Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #15
TankMorph
More Human Than Human

Drives: 2011 1LT IOM M6
Thanks for the info JusticePete!
TankMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
SabsBee
Transforming

Drives: Transformer Edition Camaro
This is a great thread guys. I have a question. I want to put on some strut tower covers and noticed that they all seem to sit too high when keeping with the stock set up of the washers and nuts.

Stock set up being the firs washer, then nut then second washer than locking nut right?

This being the case how can I resolve without damaging the suspension or the hood? Is there a resolution?
SabsBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:52 AM   #17
1636Patriot

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
So here is my question. I have seen all the posts reguarding the Camaro front end noise. With that said, I just installed the Eibach Pro-Kit with 1.0 inch lowering springs and front/rear sway bars. My question is, is the noise coming from under the hood (top strut washer/nut) or from underneath? I noticed especially after installing the front springs, there is about a 1/2-3/4 inch gap between the frame of strut tower and the bottom of the washer. Will it hurt anything to install the top strut mount washer upside down (seems to fit better anyway)? To me there is a rubber gasket on top and bottom of washer, with it upside down, the rubber gasket sits against the strut house better and I would think it will eliminate any noise coming from the strut. The noise seems to be in my mind the upper strut hitting against the upper strut housing attached to the body of the car. Flipping the washer with support the strut so that movement is minimal. Am I wrong and am I going to do more harm than good?
I just installed same kit with the same issue...what was your final result? Is the space okay?
1636Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 06:55 AM   #18
1636Patriot

Is the washer space okay? I just installed same springs with matching struts...same issue...washer in front is raised more than before...is this okay?
Old 06-07-2023, 07:02 AM   #19
1636Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
So here is my question. I have seen all the posts reguarding the Camaro front end noise. With that said, I just installed the Eibach Pro-Kit with 1.0 inch lowering springs and front/rear sway bars. My question is, is the noise coming from under the hood (top strut washer/nut) or from underneath? I noticed especially after installing the front springs, there is about a 1/2-3/4 inch gap between the frame of strut tower and the bottom of the washer. Will it hurt anything to install the top strut mount washer upside down (seems to fit better anyway)? To me there is a rubber gasket on top and bottom of washer, with it upside down, the rubber gasket sits against the strut house better and I would think it will eliminate any noise coming from the strut. The noise seems to be in my mind the upper strut hitting against the upper strut housing attached to the body of the car. Flipping the washer with support the strut so that movement is minimal. Am I wrong and am I going to do more harm than good?
I just installed same kit with the same issue...what was your final result? Is the space okay?
Old 06-07-2023, 07:06 AM   #20
1636Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Holy crap. I was googling this same thing and it brought me here. I have the same gap. unacceptable imo.

I'll not be driving mine until I get to the bottom of this. Turning the top retainer around will only eventually bend it and create more problems.

I just installed same kit...same issue....did you end up with a solution? Or is the space okay? Sorry, I'm new to the forum if this has been answered already...I can't get my pics to load in the garage either...lol