Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
very nice!
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
very nice!
Thanks!
What package are you going with at LPE? Those guys do awesome work!!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
mws444

OK Aaron, I just ordered the chamber kit....so I guess I sill be the lab rat and figure out if they will work with the new Pedders coilovers.
I will post up and let everyone know how it goes.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #18
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
OK Aaron, I just ordered the chamber kit....so I guess I sill be the lab rat and figure out if they will work with the new Pedders coilovers.
let me know too im not gonna run the canister version but ill be running the Xa's
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
let me know too im not gonna run the canister version but ill be running the Xa's
You got it.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #20
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I'm going to put this question here...so you guys running the Pedders coil overs could order another set of front OEM hats and then you could litterally swap assemblies...no spring compressor needed. Right?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I'm going to put this question here...so you guys running the Pedders coil overs could order another set of front OEM hats and then you could litterally swap assemblies...no spring compressor needed. Right?
I guess you could, but why? If you run an adjustable coilover you are just a few clicks of a knob away from what ever you wnt. You can also change your ride hieght at any time, but you will need to re-aligin.
This is why I am going to run the adjustable coilovers, I can change the settings so easily.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #22
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
I am not sure their camber plate is compatible with our Xa coil overs. You need to have room on the upper thread for the adjuster but with their double nut, I do not think you will be able to install the adjuster. Now if you do not want to leave the adjuster on, that will work, but you have to protect the hole in the top from the environment

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #23
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
I am not sure their camber plate is compatible with our Xa coil overs. You need to have room on the upper thread for the adjuster but with their double nut, I do not think you will be able to install the adjuster. Now if you do not want to leave the adjuster on, that will work, but you have to protect the hole in the top from the environment

mike
dms
I will get with Pfadt this morning and see what I can figure out.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #24
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
After a very long and indepth investigation in the the mirad of offerings I have finally got everything ordered. It will be installed by Heath and his team at American Muffler in Fredricksberg TX. If everything goes well within the next couple of weeks I will load up the car in the new rig and get er done!
I went with a hybrid system of sorts because of availability. Take a look:

From Pedders:

164086 SportsRyder Supercar Coilover
EP1167HD Zeta HD Differential Mounts
EP1201HD Camaro HD Rear Sub Frame Repl
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack/Pinion Mnt
EP6577 Camaro Front Radius Rod Bush
EP7264 Zeta Rear Lower Control Arm In
EP7322 Camaro Rear Upper Control Arm
EP7323 Zeta Rear Trailing ArmToe Link
PDUSACAM2800 Camaro Complete Brake Hose Kit
PDUSACAMFULL Camaro Full Alignment Kit

From Pfadt:

Camaro Adjustable Sway Bars - Sport
Camaro Performance Rear Trailing Arm
Pfadt Camaro Sway Bar End Links
2010 Camaro Engine Mounts
and maybe the new 2010 Camaro Camber Kit if I can find out if they will work.

On the sways it was more about availability, I think they both have awesome sways.
I choose Pedders for the bulk of the parts as I feel they have the most experience with the Zeta platform. Pfadt is coming on strong and have a great reputation in their own right with the Vettes, and have invested heavily in the Camaro. I guess in a couple of weeks I will be here posting the results of my quest for supercar handling.
Nice list of parts! I believe you will enjoy your Camaro much more

Maybe I can shed some information on the chamber plates. Pfadt has two types of chamber plates, one of which is engineered for the factory spring size, the other model is designed for a standard 2.5" spring which most coilover systems use. I am not familiar enough with those coilovers that you purchased to give you any more input other then if the unit has a 2.5" spring it should work, although I can not guarantee this with 100% certainty as we have not personally tested this on that model coilover.

Good luck with the car and if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
mws444

I thought I would fill everyone in one the latest addition, the Pfadt camber plates. It seems the adjustment knobs for the Pedders coilovers thread onto the end of the strut shaft, and if you look at the Pfadt plates they use a locknut on top to hold the setting for the camber. So it seems we will have to get creative to make them work together. We have a couple of ideas and if worse comes to worse I may just leave them out.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
I thought I would fill everyone in one the latest addition, the Pfadt camber plates. It seems the adjustment knobs for the Pedders coilovers thread onto the end of the strut shaft, and if you look at the Pfadt plates they use a locknut on top to hold the setting for the camber. So it seems we will have to get creative to make them work together. We have a couple of ideas and if worse comes to worse I may just leave them out.
Hey everyone, I am not sure what info you are getting, but please clarify what nut you are referring to. We don't supply any retaining nuts. You use what you have, be it OEM, or for your specific coilovers. If you were installing these coilovers in your car with out our Pfadt Camber/Caster plates, what retaining mechanism would you use? Ok...now use THAT one with our plates! The camber setting is held by the three socket head cap screws.

As I have mentioned, if the damper shaft diameter is the same as the OEM diameter, which, if it works with the OEM upper strut mount, it should be, then there is nothing else to it. It is just a spherical, with a through hole. Pretty simple. You use whatever retaining nut you already have with your OEM struts, if one is not provided by your coilover manufacturer. Post up some pics (of the top adjuster area) and I could clarify further if you want.

We do however, supply a small washer that centers the shaft in the spherical, that is installed directly underneath whatever retaining nut is used with your OEM struts or aftermarket coilovers. Hope this helps and please let me know what other questions you have!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #27
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hey everyone, I am not sure what info you are getting, but please clarify what nut you are referring to. We don't supply any retaining nuts. You use what you have, be it OEM, or for your specific coilovers. If you were installing these coilovers in your car with out our Pfadt Camber/Caster plates, what retaining mechanism would you use? Ok...now use THAT one with our plates! The camber setting is held by the three socket head cap screws.

As I have mentioned, if the damper shaft diameter is the same as the OEM diameter, which, if it works with the OEM upper strut mount, it should be, then there is nothing else to it. It is just a spherical, with a through hole. Pretty simple. You use whatever retaining nut you already have with your OEM struts, if one is not provided by your coilover manufacturer. Post up some pics (of the top adjuster area) and I could clarify further if you want.

We do however, supply a small washer that centers the shaft in the spherical, that is installed directly underneath whatever retaining nut is used with your OEM struts or aftermarket coilovers. Hope this helps and please let me know what other questions you have!
All I have to go on are the pictures I have seen posted here on the forum.
take a look at this one from you original thread announcing them.
In this photo you show two nuts on the threaded end of the strut shaft, hence no room to thread the adjustment knob.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #28
mws444

Here is another picture I came across on an installed set.
Attached Images