Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 AM   #15
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by fee5fofum View Post
Recently OnStar has been sending me letters and emailing me about renewing my subscription before it runs out . I was undecided about it due to the Price per year for it and that I would just get a nice GPS system plus I don't have to worry about the discount in price in having OnStar because I already have a sweet deal on insurance already .

So I decided I was going to cancel my Onstar - Directions & Connections w/ 1 month left remaining . So yesterday I called to do that but before I did I asked to see if they can help me out with pricing and also see if they have any specials / Promotions or even if they had anything for Military Veterans , the Rep. who was really nice said that he will check on all discounts, promotions / specials at this time or see what he can do to lower the price in anyway , which took a while but well WORTH the wait ! !
This is what the Rep. came up with and gave me for OnStar's Directions and Connections :

3 months for FREE (starting mid May) , 100 Bonus mins. / also they rolled over my 400 mins from a previous promotion that I had left to go along with the 100 Bonus mins. but the best part of all this is that after the 3 months for FREE are over they will be charging me $12.95 a month for 1 yr. for Directions/Connections ...
Good Deal!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #16
SNV

Figured I'd bump an old thread (search does work ).
I had around 2 weeks left before I expired. I called them up and told them I like having the service but don't use it that much. Told them I would love the directions plan but I know I can't get it without the safe and sound plan. I went on to tell them it would cost to much. They offered me 1 year at $12 a month for safe and sound plus directions for 6 months free. It's all month to month. Not locked into a contract. So total for 6 months comes to $72 . Make sure you call and talk them down in price if you plan on renewing.
SNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #17
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Just call and ask them to remove you credit card number from your file and then drop the service. You can buy a real gps for $30 per month.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:48 AM   #18
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
Just call and ask them to remove you credit card number from your file and then drop the service. You can buy a real gps for $30 per month.
Not sure where you get the $30 a month from. I got everything for $12 a month. If it was $30 a month I would just use my Droid phone for directions .
Old 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #19
SS Drifter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Not sure where you get the $30 a month from. I got everything for $12 a month. If it was $30 a month I would just use my Droid phone for directions .
I think you missed the point. I wouldn't have Onstar even if it were free.
SS Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Drifter View Post
I think you missed the point. I wouldn't have Onstar even if it were free.
Come on lol. When things are free it makes them that much better haha.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #21
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fee5fofum View Post
Recently OnStar has been sending me letters and emailing me about renewing my subscription before it runs out . I was undecided about it due to the Price per year for it and that I would just get a nice GPS system plus I don't have to worry about the discount in price in having OnStar because I already have a sweet deal on insurance already .

So I decided I was going to cancel my Onstar - Directions & Connections w/ 1 month left remaining . So yesterday I called to do that but before I did I asked to see if they can help me out with pricing and also see if they have any specials / Promotions or even if they had anything for Military Veterans , the Rep. who was really nice said that he will check on all discounts, promotions / specials at this time or see what he can do to lower the price in anyway , which took a while but well WORTH the wait ! !
This is what the Rep. came up with and gave me for OnStar's Directions and Connections :

3 months for FREE (starting mid May) , 100 Bonus mins. / also they rolled over my 400 mins from a previous promotion that I had left to go along with the 100 Bonus mins. but the best part of all this is that after the 3 months for FREE are over they will be charging me $12.95 a month for 1 yr. for Directions/Connections ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
Figured I'd bump an old thread (search does work ).
I had around 2 weeks left before I expired. I called them up and told them I like having the service but don't use it that much. Told them I would love the directions plan but I know I can't get it without the safe and sound plan. I went on to tell them it would cost to much. They offered me 1 year at $12 a month for safe and sound plus directions for 6 months free. It's all month to month. Not locked into a contract. So total for 6 months comes to $72 . Make sure you call and talk them down in price if you plan on renewing.
My Directions and connections is due next week. I just got off the phone with Onstar and the best discount they could offer was $249 for the year for D&C or $199 for the year on Safe & Sound. I pressed them for a deeper discount and got nowhere, so I said I would think about it some more and call back.

How'd you all get the $12.95/month deal?

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 AM   #23
98nosz28

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28
i love the turn by turn. ya i could by a normal gps but you still need an address to get there.I was lost looking for a camper dealer and called them up, they came back on saying they could not find it so they were going to call the dealership. a few mins later the guys came on and said that the dealership is in a very new area and they will not be in the gps yet. so he asked them to a near by gas station and got directions from there for me. he downloaded the directions to the gas station and then told me the other turns i needed to make. he also gave the the dealerships phone number so i could call them if i had any troubles. so worth the money if you travel lots in unknown cities.

2011 SS/RS synergy green, sunroof, M6. Street scene ground effects, hood spear and shark fin decals from ridergraphix.
98nosz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 AM   #24
2011SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6
I got the same e-mail and never authorized any automatic credit card payments. This is bs, I cancelled Onstar when the free 6 months expire unless they come up with really good deal.

SPARKS SS emblems, PUTCO mailslot led, AAC led side markers,
AUTOLUMINATION drl's, f/r turn sig,dome, trunk, license led's,
SOUTHERN CAR PARTS sequential turn signals,
BIG WORM GRAPHICS hood spears, mail slot, gills
3M CRYSTALLINE 40% window tint
HURST shifter/plate, GMPARTS quarter flares
RPI flat black bezels and rjt license plate frame
STREET SCENE chin splitter

2011SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #25
SirMike
Inland Empire Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, 2015 Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
My Directions and connections is due next week. I just got off the phone with Onstar and the best discount they could offer was $249 for the year for D&C or $199 for the year on Safe & Sound. I pressed them for a deeper discount and got nowhere, so I said I would think about it some more and call back.

Tie fightr - Best advise I have is to try calling back and trying it out on a different person. Different people are willing to help you more or less depending on the day, mood, how much sleep they had the night before, if something good/bad happend recently . . . the variables are endless. Bottom line, when dealing with customer service reps 1) Try to always be polite, even if they are rude and/or do not help at all. 2) Thank them in advance and continue to act like they have all the power and abilitiy to make your day/year. 3) Be straight forward and ask for what you want. (cheaper price). 4) If all else fails, call back and try to get a hold of a different rep. <== Most important, usually works.

Good luck Tie Fightr. Let us know what happens.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #26
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post

Sorry missed your post. Call and try again. If they so they can't help ask for cancellation department. I told them I only wanted the directions knowing they have to package it. I told them I might have to cancel because it was to much. They gave me directions free for 6 months. I will call them again when it's just about up.