely and then look at the rest of the car. I think you mentioned that the original owner works at the dealership? Talk to him, get a feel for what type of person he is. This might be a really good deal.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #19
Ch1

Drives: 19 ZLE M6 Red Hot
Thanks for input everyone. Decided to pass on it, will keep looking and hopefully buy from a member that actually knows the whole story of the car
Ch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #20
LESS1

Quote:
Thanks for input everyone. Decided to pass on it, will keep looking and hopefully buy from a member that actually knows the whole story of the car
Probably for the best anyway. Hang in there and be patient, 50K is not an insignificant sum.